London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at London Marriott Hotel West India Quay in London (Canary Wharf), you’ll be close to O2 Arena and Olympic Stadium. This 5-star hotel is close to Tower of London and London Bridge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 301 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Don’t miss out on recreational opportunities including a health club and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-out. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Chose this hotel as I was arriving at LCY in the early evening. Checkin was quick and efficient and i was soon in my comfortable room and not long after that in the Lounge with a nice glass of beer and lovely snack. After a good night's sleep there is a large buffet breakfast in the Manhattan Grill - spoilt for choice.
I stayed here in the Spring with my wife and 3 year old daughter after finishing up a transatlanic cruise. An upgraded room was not available, or at least that is what the front desk staff told me. However, the standard room was very spacious and completely updated. This was more than enough room for the 3 of us.
The executive lounge was beautiful and had an absolutely breathtaking view. The location is right in the middle of many restaurants and public transportation; there is a nice movie theater directly across the street from the hotel. I do have to mention that many of the restaurants in the immediate vicinity are extremely expensive, like 50 GBP for a hamburger expensive.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is new, comfy and in a convenient enough location.
The check in is short and succinct, but be aware when your room is allocated some are quieter than others. Depending which side of the hotel your room faces you may get a little noise from the railway I believe. You can always ask for an internally facing room which I had and enjoyed quiet all night long. There is a trade off though, the view from internal facing rooms isn’t that great; but a trade off for a quiet night sleep is well worth it. If you want a view, go for a walk and enjoy the picturesque views of the river. I didn’t think scenery would ever be nice surrounded by sky scrapers but it’s all pretty impressive.
My standard king room was actually of really impressive quality. It looked new, fancy and with everything I needed. It had a tv bigger than mine at home, iron and board, safe. Plenty of cupboard space too. The room was also kitted out for the less able, but all that really meant for me was a lower sink. To be honest I wouldn’t have thought anything of it had the receptionist not told me.
I didn’t eat dinner in the hotel but did enjoy breakfast. The service wasn’t super fast, but the selection for breakfast has everything you could need really. Choices of continental, full English and an omelette chef.
Checkout the next day was also pretty quick. Fairly effortless with personable staff.
There’s also free WiFi for paying guests. Coverage was good with capacity to stream internet video.
I believe the hotel had a gym but no pool which I think is sad. It’s a shame even if they don’t have one, they could maybe organise admission to another near by.
A note to remember is the shear capacity of people in Canary Warf. During the day they’re all safely in their offices but peak hours tube trains are extremely busy. Don’t underestimate queues at 5-6 pm. 90% of people are commuting out of the area. My advice is to relax and join the other 10% in a local bar.
One night stay to get closer to city airport which is 10 min’s away with taxi.
Hotel is good, well maintained and clean. Front desk staff is polite and nice. Rooms are modern and clean. All provided for.
What can I say. Can’t fault this 5 star hotel. Great location, full of bars and restaurants. Totally posh!!!! A short walk to the DLR line so you can get to and from the city with ease. It’s in the heart of Canary Wharf but the only thing is if you drive you’ll have to pay for parking!!! Parking is not free unfortunately.