Crowne Plaza London – Battersea
What We Love
- On the Thames but away from the action, this is a different London hotel experience
- Supremely comfy, well-appointed rooms
- Quiet atmosphere is better suited to couples in search of R&R than party fiends
- Stunning Art Deco–meets–modern bar and restaurant
- Jetset-glam style, from the passport-shaped key cards to the in-room notepad stationery
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Location in Battersea makes this hotel better for a relaxed break or second-time London visit
- Deluxe Rooms are the only category without river views
- Mobile phone reception is patchy because of its proximity to the heliport
- The glow from the bedside light switch cannot be turned off
- Free WiFi
- Pets are not permitted
- Children 15 and under are not permitted in the spa; children 16 and over must be accompanied by an adult
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
A stay at Crowne Plaza London – Battersea places you in the heart of London, convenient to Stamford Bridge Stadium and Imperial College London. This 4-star hotel is close to Harrods and Royal Albert Hall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 78 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. This hotel has 7 meeting rooms available for events. Guests may use a train station pick-up service for a surcharge, and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
so if you need a decent hotel in this area then it is pretty much the only choice, but its not a great choice..... despite being fairly new, its incredibly grubby and its just as well the room lighting is fairly dim! The air system just wasn't up to a hot summers evening and the windows didn't open so a fairly uncomfortable stay
Stayed here last night for the first time because we were meeting friends in town. David at reception was very friendly, polite and helpful. We were given an upgrade and were in room 316 - this was a room for people with mobility problems, so was a large room and bathroom that was equipped for all this. The room was very quiet and comfortable and I slept like a log.
Stayed here in Jan this year with family, great staff really helpful, rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, restaurant food a little ltd, but hey Gordon Ramsey's London House hotel is nearby. right next to London Heliport, handy for Chelsea, Fulham areas.
We usually stay at crown plaza Kensington but they had no club rooms available so booked here.On arrival I did think it was a strange location,surrounded by quite industrial buildings.We were told the pool was being re-tiled so couldn’t be used,there was also a lot of noise from work being done by reception.I was originally put on the 14th floor but I asked to be moved as I’m not great with heights and that was no problem at all,the staff were more than happy to help.I thought the heli pad would be a nightmare but on the contrary I really enjoyed watching them arrive and take off.I would stay here again but it is a bit off the beaten track to where my meetings are.
I'm very disappointed with the house keeping situation at Crowne Plaza Battersea.
I was a guest at the hotel for 10 days and noticed the following:
- Bedsheets and bed linen were not changed for four days.
- I left my used towels in bathtub signifying that I wanted them changed. When I came back, I found that the same towels had simply been folded and returned to the same place.
- Used coffee cups are simply rinsed in the bathroom sink and returned to the same place.
- I wasn't given a new bar of soap in all the time I was a guest here.
- The breakfast in this hotel is terrible. Note that there are no decent restaurant options within walking distance of the area.
- A fire alarm was triggered while guests were sleeping. The evacuation process was not very organised.