Casa Chameleon Hotel Las Catalinas- Adults Only
What We Love
- Paradise above the Pacific – a villa with a private plunge pool at a new, adults-only hideawaySoaking in your private plunge pool, then heading inside for an in-villa spa service or yoga class
- Dining on activated nuts, Buddha bowls and fresh fish at the panoramic sea-view restaurant
- Choosing your own outdoor adventure, from swimming to surfing to biking on the miles of trails
- Gazing at the Guanacaste Coast, which this adults-only luxury getaway overlooks
What To Know
- All 21 villas have private salt water infinity plunge pools; there's also a zero-edge infinity pool with a bar
- Through the hotel you can arrange zip lining, hiking, paddling, diving, fishing, surfing, SUP, and yoga excursions/classes
- The hotel has an admirable approach to sustainability; an array of artisanal products support local producers, check-in is paperless, all laundry products are 100% biodegradable, etc.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Casa Chameleon Hotel Las Catalinas- Adults Only in Las Catalinas, you’ll be near the beach and convenient to Penca Beach. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of Flamingo Beach and Playa Brasilito.
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring private plunge pools. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and minibars, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with onsite massages and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Casa Chameleon is a real gem in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The villas and views are outstanding. The food and drink are both very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, while the service is good, it can be frustratingly slow, especially when outside parties suddenly arrive for private events that occur in the common areas. The sunsets are spectacular. While pricey, if you want seclusion, tranquility, luxury and great views, Casa Chameleon is a great option on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica
We had 2 issues that kept us from giving Casa Chameleon a 5 rating. The first concern goes with the territory--Casa Chameleon is remote and the roads to the property are narrow so it takes more time than expected to get anywhere--the airport, nearby beach towns, national parks. Obviously, this is something you have to deal with in much of Costa Rica and the folks at Casa Chameleon do their best to help you deal with it. The second is a more troubling issue. On multiple days during our stay, the property was rented out to private parties that were given the run of the place. Unbelievably, on those days the guests who were paying in the neighborhood of $1000 per day to stay at Casa Chameleon were relegated to second class status. One afternoon all hotel guests were ordered out of the pool area at 3:00 and were barred from the prime areas of the grounds while private parties had the run of the grounds. Another evening, the hotel's guests were barred from the best areas of the main building to view the evening sunset (which is a highlight of each day at Casa Chameleon). It was extraordinarily disappointing that on multiple days while we were paying a significant daily rate, we were suddenly and unceremoniously asked to leave the resort's common areas so that drunken outsiders could take over the grounds. This occurred on consecutive evenings with no notice and no offers to make it up to the paying resort guests with alternate accommodations for when the hordes arrived. This really put a damper on what was otherwise a wonderful experience. If you plan to book the Casa Chameleon, I would check whether outside groups will take over the grounds and, if so, avoid any such dates.
The sunsets you will see here are unbelievable. We came early enjoyed a cocktail and an appetizer while we watched the sunset in a beautiful setting. We later had a wonderful dinner in a fantastic atmosphere while listening to live saxophone music. The dinner was delicious, service very good - will defiantly be back!
Casa Chameleon is one of those feel good properties..staff genuinely friendly and helpful; wonderful food at Sentido Norte and all round amazing views of the ocean and surroundings. Great to do some excursions in the morning and relax in the afternoon. Its secluded but gives you privacy and calm environment. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.
If i had to give some constructive criticism it would be to provide some ‘basics’ with the a la carte breakfast (some fruit or pastry and more than one juice).
We stayed there for 5 nights and loved it. We stayed in a similar hotel in Nicaragua called Agua Wellness.
- Beautiful setting and outstanding views
- Rooms are out of this world. Everything is perfect.
- Paula, Christopher and Franklin are wonderful people. They really made our stay and made us feel like family. Thank you so much!
- it’s luxury without being pretentious
- not enough shadow around the site
- I would not recommend the restaurant: the food is too expensive for what you get (I mean 17$ for pasta). No veggie option.
- not a lot to do around
- They could offer daily yoga- not enough daily activities. No spa onsite (massage can be done in the room)
We had a wonderful week at this hotel. We had a sunset villa with an amazing view of the ocean and sunsets. The room was really lovely. The glass doors onto our private patio were the full-length of the bedroom and opened up fully which we loved. The bedroom and patio had everything you could want, very comfortable furniture and a lovely infinity plunge pool.
The staff were absolutely charming. We were really well looked after by Andreas, Edgar, Erik, Franklin and others, plus Tony and the other reception staff. We really felt that nothing was too much trouble for them and they wanted to do all they could to make sure we had a lovely time. The food was delicious plus great cocktails!!
We were very sad to leave and will definitely return.