The Little Nell
What We Love
- Ski in/ski out convenience
- Rooms with close-enough-to-touch mountain views
- The beautiful people enjoying cocktails and a menu of après-ski “global tapas” at the Terrace Bar
- The award-winning wine list at element 47, which has a 20,000-bottle cellar
- Summer hiking, biking and fishing programs arranged by the hotel’s adventure concierge
What To Know
- Some spa treatments are offered, but for a full-service spa experience, guests are referred to one of 3 nearby spas
- Dogs are welcome — for a $125 initial fee plus $25 per night
- On-site parking is available for $28 per night
- Check-in is at 4 p.m.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at The Little Nell in Aspen, you’ll be in the mountains and minutes from Aspen Mountain and Wagner Park. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Mill Street Fountain and Wheeler Opera House.
Make yourself at home in one of the 92 air-conditioned rooms featuring fireplaces and plasma televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and cable programming provide entertainment. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Enjoy the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access at this hotel, which also features a health club and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle that operates within 10 mi.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request).
How to Get There
The Nell has it all, and are accustomed to taking superb care of a variety of people, including movie, political, government officials, and others, who simply want to stay in the "gold star hotel of Aspen." It should be mentioned that The Little Nell is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE, beyond the expectation of almost all people who do not travel and have never been in such a superb hotel. Check room rates, most important.
I stayed at the Little Nell for five days and was always treated like a star guest. All of the staff greeted me and family with smiles. They were especially helpful and kind towards my grandmother who is disabled. In past trips with her, we have experiences difficulties with the quality of handicapped rooms and other things pertaining to her happiness, but we had zero problems with her.
The shuttles to and from Snowmass were great as well! All of the drivers had really wonderful attitudes!
Awesome service. The best of Aspen right in the middle of the town and next to Gondola. Apres ski was incredible..Ajax patio and Chair Nine Bar. The staff are incredible and extremely attentive.
We can't wait to go back.
Great boutique like hotel that is not too large with only 4 stories and next to Ajax lift and Gorsuch ski shop/rental around the corner combined with hotel concierge service is very convenient. Superb service from the moment one walks in hotel and rooms are large and tastefully decorated. Bathrooms are large with walk-in shower and double sinks. But shower is too small and one has to avoid getting hit with cold water waiting for hot water. Suggest getting rid of the bench in the shower for more room. Amenity kits are plenty but lack epsom salt for baths and had to call housekeeping for it each day. Humidifier not automatically set-up and slippers did not show up until the next day. Restaurant and bar closes at 10p and only room service available at that time. It is very pricey. Because of these reasons, it missed scoring a 5.0.
i hardly write any reviews but i am being forced to write this one. we travel 5 star all over the world and we have experienced the bad and the good. but unfortunately, this one was the worst. i will summarize our disappointment below.
1) ROOM : very loud fan kept turning on all throughout the night and kept us awake most of the night. even worse, their thermostat did not work properly so the room temperture was at 77 to 78 degrees all day and night. technician came to fix it and claim that he fixed it but the temperture would not go down. so we had to keep the balcony windows open to cool down.
2) CONCIERGE : some staff were very friendly and accommodating and provided detailed and through information and more. but unfortunately, others were not as friendly and gave us one word answers and came across as if they were busy and unapproachable. so depending on who was at the desk on specific time, you got the service and you didn't.
3) BELL MAN AND THE ESCORT TO OUR ROOM : escort was clueless and was anxious to escort us to the room, get his tip and get out. he provided no information about the hotel and had no knowledge about where the switch is and other details in the room. he couldn't even show us where the switch was to turn on the fireplace so i had to figure it out myself. worse yet, he would charge $ 40 for 4 bottle of water (wasn't water included in our stay??).
4) DRIVERS: some drivers were friendly, prompt and was joyful to ride with. some drivers were not pleasant at all. depending on who you ride with, service would be different. worse yet, we had to wait 35 minute to get a return ride back from our dinner at matsuhisa. front desk informed us that driver will be there in 15 minute. he didn't show until 40 minute later. it would have been nice if the front desk informed us that it would take 40 minute up front so that i don't have to look for the driver for 25 extra minute. i had to go out on a snowy cold weather 2 separate times to look for the driver if he has parked nearby and was waiting on us.
4) ELEMENT 47 ; their breakfast is nothing out of the ordinary and was not impressive. but their biggest disappointment was the dinner. we enjoy michelin 3 star restaurants to your fast food depending on the occassion. but this dining was the worse we had. we ordered wagu beef (their signature dish) and my wife had risotto and our teenager had the pasta. wagu beef came a bit salty and i enjoy full flavored steak so i nevertheless ended up finishing the dish. however, the risotto and the pasta was the worst. it was so salty, we couldn't eat it. i wanted to return the dish and make a complain but my wife stopped me as she already lost all her appetite and wanted to just go to the room to rest.
4) BAR : my wife ordered a cocktail and she is 41. hostess asked for an id (at first, it was funny) but when she did not serve her because she did not have id with her, it was not funny at all.. she was not flexible and she found no way to help her get served. i am 50 and my wife is 41, i can understand that this is the law but to be this inflexible to a guest who is staying in your hotel is bad service and unaccommodating.
5) CHECK OUT : reception would get our bill incorrect 3 different times. first, they would over charge us $ 3000 for the room category. 2nd, they would double charge us for the ski and rentals. 3rd, they would add 2 bottle of water that we did not order. in order to remove this $ 13 bill, they needed to make 2 different calls and get a managers approval to get it removed. for a $ 13 dollars!!!!!!
6) SPA : for a 5 diamond 5 star hotel, i expected full spa. but they only had a gym and small sauna and 3 to 4 treatment room. my wife had to go next door to St Regis to get her treatment.
PROPERTY AND LOCATIONS IS GOOD. but all others were a disappoinment! as i have said, i don't write reviews but this hotel fell way beyond expectations!!!!