Gran Melia Don Pepe
What We Love
- Laid-back lunch in the beachside Cappuccino restaurant
- RedLevel rooms include access to the lounge for breakfast, drinks, canapés and butler service
- Shopping in exclusive stores in Puerto Banús, then sitting at a café to watch the celebrity crowd drift by
- Snorkeling, water-skiing and other water activities, from the beach
- Lounging atop a vast, canopied poolside Bali daybed
What To Know
- Calima, the hotel’s two-Michelin-starred restaurant, tends to be fully booked, especially on weekends; make a reservation when you book your room
- You might find the poolside Bali beds a bit expensive (about $140 per day) — if so, pick a lawn sun lounger or head for the beach
- WiFi is free
- If you’re renting a car for the transfer, parking is available on-site for a cost of $15 per day
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Gran Melia Don Pepe places you in the heart of Marbella, convenient to Fontanilla Beach and Marbella Marina. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Venus Beach and Plaza de los Naranjos.
Make yourself at home in one of the 194 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities at this Mediterranean hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a beach bar or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Marbella? This hotel has facilities measuring 18406 square feet (1710 square meters), including meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was our first stay at the Don Pepe having stayed at most of the other 5 star hotels in the Costa Del Sol. It is quite an old hotel which they have tried to modernise which gives for a rather confusing decor. In some parts it has a modern vibe and in other parts there are vases upon vases of plastic plants which are awful, especially around the reception area. Here are the pros and cons of staying here:-
- great location on the beach with lots of places to walk out to;
- in general the service was very good;
- the red level is definitely worth paying extra for with snacks and drinks (soft and alcoholic) available all day 9am to 9pm;
- plenty of sunbeds around the pool with ocean views of the beach and sea;
- the toiletries in the bathroom were Clarins;
- there is a coffee machine in the room but you can ask for a kettle if you want tea
- We have stayed at a lot of Melias and we always get help with our luggage and welcome drinks but there was nothing here (it may be because we arrived late but there were still plenty of staff and the bar was open);
- the rooms are tiny even the sea view red level rooms. The bathroom is also so small they have to put the towel rack in the toilet;
- You have to pay extra for car parking although you do get a 30% discount for staying in the hotel;
- the hot food served at breakfast in the red level is cold because there are small pots kept under some not very hot lights. If you want hot food I would advise going to the main restaurant or ordering some fresh eggs from the red level menu
We had quite high expectations of the Don Pepe which the hotel didn't live up to. It is a nice hotel but there isn't anything special about it. We wouldn't stay again given the other hotels available in the area for a similar price (e.g. Villa Padierna).
Only 8 hrs into our visit here we feel compelled to give this establishment a 5 star excellent rating. Being well travelled and with high expectations this hotel and more so the enthusiastic and professional staff have already met and gone beyond our expectations. The hotel is lovely, relaxing, well appointed and appears very well run. Facilities are as to be expected for a 5 star hotel. Red level service and facilities are excellent. Room, restaurants and general areas are all fabulous. Guest services are quick and responsive - exactly as you would expect. Location is excellent and outlook directly onto the pool and beach is beautiful. As well as all this, in my opinion what really differentiates any 5* establishment is the service....or the people working there - and they have been exemplary. We have come here to escape our very hectic UK schedules for a few days and to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We let Abel and his team know this and they appear to have gone to some lengths to ensure that we have a very comfortable and memorable stay here having already provided a number of well received ‘ special touches’ that really do make all the difference. This hotel group is fast becoming our ‘go to’ facility for a luxury break and based on our current experience so far, is highly recommended.
A few days away for us to relax. Couldn't have wished for more. Lovely room overlooking the Mediterranean, excellent products in the bathroom and a cosy bed. Right on the beach with a lovely walk to the old town.
Great breakfast. The ladies in the bar were wonderful, a lovely end to each evening.
The only negative was no coffee in the room and sporadic service around the pool (accept that it was not high season). Saying that the pool staff were lovely.