Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curaçao
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Willemstad, Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curaçao is minutes from Curacao Sea Aquarium and Mambo Beach. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Jan Thiel Beach and Fort Beekenburg.
Make yourself at home in one of the 137 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 3 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle that operates within 4 km.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 2 bars/lounges or 2 beach bars. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
- Best beach on the island (sandy, no need for water shoes, free beach chairs) - worth going to other beaches for experience but for a family vacation with little kids, its the perfect beach
- Great AC and clean room
- Located near plenty of bars and restaurants (walking distance)
- Gave late check out (1pm) at no extra cost
- Ample car parking
- 2 pools, 4 restaurants and some palm tree beach shade
- Mini Fridge, Coffee Maker and Tea Kettle - easy to have breakfast in the room
- Free shared transfer to and from airport
- Free shuttle to grocery stores
- Free good wifi signal
- Limit of one towel per person per day even if they are wet and sandy
- No soap or shampoo in the rooms, not even a basic soap bar to wash hands
- Cleaning of rooms can be improved - even after a good tip - sandy floors, not changed bedding
- VERY loud on Fri, Sat and Sun with the Hemingway Bar live music even though we asked for a quiet room.
- No elevators in Ocean View Room blocks
- Ocean View room's door faces the parking lot which can be pretty loud as well
- Not enough umbrellas/palapas on the beach
- Even though we were told its a private beach, we saw that people from cruise ships were allowed to pay for chairs
- No door or curtain in the shower, we had to always mop up because water would spray outside of the opening - just keep it in mind!
TIP: I've heard there are power surges at the island. Instead of charging electronics via plugs, we brought external battery packs and used them for charging everything
Very nice resort, we enjoyed all of the restaurants. The resort is a bit dated, but overall nice. Not really much entertainment or night life, (except for a few particular nights) therefore well suited for business, older couples or families with small children who go to bed early . Would be nice if they also offered some type of activity schedule for yoga or pool aroebics, etc.
We are staying here now, we chose this resort as we are divers and there is a dive operation on site which is a positive. However there are a few things that could be improved to make this resort live up to its claimed 4 star status. Firstly, we chose a cabana which is convenient for the beach but it has a shared patio and the couple next to us are chain smokers. There is smoking everywhere at this resort so be warned if you don’t like smoke. Next, there is no soap or shampoo in the bathroom so you need to bring your own unless you’re ok with industrial grade soap dispensers like you find in an airport bathroom. Forget about getting somewhere to sit in the beach in the shade. People get up at the crack of dawn to claim all the spots with their towels and never sit there for hours! And towels are in limited supply - only one towel allowed a day! The room itself is ok, air conditioner is good but the bathroom is small and there is no door on the shower so if you’re not careful the floor gets wet. And finally- you need to make reservations to eat even at their most basic beach cafe called Hemingway- we were rudely turned away for dinner as we hadn’t booked. Who wants to book every night on holiday- isn’t the point of going away to not be tied to endless schedules?
We enjoyed both the beach and the pools at this resort. The rooms and grounds are clean and well kept. Staff is friendly and helpful. Located near mambo beach boulevard there is plenty of choices for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is offered at the hotel restaurant Hemingway’s.
We stayed here for one week to celebrate our 65th birthdays. We asked for a quiet ocean front room, received a beautiful suite with full kitchen and great balcony overlooking ocean. However right above the beach bar. Got loud one night, lucky I brought ear plugs. None at front desk. Also no soaps, conditioner, lotions...But it is gorgeous,clean, beautiful landscape with birds and ocean. We snorkeled around the small bay and went on some snorkel trips.. note that they allow smoking on beach. Yuck. They do have shuttle to town and grocery store. Taxis are expensive
So all that being said, we liked it! Nice staff, clean. Restaurants are so so. Cooked in our kitchen most nights. Mambo Blvd is a tourist trap in my opinion.