Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.
What We Love
- Fantastic location two blocks south of the Smithsonian Metro station, easy walking distance from the National Mall, Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial
- A 50-foot indoor pool with full-length windows that open onto a sundeck over the Potomac
- Impeccable service – attentive but not overbearing, pleasant but not sycophantic
- Grand marble bathrooms with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, separate soaking tubs and rain showers
- Live jazz in the Empress Lounge on weekends
- The 1,566-square-foot art gallery with rotating exhibitions that tie into timely city events
What To Know
- TaiPan rooms get immediate access to the TaiPan Club, which serves free canapes, drinks and breakfasts
- Hot tubs are single-sex, in separate men’s and ladies’ spa areas
- WiFi costs an extra $15 per day
- Immediate neighborhood lacks restaurants and bars – you'll need to cab it or take the metro
- Next to a highway and train track, but acoustic sleight of hand in the Asian garden muffles the noise
- Reservations are required for spa treatments
- Make reservations well in advance for a table at popular CityZen
- Parking On Site
A stay at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. places you in the heart of Washington, walking distance from Bureau of Engraving and Printing and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument.
Make yourself at home in one of the 397 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. 37-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Washington? This hotel has 15000 square feet (1394 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Our stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC over Thanksgiving was truly outstanding! Our rooms were gorgeous, the hotel's room service and restaurants are fabulous (bar and Muse), and the service is absolutely the best we have ever experienced! The front desk, the Club Lounge, the housekeeping and the restaurant professionals were just incredible. I would love to give shout outs to all, and a special thanks to Yuggi, Caitlyn and Jennifer as well as really everyone we worked with-all made our stay the best! The hotel really provided a luxury experience and the sense that you are truly there among a team of professionals committed to making your stay truly excellent. THANK YOU and we cannot wait to have another Mandarin Oriental stay soon knowing that the Washington DC property was so excellent!
We had to go thru bad experience with check in service. They made me miss my meeting going back and forth and waiting more than 30 min for check in. We requested we needed king bed and no alcohol in the room and nothing was done . They sent us an old frig to the room as a substitute. Over all experience was not good at all.
Wonderful staff. Very comfortable. Business services great. Wifi worked very well. Also good for meetings. Running routes nearby. Food is excellent. The fitness facilities are very good. The concierge is very knowledgeable.
We’ve stayed here a few times with family/friends during our visits to DC. Relaxing atmosphere. Extremely professional but warm staff. Always greeting kindly at the door and desk. Rooms have a classic , luxurious feel. Coffee station in the mornings is perfect. The pillows! The pillows! We all raved about the pillows. Where do they get those pillows? Beautifully decorated this Christmas.
A high end hotel well situated in DC, everything you would expect at a 4+star accommodations. The beds are very comfortable and definitely to my liking, nice and firm but cozy, the staff are professional and discreet. The breakfast was great and included in the room rate we had, otherwise I suspect it would be a little expensive if someone else isn't paying for it.