Kichaka Luxury Game Lodge
What We Love
- All meals are included in the rate
- Big Five game viewing with a high likelihood of spotting lion, cheetah and elephant
- Arguably the best-kept secret among game reserves in the malaria-free Eastern Cape region of South Africa
- Professional, friendly staff who know the area and its history and are passionate about the property
- Excellent fine dining, featuring authentic local dishes like venison and an impressive selection of South African wines
- Free WiFi throughout the lodge and in all the suite
What To Know
- There is a minimum two-night stay
- Perfect for couples; you could even have an intimate bush wedding here followed by an idyllic honeymoon
- Ideal for independent travelers looking for hidden gems, rather than the big brand names
- Children eight and under are welcome with advance notice
- It’s about an hour’s drive from the nearest airport, in Port Elizabeth; the last stretch of driving is along a two-mile dirt road
- Located in a malaria-free region easily accessible from the Western Cape and Garden Route regions of South Africa
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Grahamstown, Kichaka Luxury Game Lodge is in a national park and within the vicinity of Lalibela Game Reserve and African Pride Pumba Private Game Reserve.
Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring private plunge pools. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, while MP3 docking stations help you enjoy your music in the comfort of your room. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
This lodge is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the lodge’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include luggage storage, laundry facilities, and a library. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
What an incredible stay we had at lalibela! The accommodation was just perfect with lovely large rooms and bathrooms. The infinity pool by the watering hole was great too and there were a group of giraffe down there when we arrived which was really special. Unfortunately, I was poorly throughout the stay so didn’t get to take advantage of the ‘full board’ aspect of things which was a shame but the staff really went above and beyond to ensure I was happy. The game drives were fabulous and very informative and our guide really made the experience for us. Would recommend and return in a heartbeat
Kichaka enjoys an idyllic location, with stunning views. We had a restful, luxurious and peaceful stay. The staff are attentive and friendly, without being to in your face. The game drives were superb. This was, by some large margin, the best safari we have been on. Yes, its not cheap, but goodness it was worth everything we paid. Highly recommended. Superb!
My husband and I are in our sixties and have been thinking about going on a safari for the past few years. I am so glad that we finally decided to do it. We chose Kichaka Lodge because of the amazing reviews and it did not disappoint. Everything was perfect, the accommodation, the food and the people (including the other lovely guests who were with us on our game drives).
Every effort was made to make our experience special. Our guide David was wonderful and managed to show us all of the animals we wanted to see. Highlights were the morning coffee with several giraffes wandering nearby and having a glass of wine on the evening game drive watching the sun go down. There was also an exciting moment when we had to reverse very quickly away from a herd of elephants we came across, as a large male elephant decided he didn’t want us to be there (David’s driving skills are quite something!)
In all, this was an unforgettable, heartwarming experience and like other reviewers, I did have a lump in my throat when David dropped us off at our car, hopefully we will come back one day.
Linda and Rob Doig