Tabacón Thermal Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Tabacon’s pièce de résistance: natural thermal springs that wend their way through the gardens
- Mud wraps and top-notch massages at the Grand Spa (for an extra fee), reachable via a footbridge that crisscrosses the springs
- Even the swimming pools are naturally heated by the hot springs, which means sitting at the swim-up bar in hot tub–temperature water
- Looming views of the Arenal Volcano, one of the most active in the world, from your guestroom
- Tabacon caters to all sorts: families, honeymooners, tour groups, singles
- An all-ages water slide into the main pool, which is a short swim from the Arenal Wet Bar
What To Know
- The hot springs are a decent walk (down a hill and a series of steps) from Tabacon’s guestrooms, but a free shuttle is available
- Nonguests can purchase day passes to the springs, so that area can get packed in the afternoons; day-passers must leave by 6 p.m.
- Guests are required to wear a wristband, handed out at check-in, for the entirety of their stay
- The roads coming from the west toward Tabacon curve around the mountains and narrow for certain bridges and crossings
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort in La Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs), you’ll be convenient to Arenal Natura Ecological Park and Baldi Hot Springs. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Ecotermales Fortuna and Ecoglide Arenal Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 103 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find hot springs, an outdoor pool, and a waterslide. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a swim-up bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a computer station, and express check-out. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was the most amazing vacation we have ever had! The food, staff and the resort were amazing! You can’t miss vacationing here.
The hot springs are a fantastic way to spend the day (or evening) in complete relaxation.
Great romantic trip with the husband. I recommend the private dining in the bungalow for extra romance. Private couples massage was very relaxing. Hot springs are a great way to relax but beware the hot stones and ruin your bathing suit bottoms.
I was the third time in the Tabacon Hot Springs and I still love it! First time in the hotel and it is another world. Of course expensive and a bit stiff, but worth the money!
Entrance to the hot springs is included which makes it attractive!
Stayed for 3 nights in February, 2019 and was a nice resort. Staff very friendly and large room. The view from our room was no good but didn’t spend much time in room. It was wife’s birthday and they made the room up special that night. Good touch. Thermal springs were fun but couldn’t spend all day there. The best event was the private dinner in the outdoor bungalow. That was excellent. Waterfall near by was excellent day trip but lots of stairs. Steakhouse a couple miles down the road had cowboy cut ribeye for $$. Good deal.
I do not often book luxury hotels but I recommend everyone to go to the Tabacon Resort, it is beautiful, like a paradise, you can relax and it is not overcrowded. I would stay more than one night, so you have enough time to enjoy the resort and you have also access to the area only for hotel guests.