Baoase Luxury Resort
What We Love
- Imported Buddhas from Asia dot the property and lend a sense of calm
- Unique indoor-outdoor living spaces
- Asian-influenced French food prepared by a chef who worked at Michelin-starred restaurants
What To Know
- A resort fee is included in the rates
- Check-in doesn’t begin until 3
- There is no spa, but in-room wellness treatments are available
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Offering an Asian vibe in the Dutch Antilles, Baoase offers a welcome alternative from the standard Caribbean resort. The owners set out to bring back barefoot elegance and they succeeded—the fine dining restaurant is right on the beach, letting guests feast on gourmet fare and French wines with their toes in the sand. Many of the villas and suites have private pools, while the simplest rooms are just as lovely, with stone bathrooms (some of them outdoor) and silk bedding. There’s no spa, but a range of wellbeing services are offered in villas and suites or right on the beach.
In the Area
Baoase’s in-house tour guide takes guests on cruises and day trips to explore the main island and Klein Curacao (Little Curacao), on countryside tours to ostrich and aloe farms, secret caves, museums and art galleries, and to the historic inner city and harbor of Willemstad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Watersports include scuba diving (there’s an instructor on-site), jet skiing, deep sea fishing, surfing, and swimming with dolphins at the Dolphin Academy. The island is also home to two scenic and challenging golf courses, Old Quarry and Blue Bay.
How to Get There
Beautiful resort. Private and romantic. Honeymoon suite setup was great! Beach was amazing. Definitely recommend this resort. Staff was awesome. Food delicious! I can't say enough about this resort.
The only thing that surprised us a little was the amount of little lizards and iguanas at the restaurants when eating at the restaurant.
i would also recommend bringing the chargers because they only have the European plugs. I had to borrow from the resort.
The whole resort is clean and the beach is maintained so well. The beach butlers are on point and really take care of you.
I had heard about prices at the restaurant being high but we found that they were pretty good for a resort like this.
Everything about this resort was just amazing. I noticed a few families with young kids which I probably wouldn't take kids, because its a small resort and so romantic, its just not for kids. But that is a personal choice.
Wish that I could give 4 1/2 as opposed to 4. Below is the breakdown:
1. Room: Beachfront Pool Suite. Absolutely beautiful!! Has its own plunge pool and straight access to the lagoon. Super spacious, clean and very peaceful and harmonious. Love the outside shower, tub and outside leisure area.
2. Staff: They were accommodating, friendly and provided amazing service. We had some great conversations with quite a few of them. Special Kudos to Simeon, Aidee, Kadeesha, Marcus, Clyff and many others (apologize I don't remember all of the names).
3. Food: Spectacular!! Food and Drinks absolutely delicious. They were kind enough to accommodate my allergy and anything outside of the menu, they were more than happy to provide. Any and everything we tried was beyond superb. Kudos to the Chef and his team!! See separate TA Review for Baoase Restaurant.
4. Housekeeping: Our room was always kept clean. Times were a bit sporadic but it was no big deal. At night, turndown would leave little goodies on the pillow, bottles of water along with a quoted saying.
5. Spa: Very relaxing and lovely. Irma was amazing!! She set me straight onto the relaxation pathway as soon as I got there (LOL). However, I provided further comment below in Cons (suggestions).
6. Facility: 10 STARS!! A wonderful place of peace, relaxation, luxury. The Buddha statues all over the resort and in the rooms add to that harmonious atmosphere. It is not hard to let all the worries in the world go at Baoase.
1. Price point: very expensive. Don't get me wrong, it is worth the splurge, however, I believe a few more incentives to the guests would make the price point a little more bearable. For example, I think the following would be a great:
(a) consider providing shuttle service to the guests to Willemstad a few nights a week; (b) include round-trip transfers (or at least one way); (c) consider a pre-fixed menu for the guests of Baoase as the dinners can become quite expensive; (d) room service charge should be included in price point not an extra fee; (e) fitness classes should be included in price point not extra fee.
2. Spa: A few things: (a) Our first spa appointment started more than half hour late. I believe that they may have had a walk in but we had an appointment, so I wasn't to happy to start off like this. (b) My guy and I were not crazy about having to undress and dress in front of the masseuses. I would prefer to change in a separate room right next to the area or even for the masseuses to step out for a minute while we did that. (c) As I mentioned above, Irma was spectacular, however the other young lady was not as strong. I think as she obtains more experience, she will be better. I switched Irma to my guy for our second appointment so he could see the difference. (d) as we had a scrub/wrap that needed to be washed off, we didn't realize we would have to walk past some staff and guests to get to the showers (not crazy about that). (e) they never told us that we should put our shoes on to go to the showers. My feet are a bit sensitive now that I am getting older and it hurt to walk through gravel and trail to get to the shower and back. Also, the young lady never put the showers on for us or at least told us how to. I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get the water on. I kept messing with it until finally some water started to trickle down.
3. Dinner: My guy scheduled a special gazebo birthday dinner for me way before we left to Baoase - 6 course meal with wine pairing. Everything was confirmed and ready to go. When we were seated for the dinner that night, we were then told about how they no longer had the 6 course meal with wine pairing. It was only the three course or four course. I fought about it for a bit as it would have been nice to let us know that before we got there since we got confirmation of the original plan way ahead of time. Seemed as if it was like "oh well, we changed it - this is what it is". Not cool.
4. Iguanas: I know - this is their territory and we were perfectly fine with that. But they were quite vicious after awhile. They were crapping everywhere we needed to walk (e.g., near the plunge pool where we would walk in, on the dock/stairs to the lagoon where we needed to get in and out of the water). They were two who even got into blows at one point. On one occasion, we had to contact housekeeping to clean up some of the mess because then we would not be able to fully enjoy our outside area. It became a little disappointing after awhile.
Overall, the vacation and birthday was perfect!! Would I go back to Baoase - absolutely!! However, it would only be if the price point was lower, maybe having a discounted special or if some of the incentives that I listed above would be included.
Either way - I recommend highly if you have it to spend!!
A Curaçaon Paradise! We loved every second of our ten days stay. The accommodation is exceptional, as is the attitude, friendliness and professionalism of the whole Baoase Team.
We are grateful to everyone from the Management, Welcome Team, Front of House Team, Security, Gardners, Cleaners, & Maintenance Staff, to the Bar Staff, Beach Butlers, Restaurant & Kitchen Staff.
The relaxed and happy atmosphere of the Resort is something we’ll both remember and treasure forever. Nothing was too much trouble and you all helped give us the holiday of a lifetime. We truly appreciate that we were upgraded, the Beach Front Suite was absolutely perfect for us, thank you.
The Restaurant is superb. Every meal is outstanding. Very well done! We also say thank you to the Bar Staff for the many cocktail creations. Excellent work!
We had the pleasure of meeting the creator and owner of the Resort, it’s a truly amazing place he has created!
If someone is looking for a relaxing holiday in a Luxury Resort, look no further! Baoase ! Dushi !