Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.
What We Love
- Fantastic location two blocks south of the Smithsonian Metro station, easy walking distance from the National Mall, Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial
- A 50-foot indoor pool with full-length windows that open onto a sundeck over the Potomac
- Impeccable service – attentive but not overbearing, pleasant but not sycophantic
- Grand marble bathrooms with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, separate soaking tubs and rain showers
- Live jazz in the Empress Lounge on weekends
- The 1,566-square-foot art gallery with rotating exhibitions that tie into timely city events
What To Know
- TaiPan rooms get immediate access to the TaiPan Club, which serves free canapes, drinks and breakfasts
- Hot tubs are single-sex, in separate men’s and ladies’ spa areas
- WiFi costs an extra $15 per day
- Immediate neighborhood lacks restaurants and bars – you'll need to cab it or take the metro
- Next to a highway and train track, but acoustic sleight of hand in the Asian garden muffles the noise
- Reservations are required for spa treatments
- Make reservations well in advance for a table at popular CityZen
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. places you in the heart of Washington, walking distance from Bureau of Engraving and Printing and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 397 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. 37-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 15000 square feet (1394 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
This is a first rate hotel mandarin is the only chain left that is in the hospitality business rather then the real estate business. Rooms are well appointed and bright and comfortable the service is what you come here for and it’s seamless The food is great and the location is central to the hill Whitehouse downtown and the wharf
Rooms very large and comfortable. Convenient location in DC. Staff is great and accommodating. Have been here a few times and definitely one of my favorite DC hotels. Will be going back no question. Beds are very confirtable
Beautiful hotel. Nothing to say about quality nor the employees.
BUT, to wait more than 30 MINUTES a table for 5 in the ONLY breakfast restaurant it’s something I can’t leave without telling future guests. I think it can be helpful to know it before so you take into account when planning your day. We had to change some things of our morning because of the delay. BTW, no reservations possible for breakfast.
BTW2, no pancakes or waffles... :(
We chose this hotel because we'd stayed at Mandarin Oriental hotels in Asia and found them to be consistently excellent. Unfortunately, while the rooms and cleanliness were the same, the standards of service were not. Housekeeping didn't replace used wine glasses, requests for fresh towels were ignored until the third reminder, and the bed turn-down service was offered after 10:00PM. Bell-hops loading our bags into two taxis but left two cases out - something we didn't realise until we got out at the airport. I think the management here needs to lift their game.
I really had no idea what kind of hotel this was before booking. I got a club room with a river view. This hotel was one of the best stays I have ever had. The place is so impressive. The lobby, the rooms, and the workers were great. The front desk would always go out of their way to help. I really liked the staff that worked the club lounge area. All of these workers deserve a 5 star rating. If looking for a nice stay you should consider this hotel.