Corinthia Hotel London
What We Love
- On the doorstep of London’s big attractions: Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, South Bank and Leicester Square
- The cocktails, amiable bartenders and grand piano bar in the David Collins-designed Bassoon bar
- The pre-theater menus: two courses at the Northall or pasta and wine at Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- The location is central and good for sightseeing, but it lacks that classic London charm — wander up St. Martin’s Lane and into Seven Dials for more of a neighborhood feel
- The restaurants are high-ceilinged and light-flooded — ideal for breakfast, lunch and all-day dining, but not as good for intimate dinners
- Pets are not permitted
- Smoking is allowed in some guestrooms
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Fresh from a major restoration and refurbishment, this Belle Epoque property—in an imposing building near London’s Thames Embankment that was once home to the Ministry of Defence—houses 294 rooms, some on two levels in rooftop turrets featuring bespoke artwork and fresh flowers, and a David Collins-designed bar and restaurant where Michelin-star chef Gary Holliheed champions classic British dishes. But the showstopper is Espa Life, a four-story “next-generation” spa with an amphitheater sauna made of champagne-hued lacquer and black marble.
In the Area
The Corinthia is just a five-minute walk from many central London landmarks. Visit the National Portrait Gallery during evening hours on Thursdays or Fridays, then head up to the rooftop Portrait Restaurant for drinks and supper. Or visit the collection of architect Sir John Soane at his museum, near Holborn tube, home to Hogarth’s A Rake’s Progress and candlelit from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m on the first Tuesday of the month. Walk across Embankment Bridge to the beautifully revamped Southbank Centre to catch a concert at the Royal Festival Hall or a play at the National Theatre — or just take a romantic riverside walk.
How to Get There
We couldn’t have asked for a nicer hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We were treated so special and everyone knew it was our anniversary. We had a lovely upgrade to a garden room which was beautiful. Janine made us feel so special and welcome. Our room was filled with cakes fruit champagne and flowers. Just amazing. Our meal at Kerridge’s was gorgeous and again the staff were so lovely. The spa was heavenly and I had the best massage from the lovely Marta. We had the most amazing stay and have decided to make this an annual event. Thank you so much.
Corinthia is my favourite hotel in London as it ticks all the boxes. It’s very comfortable, service is impeccable and food is great. The tea time in the lobby is very good and their breakfast as well. It also has the most beautiful spa with marble everywhere and the massages are so good!
I’ve stayed in many other of the big 5* hotels in London but Corinthia is by far my favourite I always want to come back to!
For perfect relaxation and still in the central area can’t get better. We had adjournment that are always well kept and well stocked. Cleaned twice a day. Breakfast was the highlight for the children with a good variety to choose from.
Can’t think of anything to complain about