Hotel Rio Celeste Hideaway
What We Love
- Plush canopy beds and flat-screen TVs
- Showering alfresco surrounded by tropical plants while breathing the fresh air of the Costa Rican highlands
- Private balconies overhanging the rain forest
- The spectacle of the aquamarine Rio Celeste running past the property
- Spacious luxury bungalows with bright, chic decor
- The hideaway has two handicap-accessible suites
- Free WiFi
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Costa Rica vacation
What To Know
- A 13 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- The hotel is at the end of a two-mile dirt road (four-wheel-drive cars are recommended in the rain)
- The spa is not full service; at this time, treatments are offered in the spa pavilion
- This out-of-the-way retreat is far from restaurants, shopping and other amenities
- If it rains, the stunning blue of the Rio Celeste quickly turns to a muddy brown
- There are nature tours that leave from the Hideaway, but many are pricey and better accessed from tourist destinations farther south
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Hotel Rio Celeste Hideaway in Rio Celeste, you’ll be on a river and convenient to Rio Celeste Waterfall. This 4-star resort is within the region of Miravalles Volcano.
Make yourself at home in one of the 26 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your Select Comfort bed comes with down comforters. Rooms have private balconies. 23-inch plasma televisions with DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 spa tubs, a lazy river, and bicycles to rent. This Art Deco resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Satisfy your appetite at the resort’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a computer station, express check-in, and express check-out. A shuttle from the hotel to the airport is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Definitely the best surprise in our one month road trip through Costa Rica! The room was wonderful and spotless, the food was delicious and reasonably priced, the property was very well kept, the couple's massage was dreamy, and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. This place is a 10 out of 10!
We (me, hubby, teenage son and daughter) decided to do a spur of the moment trip from Playa Hermosa to Rio Celeste. Our overnight stay at Rio Celeste Hideaway was so much more than we expected. We were greeted with smiling faces and received excellent service at the pool, in the restaurant for dinner and at the breakfast buffet. We walked the trail to the river and played in the water. We were the only people there for a good two hours! The main building, rooms and grounds are beautiful and peaceful. It was a perfect family experience: exploring the forest, fun in the river, family games in the game room, relaxing by the pool and wonderful meals...if only we could have stayed longer. We will definitely be back and will share our wonderful experience with others! Pura Vida!
The hotel is what I call “jungle meets style”. It’s modern without loosing its natural forest atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and the fact that it has access to río Celeste makes it a unique experience. The thing my children enjoy the most was the game room (Pool table, card/board games) they would go there every morning after breakfast. I didn’t see anybody at the bar ever!! Maybe use that space to make the game room bigger?
I had a massage with Juan Carlos and it was outstanding. The actual spa is just a room with two beds but I was told they are planning to expand it. We would for sure go back next time we visit Costa Rica. Money well spent!!