Mountain Thunder Lodge
What We Love
- Walk to everything in town
- Ski in/ gondola out: Take the gondola to the ski area in the morning, and at the end of the day ski all the way back to the hotel via the Skyway Skiway
- Townhouses also have steam showers
- Use of the facilities at sister hotel One Ski Hill Place at the Peak 8 base, including après-ski bar, restaurant, swimming pool, billiards and even a bowling alley
- Free heated underground parking
- Breckenridge's well-preserved Victorian architecture
What To Know
- A $25 per night resort fee will be charged by Jetsetter upon checkout
- No restaurant on-site, not even for breakfast
- No spa or ski valet
- With very high, exposed ridgeline terrain, Breckenridge is one of the coldest and windiest ski mountains in Colorado (locals call it “Breckenfridge”)
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Mountain Thunder Lodge in Breckenridge, you’ll be near ski lifts and minutes from Edwin Carter Museum and Barney Ford House Museum. This ski condominium resort is within close proximity of Riverwalk Center and Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 72 guestrooms, featuring fireplaces. Rooms have private patios. Kitchens are outfitted with refrigerators and microwaves. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and DVD players are provided for your entertainment.
After a day on the slopes, enjoy recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a spa tub. This condominium resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and ski storage. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Event facilities at this condominium resort consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The Mountain Thunder Lodge is perfect! There's an underground tunnel right outside to easily get to downtown Breckenridge and the gondola up the mountain. The fully equipped kitchens are perfect for making your own meals.
We stayed one night at this lodge while visiting Breckenridge. Location-wise, it is okay, just 5-6 mins walking to downtown Main Street, there is also tunnel across the north park avenue, but not easy to find, please ask hotel staff for direction.
The cons: As to the maintence of the room, it has a few to improve, the bathroom toliet can be very noise and even stoped working, which we had to call for service. The clock alarm suddenly went off in the middle of night, we had to unplug. The carpet is too dirty with stains here and there.
The pros: the room we stayed has Murphy bed, when lifted, allows more space in the room. And the sofa can be extended to a queen size bed, it can accommodate more guests in the room. And the kitchen is very useful with cooking utensil set, very convenient.
I prepaid $800 for my reservation at this hotel. Upon arrival I was told my room would not be available due to a burst pipe. I asked for a refund which I was told they would give me. They refunded my credit card $6.00! Now, no one will take or return my calls regarding this. I highly recommend not booking here!!