London Marriott Hotel County Hall
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at London Marriott Hotel County Hall in London (Lambeth), you’ll be minutes from Sea Life London Aquarium and London Dungeon. This 5-star hotel is close to Coca-Cola London Eye and Big Ben.
Make yourself at home in one of the 200 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Satellite programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this hotel include concierge services, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include limo/town car service, express check-in, and express check-out. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
I stayed here for 5 nights in October. It was fantastic!!! The room was beautiful and staff were friendly. The location could not be any better. Walking distance to most of London’s « need to see » attractions.
If you're looking for probably the most well located hotel in London, you can't go wrong with the Marriott County Hall. Our room overlooked the London Eye which was amazing.
Food was great also and the breakfast buffet was great. I found the food was also reasonably priced for the calibre of the hotel which is always a plus.
Unfortunately the pool was closed when I visited which was a bit of a bummer but what can you do.
All in all a fantastic place to stay, there is probably a little nicer for the money but to be honest you're really paying for location when it comes to this hotel.
This hotel is not fit to be five stars. There is no guest lounge. The bar has ridiculously small chairs. The library room was closed at 6.00 pm and therefore excluded to us in the evening. The second bar was being used for a private function. The bedroom had only one comfortable chair - 5 star should have two. Some staff had good customer service skills others had poor skills and lastly the walk from the lift to bedroom and return was nearly a quarter of a mile. I will not be returning.
I'll write a brief summary as to why I don't recommend this property to vacationers. I recently stayed here from 10/11/18-10/16/18
However, I will begin this post with the few positives.
1) Can't beat the location. Easy access to Westminster Metro.
2) The property was recently renovated and has nice furniture.
Now for the long list of negatives:
1) No SPA . . . (really, no masseuses for such a high-end property?)
2) No Executive Room (Business Room) Good luck printing airline tickets... unless you are able to get assistance from the concierge.
3) No Hot Tub...so much real estate in the indoor pool area and you cant install a hot tub?
4) Poor location for Ubers/Taxis, they often get lost attempting to find the round-about.. Signage in the front of the hotel would help the drivers..
5) Stingy with towels and toiletries. Good luck getting extra towels delivered in a timely fashion.
6) Hot Water often not present. Poor plumbing.
7) Poor customer service. Worst service by any Marriott I've ever experienced. As a Platinum Member, I expect much more. A simple request, have someone with a strong understanding of the ENGLISH language working the front desk at ALL times. I often had to speak SPANISH to get my point across to the front desk. This is the United Kingdom right? ....
8) Terribly long hallways. Only has one set of elevators and one entry/exit point for the entire County Hall. This is a terrible set-up for such a nice hotel. Be prepared to walk a lot. . .
Now for some of the serious issues I encountered during my stay:
1) Day 2 of my stay, early in the morning, the entire Hotel was evacuated on a false alarm. The Marriott never told us why we were evacuated... just told us that it was an alarm and everyone had to be evacuated at 6am.... all guests were either getting ready or still sleeping... unsatisfactory... The Hotel staff said that the County Hall building shares the history building walls with various restaurants and a neighboring hotel. They said that a smoke alarm or false alarm was highly probable..
2) Day 3-4 we had no hot water. After multiple calls, the engineer finally deduced that the false alarm from a few days prior triggered the gas shut off on the water heaters. So all the gas powered gas heaters were down and had to be reset... I just cant believe they couldn't fix this problem quickly.
3) I requested on multiple occasions to have extra towels delivered, because house keeping does not honor the initial request on your profile. I had to call the front desk multiple times to get towels delivered.
4) Check your billing statements. I was frequently charged erroneously for bogus chargers. Such as internet fees, and service fees. Buyer beware.
I hope my review is read by their Hotel management and changes are made. This property is located in a great central spot and its why I chose it. . . but after the nightmare I lived through, I don't wish anyone the same experience and hope that their management make some drastic changes to rectify all these issues.
This hotel is in a great location and have modern rooms but the hotel management team has NO customer service skills. We arrived at the hotel after an international flight to check in at 3pm only to find our room was not ready until 6pm.
When we asked to cancel our reservation to go to another hotel the management advised us that this was not possible as they would charge us for the room as per there cancellation policy. I advised them I did not want to cancel but I wanted to leave the hotel only because they did not have the room ready that I had paid for at the time of check in. We decided to stay so we would not lose our money and were very tired. Once we got into our room after 6pm it had an awful mess all over the floor where it appeared someone was sick and this was not cleaned. When we complained to management they said sorry there is nothing they could do as the cleaning staff had already left for the day and there were no other rooms available as they were fully booked. We then ordered room service and we were sent the wrong order. it seemed this Hotel could not get anything right during our stay. Great location but no customer service. We have complained to the Marriot hotel customer service for over the last 2 months requesting a refund or full compensation and have been promised a call back with a resolution several times but NO ONE EVER calls or emails a reply after calling over 5 times and being placed on hold for an average of 45min-1 hour wait to speak with customer service each time. Please DO NOT stay at this hotel or try to call Marriot Customer service as they will NOT help you or get back to you at anytime to resolve or discuss any issues you may have had at their hotels. Our family has stayed at several Marriot's in the past and this is the only Hotel and customer service issue we have ever had. Save your time and money and go to ANY other Hotel in London as I can guarantee you will receive better service and care at any other Hotel.