What We Love
- A traditional hotel steps from the beach, with breakfast, at least two dinners and moreThe incredible views over the azure sea or lush gardens from the hotel's waterside Blue Myth restaurant
- Your complimentary breakfast, two dinners every four nights, airport transfers and more
- Staying just a few steps from the clear waters of Platis Yialos Beach
What To Know
- Bust a move at the hotel's weekly Greek dance night
- Free shuttle service zips guests in and out of Mykonos town and does pick ups/drop offs from the airport
- You can hit the beachside pool at sister property Petinos Beach Hotel, just a short walk down the road
Greece is the word, but if you need another, it should be Mykonos. One of the nation’s most famously beautiful islands is also arguably its most happening vacation destination, with parties that start when the sun goes down and don’t stop till it comes up. Of course, there’s lots to enjoy in the daytime, too – beaches and boat tours, ruins and restaurants, windmills and wineries. You’ll hardly even know when to catch up on sleep.
Of course, you have to get some shut-eye sometime, if only to rest up for another day or night of sightseeing or dancing. To that end, you want a home base like Hotel Petinos. A newly renovated, traditional-style Mykonian gem, this charming property offers stripped-back interiors, a cute Greek restaurant, close proximity to Platis Yialos Beach and a balcony or terrace with adorable views in every pretty bedroom. So you can focus on sunbathing on the shores and sipping ouzo spritzers on spiraling stairways, and leave the rest in good hands.
In soothing sea blues and earthy tones, tranquil Standard Double rooms each have a private balcony or terrace overlooking the pretty gardens.
With dainty white tables and a menu of fresh Greek and Mediterranean dishes, the Blue Myth Restaurant spills out onto a pretty sea-view terrace. There are weekly nights of lively Greek music and dancing, with plenty of local wine available.
The Greek island of Mykonos is known for its great beaches, and Petinos Hotel is located just a short stroll from Platis Yialos Beach. This long stretch of golden sand is easily accessible from the hotel, giving you ample opportunities to work on that tan.You can also hop on boat rides from here to explore other beaches on the island. The other attractions that the town has to offer are just a short cab ride away, like the pretty Mykonos Old Town, where you can explore historic buildings and churches.
How to Get There
This is a four star hotel. And as a four star hotel, I give it a five star rating.
So- this hotel is a ways away from Mykonos town. I didn’t mind that at all. This hotel is next to a small beach and it’s not as wild and crazy as some other beaches in Mykonos. If you want to head to Mykonos town, the bus stop is right outside, which was cheap and super convenient! The awesome thing about this hotel you get pool access to the higher ranked hotel across the street! And by the way, you must order the French fries poolside. I don’t know what they do to it, but it’s the BEST French fries I’ve ever had in my life. And I’ve had French fries in five different continents!
About the hotel:
1. Super comfy beds with the most comfortable linens. You won’t want to get out of bed.
2. The air conditioning is really good (as I’m freezing! Good for the hubby, me I had to adjust the temp once he fell asleep ha ha)
3. It’s clean and it’s a pretty decent sized room.
4. We had our own little front patio with our own little chairs and a table. Above the patio hung grape vines with real grapes growing on then. It was so cute. And nearby fig trees present also.
5. Ok so the decor isn’t 2019. I’d say it’s a solid decor circa 2003? Maybe late 90’s even? But whatever it was still comfy.
6. The floors in the lobby are clean and very smooth. Be careful not to slip.
7. Morning breakfast came along with our reservation- I enjoyed it very much! It’s in the Blue Myth Restaurant connected to the hotel. Yummy, coffee to order, an orange juice machine that squeezes fresh orange juice for you. Yogurt bar was yummy and good selection for rest of breakfast. Best part of breakfast? Our host, Maria. She’s nice, very helpful with questions, and she adored our little son which, of course, made us love her.
8. Front desk ladies- one was ok, other looked kind of angry all of the time and wasn’t too nice. I don’t bother to remember names of people who have negative energy.
9. Mini-market locates right across the street so you can get essentials like bottled water, snacks, etc. Was really convenient.
I would definitely stay here again. The beach is a super short hop away from the hotel. Don’t need anything more than that!
If you are looking for those picture perfect, white-washed Mykonos photos...look no further! Petinos Hotel is both aesthetically pleasing and conveniently located. There is a great restaurant, Blue Myth, right downstairs that offers complimentary breakfast with your stay. Additionally, the hotel is a two minute walk to the beach which also offers several different bars, restaurants, and day beds. The hotel has reasonably priced transfer services that you can schedule to take you all over the island and a free shuttle from the airport. Highly recommend!
I booked this hotel for my family of 4 (with 2 little kids) ....Firstly , we had to wait for 1.5 hrs to be picked up from the ferry port by the hotel shuttle , secondly, we were traveling as s group with other friends and had reserved 5 rooms, to our surprise we were all scattered in 2 hotel buildings about 100 yards up & down the hill from each other and that too not next to each other, finally, the room that I was given was somewhere re down in the bottom fully covered on all sides by trees and with no views whatsoever. Moreover , the path to get to the room was risky for two little kids.
Very poor service overall. We had high expectations and were thoroughly disappointed by the hotel staff, the service & the rooms