What We Love
- A romantic suite at a boutique mansion on stunning Santorini, with breakfastStaying in a charming suite in the one-time home of a former prime minister
- Sampling the wine, sourced from local vineyards in one of the world's most famous wine regions
- The elegant off-white shades and natural touches in the gorgeous suites
- The ultra-private, wonderfully exclusive location of this island hideaway
What To Know
- You can book the entire villa – 3 double siutes and 2 Markezinis suites – for private celebrations
- The property is in Messaria, a charming village in Santorini known for its wine
- Markezinis doesn't have a pool but guests are welcome to swim (and eat) at sister properties Volcanic View Hotel and Petit Palace Luxury Suites
The ancient volcanic island of Santorini is an otherworldly Greek destination known for its dramatic landscapes, picturesque clifftop towns and blue-domed rooftops. With chic white drapes, elegant cream-colored furnishings and a blissfully private location, the luxurious, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winning Markezinis Suites fits right in on this gorgeous island.
The one-time residence of a former prime minister, the mansion is divided into five deluxe accommodations. Wonderfully removed and attended with impeccable service, this is a place where every conceivable comfort – Jacuzzi baths, feather pillows, fluffy bathrobes and more – is at hand. To really live it up in the lap of luxury, be sure to spend some time at the sophisticated Elia Restaurant and wine bar, where a leisurely wine-tasting is a must.
With vaulted ceilings and beautiful hardwood floors, these stunning open-plan suites are pure elegance. You’ll find 320-375 square feet of space to stretch out in and plenty of soft natural light. Neo-classical subtleties give the suites an aristocratic air that oozes luxury, and the Jacuzzi bathtub will certainly make it hard to leave.
Elia Restaurant offers intimate poolside dining, serving a fine menu of Mediterranean cuisine. With a stylish vibe and tasteful décor, this is the perfect place to spend a romantic evening. Breakfast can, of course, be a bit more lazy, with a breakfast-in-bed option available in the comfort of your own suite.
Situated in the Southern Aegean sea, Santorini is located in the only inhabited volcano cauldron in the world and attracts swathes of worldly travelers to its burnt-sienna sands. Near the hotel, in the peaceful area of Messaria, you’ll find lovely whitewashed villages perched high on tall cliffs and lined with boutiques, cafés, gourmet restaurants and wineries. The best thing to do here is to simply stroll around the area; you’re never far from a spectacular volcanic beach or an incredible panoramic view, and the relaxed island vibe will make you feel perfectly content to just explore in the sun.
How to Get There
Difficult to find on google, hard to park nearby, no view, stairs- difficult with luggage. However, good breakfast. Small staff of 2, very pleasant. Room was beautiful and bathroom was lovely. Bath jazzuzzi bubbles didn't work but was lovely to sit in with my husband anyway. Bed was comfortable.
Very centrally located although a car is essential. Pools available at sister hotels. The staff were all amazing and looked after us really well. The room was a delight. Nothing was too much for all the staff.
Free use of others group hotels amenities. Nice location not too far from Fira (10') and Beaches (20') by car. Breakfast home made every day or possibility to take it in all the group hotels. Very clean.