Basecamp Hotel Boulder, an Ascend Collection Hotel
What We Love
- A newly renovated boutique hotel in downtown Boulder, minutes from Pearl StreetWalking over to the Boulder Creek trail for a gentle hike through the forest
- Discovering new bars, restaurants and cafés along Pearl Street
- Taking in Basecamp’s fresh, contemporary style at its coffee bar and lounge
What To Know
- There's a hot tub, ping pong table and rock climbing wall
- The hotel puts out fresh cookies each evening
- Rooms don't have a great view – you'll likely be looking out over the parking lot
Get bold in Boulder. Basecamp Hotel Boulder, an Ascend Collection Hotel puts its fresh, offbeat signature touch on the rustic styles of the Centennial State, with everything from leather butterfly chairs to flickering hurricane lanterns. Room décor includes transistor-esque radios and canvas drop cloths, screen-printed with a local map, while walls of unfinished wood, sprinkled with rock-climbing holds, make the communal lounge feel more like a mountain lodge. In case it didn’t already, that is, considering the city’s high-elevation location (5,430 feet above sea level).
Speaking of location, Basecamp’s own address is fantastic, just a few blocks from the Boulder Creek trail and from the flagship University of Colorado campus. You’ll be able to follow eight miles of gently sloping paths through the forest, when feeling outdoorsy, or cheer on the Buffs at Folsom Field during football season. Head up to Pearl Street to pop into breweries, cafés, restaurants and bars, unless you prefer to stay in. Basecamp’s amenities are as smart as its looks, from a dry sauna to a well-equipped fitness center to a slick coffee bar.
Your room is rustic, with a fresh, modern twist. Expect touches like a screenprinted Boulder map on a canvas dropcloth, plus wooden furnishings, like a writing desk and night table.You’ll have a choice between one king or two queen beds.
Amenities- Reduced-waste spa bath amenities- Coffeemaker and gourmet coffee?- Hair dryer- Iron and full-size ironing board- 32-in. flat-panel LCD TV/computer monitor- Dual-line speakerphone
Whether you’re in Boulder to hike, cross-country ski or shop till you drop, Basecamp puts you right in the thick of things. The Boulder Creek trail winds through the neighborhood, with an entrance just a few blocks away from the hotel’s front door, and the Betasso Preserve Trailhead is a 15-minute drive. Outdoor-activity outfitters, plus galleries and bookstores, reside up on Pearl Street Mall, alongside restaurants and bars. There are bicycles available through the staff, to help you get around more efficiently.
How to Get There
The common areas were stylish and fun. The neighborhood was nice and conveniently located. However, the room was depressing. It is hard to mask the fact that this is a motel - complete with smelly carpet, low ceilings, tiny bathrooms and nothing but views of the parking lot.
We spent a week at Basecamp. EVERY member of the staff was cheerful, energetic, and extremely helpful. For our hiking adventures and walks to Pearl Street Mall, the location was great. When we return to Boulder, we will be sure to stay at Basecamp again.
Looks like a renovated Motel, rooms are small, bathroom 4x5 ft mold in shower. Location to Pearl St. a good 30 min. walk. No in room Fridge, but they do have a cooler for ice, however the ice machine does not work. No USB ports in room. Carpet needed cleaned.
1) Noisy. No way to escape noise waking you up at night. If it's too hot/cold to keep the window open overnight, the window mounted A/C units are VERY loud. It was hot when we were there, so we had to use the AC. We (two New Yorkers who are used to sleeping with noise, including window AC units) didn't sleep well because of the noise. We tried different settings: the
This was my favorite place we stayed while in Colorado! It’s a great location, the rooms where awesome and the staff was super friendly. This was our first time in Boulder and I’m so glad we chose to stay at Basecamp!