Madoupa Boutique Hotel
What We Love
- A boutique four-star retreat just a short stroll from the beach, with breakfastStaying just 10 minutes from the trendy bars, clubs and boutiques of Mykonos Town
- Spending your morning lazing by the pool, followed by an afternoon on one of the nearby beaches
- The rustic-inspired guest rooms, with all-white décor, stunning bathrooms, and lovely balconies
Perhaps the most popular destination in the Greek isles, Mykonos is a sunny island paradise full of glitz and glam. Whether you come to lounge on the beaches, party hard at the clubs or rub shoulders with A-listers, you can be fairly certain that this island has what you’re looking for. Rolling hills, white beaches and cubist Cycladic architecture provide the stunning backdrop, while trendy beach bars, hip restaurants and boutique shopping are sure to keep you entertained.
In true Mykonos fashion, four-star Madoupa Boutique Hotel is totally dedicated to spoiling its guests. Flaunting their good looks following a head-to-toe refurb in 2015, all of the 25 rooms boast rustic-chic décor, featuring hardwood flooring, soothing neutrals, cool pendant lighting, and plenty of gleaming whites. While life at this chilled-out, whitewashed hotel is mostly about lounging by the outdoor pool with a cool drink in hand, there’s plenty to do should you tire of sunbathing. Within a 20-minute stroll is the beach, and Mykonos Town is just a 10-minute drive away, offering plenty of boutiques, museums and the 16th-century windmills for which is the island is famous.
How to Get There
I stayed here for 5 nights with my boyfriend and we had nothing bad to say about this place. The staff were so friendly and went above and beyond to make you feel welcome, especially George the hotel manager! Pool was lovely and the rooms were authentic yet modern! Location is only a short walk from Mykonos Town and easily accessible by foot, although the roads are a little busy! Truly had the best time at this hotel, missing it already and would recommend to anyone wanting to visit Mykonos.
I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend. The hotel decor is authentic yet modern. The hotel staff were friendly especially George the bar manager. Food was delicious and the staff would cook additional food on the menu if asked. Hotel is within walking distance to the town, and located outside the hotel is a bus stop to all locations around the island. I miss this place already and will look forward to my return. Hotel is great.. Roads to town is busy but then all roads are the same in mykonos.. lovely setting.
After a very long trip we arrived at the hotel and immediately an unsmiling receptionist told us that because of a technical issue, we could not stay with them but they booked us elsewhere instead.
It was not a good start- the receptionist then told us the new place didn't have a swimming pool but we could use theirs; obviously I wasn't happy with that as we paid to have a swimming pool at the premises and at this point he abruptly asked me "Do you want to be in a bedroom with no water or electricity?".
I found that comment rude and unprofessional, you just don't talk to your customers like that plus it is was low season and most places were rather empty so we didn't appreciate to be presented with another booking for a different place without giving us any choice or alternative.
We had a good stay at the new place and they end up to have a swimming pool too (the receptionist was wrong) but still this is not the way you handle situations like this.
I booked to stay here for one night in order to catch my flight the next day after spending time in a villa on the island with friends. My primary reason for booking the hotel was because of the advertised ‘complimentary shuttle to the airport’. Whilst I can’t comment on the accommodation itself (explained below), I have two primary problems with the service received:
1. I rang to ask Three Shaes if they could book me a taxi from the villa I was staying to the hotel to be told I was no longer staying at Three Shades but at another hotel down the road - no prior warning, apology or explanation although I was assured the hotel would be of the same standard. To be fair the hotel I actually ended up at was perfectly fine, but the way this was dealt with I didn’t appreciate.
2. My main grievance arose when I tried to book a shuttle to the airport. The guys at the hotel I was moved to could not provide one (suggesting the hotel I was moved to was not quite the same standard as Three Shades). They kindly contacted Three Shades on my behalf asking them to organise the transfer to be told I didn’t have one included in my booking. I booked through the ‘last minute’ website which clearly states a complementary transfer was available on request. I therefore proceeded to email Three Shades diectly explaining that fact. I received no response. The morning of my flight I called Three Shades to confirm the status of the transfer. The receptionist was quite rude, telling me they had emailed me last night and couldn’t provide the transfer. She wouldn’t give me a reason why until I pushed. Apparently they expect you to book a transfer at least 48 hours in advance although this isn’t explained anywhere in the booking information. I asked for someone to call me back (the manager wasn’t around at the time I called) and that they resend the email they claim was sent to me the previous evening. Neither of these things happened and I ended up forking out for a taxi in order to make my flight. I’ve received no further apology or contact from the hotel.
My recommendation if value for money is important to you: pay the price of a taxi fare to stay somewhere nicer and with more consideration for their guests.
I know the review is in contrast to others so perhaps this was a case of ‘out of sight out of mind’ either way my ‘stay’ with Three Shades was not impressive.
Second year in a row to have a wonderful stay here. This time, we came with 7 friends to celebrate our friends 60th birthday. A group of 9 in total.
Again, Elena & George made our trip very personal & enjoyable.
Treating our birthday friend & the whole group exceptionally well.
All guests received little tasty treats around the pool mid afternoon which is a nice touch.
We booked the Superior rooms again which are fabulous, well appointed & always clean.
What makes Three Shades special, is the personal touch & friendly team.
We will be back for sure.