Tabacón Thermal Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Tabacon’s pièce de résistance: natural thermal springs that wend their way through the gardens
- Mud wraps and top-notch massages at the Grand Spa (for an extra fee), reachable via a footbridge that crisscrosses the springs
- Even the swimming pools are naturally heated by the hot springs, which means sitting at the swim-up bar in hot tub–temperature water
- Looming views of the Arenal Volcano, one of the most active in the world, from your guestroom
- Tabacon caters to all sorts: families, honeymooners, tour groups, singles
- An all-ages water slide into the main pool, which is a short swim from the Arenal Wet Bar
What To Know
- The hot springs are a decent walk (down a hill and a series of steps) from Tabacon’s guestrooms, but a free shuttle is available
- Nonguests can purchase day passes to the springs, so that area can get packed in the afternoons; day-passers must leave by 6 p.m.
- Guests are required to wear a wristband, handed out at check-in, for the entirety of their stay
- The roads coming from the west toward Tabacon curve around the mountains and narrow for certain bridges and crossings
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort in La Fortuna (Arenal Hot Springs), you’ll be convenient to Arenal Natura Ecological Park and Baldi Hot Springs. This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Ecotermales Fortuna and Ecoglide Arenal Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 103 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find hot springs, an outdoor pool, and a waterslide. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a swim-up bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a computer station, and express check-out. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This resort is top notch. From the staff, to food, service and overall property and rooming ambience, it is the best! We especially were impressed with the tour service, Jacamar, on site, that was very professional and helpful. We will return again. What a wonderful country and people!
Our stay at Tabacon was remarkable. Simply 5-stars. Amazing service. Very professional. Very welcoming. Absolutely gorgeous. Every nuke and cranny are spotless. The staff is cleaning the facility 24/7. We will defiantly be coming back to this hotel. This was our favorite part of Costa Rica. The hospitality, kind personnel, quality of facilities and food was good. Mac Vargas Vargas; our waiter made us feel like family. Mac went above and beyond every morning to make our dining experience amazing. He should be promoted seriously, no other waiter we came across in Costa Rica held a flame to him. Walter in the front was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the lobby was so helpful and very professional. Carlos, Gabriel, Katherine really helped to make our stay even more enjoyable. The Hot springs location is very relaxing and enjoyable. I had the best massage; I have ever had in my life. I highly recommended the Tabacon for a family trip.
We had an excellent time here. The staff are attentive, the grounds are beautiful and the springs are just fantastic. Great place for couples but even with friends it was fantastic. The only comment I'd have is that the food isn't super impressive. It's not bad, just not quite as good as we were hoping for the price and the ambiance. That being said, I'd still go back here in a heartbeat.