Andronis Luxury Suites
What We Love
- Breakfast is included in the rate
- To-die-for views of the Aegean and Santorini’s famous caldera
- The restaurant, which juts out over the waters below and is quite possibly the best spot on the island for a dinner under the stars
- An all-encompassing organic philosophy
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- Children 12 and under are not permitted, and the place isn't particularly suited to older kids
- All suites have private Jacuzzis
- Lots of stairs to negotiate; not suitable for anyone with mobility problems
- It’s an easy walk to the end of the island, one of the most famous spots in the world for watching sunsets
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Perched on the edge of a cliff at Santorini’s westernmost point, Andronis Luxury Suites is a glamorous place for a blissed-out break. The 22-suite hotel combines traditional Aegean architecture with modern, minimalist design. Outside, Santorini’s ubiquitous white is offset by occasional flashes of blue and dramatic red, while indoors the suites and spa are all based on traditional cave design. In an area renowned for romance and luxury, this resort is right at the top, in every sense of the word.
Bed and Bath
The award-winning suites cling to the side of a steep cliff, high above Santorini’s spectacular caldera (the remains of a devastating volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago). Spacious and serene, the rooms range from the 344-square-foot Premier Suite with Jacuzzi to the 860-square-foot Pool Suite, which comes with its own private infinity pool. The suites all have a simple, elegant cave design, and they all feature private balconies to make the most of the exquisite views.
In accord with the hotel’s organic philosophy, the treatments at the heavenly Mare et Sanus Spa use natural, local ingredients. Local is also the crucial word at the fine dining restaurant, where traditional Greek cuisine and global recipes are brought together with a deft and delicate touch. Food may be a highlight at the Andronis, but to make it even more special, the place to enjoy it is under the stars, on the Lycabettus. Named after a hill in Athens, this dramatic rocky outcrop juts right out over the water, in one of the most romantic restaurant settings in the world.
In the Area
Take the long walk from the hotel down to the tiny port of Ammoudi (a stairway of 300 steps below Oia) for a seafood dinner right on the water at Sunset Fish Tavern. Just be prepared for the climb back to the top. It’s probably the most popular thing to do on Santorini, but witnessing a sunset at the very tip of Oia is a must for first-time visitors. Scores of people often gather for this magical daily spectacle, so get there early to bag a good spot under the windmill. Or take a boat trip along the caldera cliffs and see the island from a totally different angle. Santorini’s a good wine-growing island; taste a local drop at Art Space Gallery and Winery, which dates from 1861, in the village of Exo Gonia.
How to Get There
I could write about the breathtaking views, the perfectly maintained facility, the delicious food, the top notch breakfasts at my private pool. But I won’t. I will write about the most incredible service ever experienced. Everyone knew our name, everyone made a genuine effort to make our honeymoon the absolute best possible. Sofia, was our guest relation manager and she is on top of her game! If you’re in Santorini and you want to be pampered, Andronis Luxury Suites is the place to be. Thank you Andronis team for everything!!!
Mr. & Mrs. Fillis
We stayed at the Andronis Luxury Suites for seven (7) nights as a part of our 7-week European tour and our stay (still traveling) has been one of the best overall experiences thus far. I am a stickler for customer service and anything we needed or requested they were focused on making my husband and I happy. We were celebrating our one-year anniversary.
The complimentary in-room delivered breakfast is a PLUS too (I suggested on their guest review form that they have more plant-based greek breakfast options). My husband loved the frittatas... and everything about the breakfast.
The views were spectacular... just amazing! All rooms are located on the backside of a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. All rooms have a private outdoor jacuzzi, too!
Please keep in mind four (4) things:
1. The Andronis Luxury Suites are pricey! We paid $1,400/night to stay there -- and didn't have the largest room, which I can assume were much more than we paid. The price alone makes it a luxury hotel. The rooms are moderate in size and clean. Housekeeping was pristine and attentive, twice a day. Never had to ask for towels or soap or water. I truly appreciated this.
2. This hotel is NOT handicap accessible. You have to walk up and down to get to/from your room. There are no elevators. From our room, it was about 70 (wide) steps... so we got our exercise in, yet when coming in from a long day after wine tasting and eating delicious food, it was a bit tiresome. I found not only myself and husband out of breath when reaching the entrance level, we saw other couples out of breath too. It became like a joke almost and a conversation starter with other couples.
3. Privacy was somewhat of a concern. Our room windows were near the steps, so it kind of prevented us from having them open all the time. I had a few instances when the staffers saw me undressed. Staffers could also see us in the jacuzzi as well, as our room overlooked their restaurant. Curtains were available to close, but who wants the curtains closed when you're there for the view? So, not a big deal...but something to consider, especially if you're celebrating an anniversary like we were.
4. Old-school door locks. Locking the doors were a bit cumbersome. It wasn't a simple lock, it was one of the old school type locks that you have turn several times in each direction to lock/unlock. It would be helpful if they had key card entries as a convince to the guests like every luxury hotel we've ever stayed at... but again, not a big deal... except when you've been celebrating and drinking and are locked outside of your door for five minutes trying to figure it out :)
My ONLY complaint was that I kept seeing ants in our room and outside by the jacuzzi. I asked them to spray and they were very kind about it and said they would (which I believe they did), yet two (2) days later the ants were back. I didn't ask about it again, as I didn't want to come off as a pest, yet I am NO ant fan and at $1400 night, let's be honest, we shouldn't be seeing any ants - especially for a luxury hotel. With that said, it IS a hotel embedded within a cliff overlooking the sea, so you be the judge.
Sofia and Michael (front desk/concierge) were awesome and highly attentive. I really like those two... I give them both 5 stars at their jobs. The entire crew was great. They provided awesome restaurant recommendations (even with me being plant-based... my husband is not).
Would we go back? Yes, we would... we'd like to stay at one of their other hotels. Mr. Andronis seems to be the man in Oia... he owns everything from hotels, to fine jewelry stores to women's clothing stores (higher end and moderate).
Do I recommend you giving the Andronis Suites a try? Absolutely.
Wow. What an amazing place. Nothing you can complain about here. The lovely streets and restaurants are clean and well kept. The views are spectacular and the sunset is a must see. Not great if your stair walking is a bit off as the steps to the suites come in there hundreds but everything else is perfect.
Here again...for me Santorini is Oia and Oia is Andronis! My warmest THANK YOU to the whole team there for always welcoming us with the greatest smile and for treating us as family members! Andronis Luxury Suites is like heaven in earth, a place and people that fulfill all your desires! I am looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Million thanks to Andronis and the most friendly and customer oriented staff we have ever seen for making our stay the most memorable experience of our life! We were so lucky to stay in 2 of the luxurious suites, Pandora and Ares! What to remember....the breathtaking landscape, the luxurious premises, the elite Lycabettus restaurant, the amazing food tastes, the superb cocktails, the pool experience, the unsurpassed level of service quality...Here you see truly happy employees willing to super please their customers! Here you have what you want before even ask for it! The most authentic hospitality we have ever experienced! Once in Andronis Suites, always here!!!! We will see you again very soon...