What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Lots of space, from rooms to balconies to the sprawling pool deck (with loungers galore)
- Stellar, unobstructed views of the sea
- Stylish, light-filled interiors
- The spa, which offers Turkish hammam treatments
- A laid-back vibe and friendly staff
What To Know
- The hotel isn’t in the center of Santorini’s action
- The hotel isn’t cliffside, so it’s not for those in search of the typical settings that Santorini is known for
- Some of the textiles and ocean murals (in some rooms) feel out of place
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Astro Palace places you in the heart of Santorini, walking distance from Agios Nikolaos Monastery and Museum of Prehistoric Thira. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Plateia Theotokopoulou and Santorini Folklore Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 44 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include limo/town car service, a computer station, and express check-in. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
What a lovely hotel !!
We stayed at Astro Palace for 4 nights in October in an executive suite. The staff at the hotel emailed me around a week before out visit to ask if we had any special requirements or needed transfers , which we arranged with them at 25 euros each way (for 2 people). The van was on time for our flight and took our bags for us. When we arrived at the hotel , they took our bags to our room and offered us a welcome drink. The lady on reception then sat with us and went through a map of the island , recommended hotels, bars and day trips. We then had a mini tour of the hotel and was shown to our room.
The executive suite was very spacious , large comfortable bed, all amenities, bath, shower, mini bar etc. It has a semi private pool (own pool but neighbouring rooms have pools too)
The outside space also had a large table and chairs under a canopy and a smaller table and chairs just outside of the room.
We had clean towels laid out on the private sunbeds each morning.
You can see the sea from the hotel but it's not near the beach. We organised transfers with the hotel to Kamari beach with was about 15/20 mins away.
When we arrived we were given a free 15 minute spa treatment which we made the most of, a small spa but has a jacuzzi, steam room and treatment areas friendly welcoming staff. Yes they do try and sell you other treatments when you book but that's their job , we politely declined any extras.
The staff are very attentive, as soon as someone has left a sunbed there are fresh towel laid out for the next person.
The whole hotel was absolutely spotless !!
Hotel seems out in the middle of no where when you arrive but is just a 10 minute walk into Thira town which has the sunset views and many lovely bars and restaurants.
Good continental spread at breakfast , lovely food and the dinner was great too.
The staff here go above and beyond and are so helpful ! I would definitley recommend and return as we had a brilliant stay :)
Santorini in general:
* Weather - first week in October was lovely mid 20s , little windy in the evenings so a light cardigan.
* Airport- bit of a shambles ! At the moment it's too small to deal with the masses of people, but they are extending it , I believe it's due to be done 2021.
* Tours - plenty of boat tours around the island and to hot springs
Lots of quad bikes available to hire to get around as well
* Beaches - We went to Kamari , most sunbeds are free if you spend €10 with the cafes/ restaurants
* Towns - Thira and Oia are extremely busy , especially in the summer as they get many cruises in each day. For best sunset views I would recommend booking a restaurant/ bar.
I recommend Rastoni restaurant for a lovely meal and view , and V lounge for drinks and nibbles.
One of my favourite hotel I have ever stayed in. Very clean suits and rooms, friendly and very cooperative staff, beautiful scenery and a lovely swimming pool. I would recommend everyone to visit Santorini and enjoy your stay at Astro Palace. Really a 5 star service and worth your money.
We stayed 4 nights at the Astro Palace in October. They hotel was great, the breakfast was very nice, and the staff made the stay wonderful. They were always willing to assist, answer questions, provide recommendations, and were so friendly. We had a wonderful room with a pool and amazing views. Thank you all for making this stay so great. We were celebrating me turning 50 and 7 years cancer free and you made that all the more enjoyable. Thank you for that.