What We Love
- Within walking distance of Telluride’s top attractions
- Incredibly pet-friendly attitude — think custom beds and gourmet biscuits
- A topnotch wine list and modern American fare at Cosmopolitan restaurant
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- Ski season starts around Thanksgiving and wraps up in early April; late May to early October is golf season
- Hotel closes during off-season months, from mid-October to late November and from the beginning of April until Memorial Day
- At 8,750 feet (more than a mile and a half up) Telluride’s altitude is no joke; drink plenty of water and limit alcohol consumption until you adjust
- Valet parking is available for an additional $20 per night
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Modern, French chateau. Originally built in 1994, the hotel underwent a renovation in 2008, and expansive windows showcase stunning views of Telluride Ski Mountain and the San Miguel River. The hotel sits directly across the street from the main ski resort gondola, which provides direct access to skiing, hiking and biking. Telluride’s historic Main Street corridor, which features fine dining and entertainment options, is less than two blocks away.
Bed & Bath
Guestrooms are designed to maximize space and have a soothing light color scheme of cream, pearl, crisp white and pale beige. Ultracomfy pillow-top mattresses, soft cotton linens, overstuffed pillows and fluffy, white goosedown duvets ensure a quality night’s sleep. Most rooms have gas fireplaces, kitchenettes and/or balconies overlooking the San Juan Mountains. All have large bathrooms with heated travertine floors and rainfall showerheads.
Rocky Mountain hospitality and personalized service are trademarks here, and the staff sets up a range of outdoor adventures, from fly-fishing and whitewater rafting to alpine skiing and quiet snowshoeing. Fuel up for your adventures at Cosmopolitan, Telluride’s favorite foodie haunt. The restaurant serves seasonal fare with French, Southwestern and Thai flavor and features an award-winning wine list.
In the Area
Originally a true Wild West mining boom town, Telluride is a classic Colorado mountain destination that pays homage to its pioneer roots. The atmosphere is energetic, and the box canyon location is picture perfect. Once home to brothels and saloons, the well-preserved Victorian buildings today house lively watering holes with traditional pressed tin ceilings. Throw back a beer or four at craft brew heaven Smugglers Brewpub & Grille, and then get down to the live bands playing at Fly Me to the Moon Saloon. In summer, play a round amid the breathtaking views at the Telluride Golf Club or hike to the impressive Bridal Veil waterfall. In winter, treat yourself to Pete Wagner skis, which are custom designed and built in his solar- and wind-powered factory. Test them out on the slopes at the Telluride Ski Resort.
How to Get There
I stayed five nights in hotel mi columbia from 18th of august. Room isn,t so big but pretty clean. I realy enjoyed staying here and had a great time with staff.
Claudia is awsome. She realy took care of me well.
Thanks for everything!
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and agree that you can not beat the location of this hotel. The staff are super friendly however we had 2 issues during our stay that would make us reconsider staying at the hotel again.
1. Parking lot: Be aware that the parking lot is very small therefore your car will be moved around a lot to accomodate the other guests. There is also a lot of foot traffic in this area. Unfortunately, after parking in this lot for 3 days we have multiple deep scratches on the passenger side that we can only assume is from all the people walking by with bags and luggage. This is super annoying and will be very pricey for us to fix.
2. Dog friendly hotel: I am huge dog lover and think it is great that the hotel is dog friendly. Unfortunately our neighbors had 3 small dogs that barked incessantly morning and night during our stay. Needless to say we got very little sleep during this trip.
Small, boutique hotel excels in service. Kate and her crew were excellent. Stayed there during the shoulder season, but that did not matter for the level of excellent service they provided. This is a definite repeat hotel.