Tabacón Thermal Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Tabacon’s pièce de résistance: natural thermal springs that wend their way through the gardens
- Mud wraps and top-notch massages at the Grand Spa (for an extra fee), reachable via a footbridge that crisscrosses the springs
- Even the swimming pools are naturally heated by the hot springs, which means sitting at the swim-up bar in hot tub–temperature water
- Looming views of the Arenal Volcano, one of the most active in the world, from your guestroom
- Tabacon caters to all sorts: families, honeymooners, tour groups, singles
- An all-ages water slide into the main pool, which is a short swim from the Arenal Wet Bar
What To Know
- The hot springs are a decent walk (down a hill and a series of steps) from Tabacon’s guestrooms, but a free shuttle is available
- Nonguests can purchase day passes to the springs, so that area can get packed in the afternoons; day-passers must leave by 6 p.m.
- Guests are required to wear a wristband, handed out at check-in, for the entirety of their stay
- The roads coming from the west toward Tabacon curve around the mountains and narrow for certain bridges and crossings
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort in La Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs), you’ll be convenient to Arenal Natura Ecological Park and Baldi Hot Springs. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Ecotermales Fortuna and Ecoglide Arenal Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 103 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find hot springs, an outdoor pool, and a waterslide. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a swim-up bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a computer station, and express check-out. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
A beautiful venue. Lots of different pools. Some with waterfalls. A range of temperatures from 38c which was very hot to just warm.
We spent a couple of hours here as part of a coach party trip to the area. We would like to have stayed longer.
We had a delicious lunch.
Staff mainly friendly and efficient. However the pool barman was very slow to serve. It wasn’t busy for him at all but he preferred to keep us waiting whilst he moved things around the bar. Really bad attitude so no tip for him.
I wore sea shoes in the pools which was a good idea as they were a bit uneven.
If you visit and want a bar tab in the pool sort it out with a credit card before you get changed. Cash can be used but it’s not a good idea.
Would highly recommend.
One of the best mornings I’ve ever spent. You Have to see it and experience it first hand to understand. Even though it was raining it was still fantastic and the weather even added to the atmosphere. We also had lunch which was excellent value for money and delicious.
This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Five star service. Great atmosphere, service and restaurants. Hot springs were amazing. Scenery was beautiful. I will go back!!There is much to do in the area. It is quite rainy in this area though but it didn't hinder our enjoyment. It is best to get up early bc sun in the morning and rain in afternoon.
This family visit is one that we'll remember for a long time. The hotel staff was very kind, facility is beautifull, our room had a modern style and accommodations were very confortable. Everything was sorrounded by nature, there is green everywhere you look.
The hot springs is something that can hardly be described due its beauty. There are multiple springs as you walk a path among nature. Every spring pool had a different style to it thus making it really interesting to walk and have a taste of each. I can trully say this was one place that took my breath away during my C Rica vacation. Perfect for any setting from honeymoon to adventure vacation.... highly suggest.
We went here as part of a big full day trip, it was the best part! The hot springs are 38c and so beautiful & relaxing! Koi fish hidden away, cocktails in the pool Wish we had stayed longer! lovley place.