The Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
What We Love
- Waking up within a snowball’s throw of two gondolas
- Hot tubs and heated outdoor pools with mountain views are warm and steamy even in the snow
- On-site restaurant Artisan is one of the best in town
- Ray, the amazingly friendly concierge who also gives great advice on which runs to ride
- High quality wood furnishings and rich hued bedspreads plus giant HD TVs in rooms
- Flat-screen TVs and iPhone docking stations
What To Know
- Snowmass Village is about 15 minutes drive from Aspen
- Lift tickets for Aspen Snowmass can be used at any of the resort’s four mountains
- Parking in Snowmass is by permit only; purchase a permit from reception at check-in for $30
- You can ski home easily, just be sure not to slide all the way to the bottom of the resort or you’ll be walking home uphill
- Snowmass sits at 8,200-ft, so drink plenty of water and know the signs of altitude sickness
- This property dates to the late 1960s, although décor has been updated, rooms are smallish and it isn’t the swankiest hotel in Aspen or Snowmass
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Snowmass Village, The Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel is in the mountains and minutes from Snowmass Ski Area and Snowmass Ice Age Discovery Center. This ski hotel is within close proximity of Anderson Ranch Arts Center and Snowmass Club.
Make yourself at home in one of the 92 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and DVD players. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Spend the day on the slopes, or enjoy recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and ski storage. Guests can catch a ride on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 10.00 mi.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar and a pool view. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Snowmass Village? This hotel has 2303 square feet (214 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours.
How to Get There
Stonebridge is an excellent hotel to stay in, during the off season. The rates were very attractive and competitive. The staff was friendly. Very smooth check-in. The room was large and well equipped. Breakfast was good
The hotel is very comfortable. It has a mountain lodge feel, great spacious rooms with a great view (if you asked for one) and very clean. The restaurant in the hotel is very good and the staff at the restaurant is laid back and friendly. The "bad" experience we had was after check out. After we were already 2 hours on the road, my wife noticed she left her rings in the room. We called the hotel immediately and let them know exactly where we left the rings in the room. The housekeeping staff went to look for the rings and called us back an hour later and said they did not find any. I know at this point a lot of people think that my wife just misplaced the rings and we have them. They were very valuable rings and we looked EVERYWHERE in our luggage and car and they are nowhere to be found. When we went back and looked at our holiday pictures we actually see that they were left in the hotel. We called the hotel several more times during our trip through Colorado hoping that someone said they found them....they never did. As we know for a fact the rings were left in the room, we felt "betrayed" that whoever found them did not have the decency to turn them in and mail them back to us. It was a sad experience for an otherwise great stay at a great place.
The hotel has a nice look on the outside and in the lobby, rooms are very dated. Service is decent. Not really the experience I expected, reservation was messed up when we got there, we spent the night in a lesser value room and were poorly compensated.