Tabacón Thermal Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Tabacon’s pièce de résistance: natural thermal springs that wend their way through the gardens
- Mud wraps and top-notch massages at the Grand Spa (for an extra fee), reachable via a footbridge that crisscrosses the springs
- Even the swimming pools are naturally heated by the hot springs, which means sitting at the swim-up bar in hot tub–temperature water
- Looming views of the Arenal Volcano, one of the most active in the world, from your guestroom
- Tabacon caters to all sorts: families, honeymooners, tour groups, singles
- An all-ages water slide into the main pool, which is a short swim from the Arenal Wet Bar
What To Know
- The hot springs are a decent walk (down a hill and a series of steps) from Tabacon’s guestrooms, but a free shuttle is available
- Nonguests can purchase day passes to the springs, so that area can get packed in the afternoons; day-passers must leave by 6 p.m.
- Guests are required to wear a wristband, handed out at check-in, for the entirety of their stay
- The roads coming from the west toward Tabacon curve around the mountains and narrow for certain bridges and crossings
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort in La Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs), you’ll be convenient to Arenal Natura Ecological Park and Baldi Hot Springs. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Ecotermales Fortuna and Ecoglide Arenal Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 103 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find hot springs, an outdoor pool, and a waterslide. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a swim-up bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a computer station, and express check-out. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Amazing time the staff were so friendly the area itself is beautiful and the spa was amazing and also the food everyone was going out of there way to help you the hotel had everything to suit your needs!
We enjoyed these thermals after a long day of hiking. The grounds were amazing and breathtaking. I only wish we had more time and could’ve seen them in the daylight. They made us feel as though we were floating in a Japanese garden. The pictures don’t do it justice. We enjoyed the buffet dinner. The food was good. Nothing overly amazing, but tasteful and clean.
We were given lockers to keep our things safe while we enjoyed the thermals.
We love the resort. We are locals. we know a lot of places to go, hidden or not. And I believe luxury is really about services. Really! getting all you what you need at whatever time. with always a smile and a welcome is just great. We love the grounds of Tabacon Resort.
The pkace is manicured. So wonderful so precious with natural pools and tropical gardens. Animals. So thanks a lot to all the staff!! We really have a great time each chances we got to go there.
Galban family room 433.