What We Love
- Original architectural elements — like glass doorknobs and elaborate crown moldings — were preserved when the guestrooms were renovated in 2011
- Huge windows open to let in the crisp, clean mountain air
- Free WiFi
- A herd of elk often grazes on the golf course–size front lawn
- Just minutes from the east entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park
What To Know
- This is a historic hotel, so the floors creak and each room is unique
- Rooms on the third and fourth floors have the best mountain views
- There’s no air conditioning, but the nights are cool and most rooms have ceiling fans
- Estes Park's elevation is 7,522; drink lots of water and wear sunscreen (even in winter)
- The pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, you’ll be in the historical district and minutes from Reel Mountain Theater and Stanley Village. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Aspen and Evergreen Gallery and Barlow Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 140 guestrooms. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as complimentary weekday newspapers and ceiling fans.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Estes Park? This hotel has 14000 square feet (1301 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We really enjoyed our visit here. We did a self guided tour. Had drinks at the fabulous historical bar. Dinner was outside on the terrace. There was a lovely gas fire built into each table. Service was great and the food was excellent. We had salads, steak and chicken entrees. We celebrated our 12th anniversary that night. Well worth the visit. Very relaxing evening. No sightings of Jack Nicholson though. Lol
We decided to take a drive on a beautiful fall day. The building sits perched on the hill looking down. It is quite a large property. We ate lunch and walked around. It has a lovely restaurant and gift shop. The place is steeped in history and is a fun thing to do.
Great place for a quick look around or to stay
Check out the cool bar and the gift shop was nice
Parking is well organized. Famous for the Shining movie. Also Dumb and Dumber
“Hey- we landed on the moon!”