The St. Regis Aspen Resort
What We Love
- An outdoor heated swimming pool and three hot tubs with a mountain backdrop
- The award-winning Remède Spa
- The famous, highly personalized St. Regis butler service
- The winter menu at the Chef’s Club features Food & Wine’s Best New Chef award winners, who contribute dishes and make appearances
What To Know
- WiFi costs $15 per day
- The hotel caters to a wide range of guests, from honeymooners to avid skiers to extended families
- Ideal location at the base of Aspen Mountain and steps from town
- READ MORE: 72 Hours in Aspen
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
This luxe Alpine retreat pulls off the rare trick of being both cozy and opulent. Set at the base of majestic Aspen Mountain and close to the famed slopes of Snowmass and Aspen Highlands, the warm red brick exterior is the icing on the cake of the gilded-yet-discreet brand of décor synonymous with the New York flagship. Apart from rich wood paneling and the occasional snowflake print, the resort avoids the woodsy, antler-riddled cliches of Alpine lodges, instead making subtle use of silver and lavender tones and luxurious touches like teardrop chandeliers and a grand staircase with mirrored panels. Apres-ski is a breeze thanks to the hot tubs, heated pool-with-a-view and Remede Spa, which offers a signature massage with aromatherapy, a warm paraffin foot wrap and a scalp massage with essential oils.
In the Area
Aspen, once a silver mining town, now attracts riches of a different kind. A well-heeled crowd sweeps in each winter to ski the famous surrounding slopes, but there’s plenty of other action year-round. Visit the Aspen Art Museum for thought-provoking contemporary art or take in a concert at the historic 1880s Wheeler Opera House, which has hosted talents from Oprah Winfrey to soprano Renee Fleming. Refuel with a carnivorous feast at one of the town’s most acclaimed tables, Steakhouse 316, helmed by rising star chef Kathleen Crook, then let one of the talented mixologists at Justice Snow’s shake up a Pisco Sour to warm you up for the walk home.
How to Get There
We visited for the food and wine festival. I couldn’t believe how clean it was. There were vendors and seminars, lines of people but there was no garbage or funny smells. Nothing felt dirty even though there were hundreds of us going through every hour for a different class. There were no little pieces of junk, none of the employees looked stressed out....frankly I was more disheveled than almost everyone. If you have time stop in and meet the resident dog. He is adorable.
We booked two rooms for five nights for my daughter’s 30Th birthday. Upon arrival, Marija had set up my daughter’s room with balloons, Champaign, and goodies. It was a delight to see the surprise on Brittany’s face upon opening her door. The entire stay was like that. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Alexandria also honored us with Champaign and a fruit plate sent to our room as a warm welcome.
We also loved the fact that the pool and three hot tubs are open 24/7 and so comfortably warm. A beautiful brick patio with bar and food service during the day. My daughter and her friend enjoyed the in house world class spa and claimed it was the best that they had ever been to. The many intimate seating rooms and areas offer the guest many places to enjoy with friends or to just sit and enjoy a book.
The location is great at the foot of the Aspen Mountain and the head of the quaint and lively town. Many tours pick up at the hotel for even more convenience and fun.
The whole experience was better than our expectations and we will definitely return.
I stayed for a week with my daughter here and I don’t know where to begin with how wonderful it was. Every person you encounter who works at this resort is authentically kind and helpful.
- When we walked in for breakfast, they called us by name.
- Stephanie at the concierge desk arranged a horseback riding outing and it was seamless.
- John (part of the room service team) was amazing and patient as we put in order after order.
- The maid service was so kind to my daughter and her friend, giving them handfuls of chocolate and changing the sheets without rebuke when the kids spilt water on them.
- The Butler team responded immediately and kindly to medical issues both my daughter and I experienced on two separate occasions.
- And the concierge team put together a beautiful birthday arrangement at the last minute for my daughter (affirmatively noting, based on a conversation I had with wait staff in the restaurant, my daughter’s nut allergies).
Beyond that, the hotel and grounds is beautiful and peaceful. It was the first time in my life where I didn’t feel like I was staying in a hotel - I felt far more like I was in a quasi-home and that I had support at the ready when I needed it.
I have thought often about putting together a luxury travel guide for single moms, and this hotel would be at the top of my list.
Maybe it was all the champagne but staying at The St. Regis in Aspen was one of the GREATEST experiences of my life.
My now-husband and I chose to honeymoon in Aspen after getting married in Telluride. We were looking for a romantic and relaxing trip filled with great food and views-we got exactly what we wanted and beyond!
We loved our time at the resort, including massages at Remede Spa, fabulous drinks at the bar and the luxurious in room tub and robes. The entire staff delivered world class service, I felt like the most important person in the world during my stay. They even sent up a bowl of wasabi peas (that are served in the bar) to our room after we decided we were utterly obsessed with them.
I am so looking forward to a time we can return to this magical place. From the bottom of our hearts we want to say thank you to the The St. Regis, Aspen.
Brought my LA friends to St. Regis SPA (best in Aspen), and afternoon cocktails at Mountain Social. I don’t write many reviews but had to tell you about our server TJ. Smart, engaging, gracious, knowledgeable and professional. Moreover, she mirrored as a concierge since we were at a loss for what to do in mud season!