What We Love
- Daily breakfast buffet is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Convenient location in Bogota’s Chico Navarra neighborhood, close to the hip Zona Rosa and Parque 93 enclaves
- Choice of two restaurants — Colombian classics at Gatsby and more casual café fare at Bistro 106 — and a hearty breakfast buffet daily
- Suites are apartment-size spaces, some with private terraces overlooking the street or grounds
What To Know
- Light sleepers: Request a room that doesn’t face the street
- Bistro 106 is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. (excluding Sundays), but room service is available around the clock
- Guests have access to a rooftop gym and sauna, and spa treatments can be arranged for an extra fee
- Members will be charged a 16 percent VAT tax by the property upon check-in that is exempt for foreigners of Colombia. To avoid this fee, be sure to provide documentation at the time of check-in
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
In an upscale enclave in northern Bogota, Lancaster House is an all-suite escape from the city’s hustle and bustle, with two restaurants, a bar and a rooftop gym and sauna. Popular with both business and leisure travelers, it’s within easy reach of the city’s hip Zona Rosa and Parque 93 neighborhoods but just 25 minutes from the international airport. Guests arrive at a light-filled lobby that’s done up in a formal style with multicolored marble, warm wood paneling and leather and wood furnishings. Upstairs, the suites are simply styled in a palette of orange, chocolate and bright whites; they have Queen or Twin beds and, in some rooms, private terraces. The spacious bathrooms are outfitted with single vanities, tub-shower combos and house brand amenities. On the dining front, Gatsby restaurant dishes up Colombian classics and international favorites all day and hosts weekend brunches from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., while the more casual Bistro 106 (open for lunch and dinner) is the spot for cake and strong Colombian coffee. A hearty breakfast buffet is served daily, and room service is available around the clock. Any overindulgence can be remedied in the recently renovated rooftop gym, or paired with a sauna session or, for an extra fee, an in-room spa treatment.
In the Area
Head 10 minutes south to take advantage of hip Zona Rosa’s many attractions. Browse the racks at local designer favorites such as Lina Cantillo, Pamela Duque and Julieta Suarez, or hit the shops at Andino Shopping Plaza and the top-of-the-line El Retiro Shopping Center, home to Andres Jaramillo’s extraordinary food court. His other restaurant, Andres D.C., opened in 2009 and is a pricey but totally unique experience in grilled meat dining (with good wines and appetizers), set in a four-tier industrial warehouse staffed by dancing waiters. A more tranquil choice might be Club Colombia, which serves such regional classics as corn empanadas and ajiaco soup. Daytrips include the historic old city, La Candelaria; the Gold Museum, with its treasure trove of 34,000 pieces of gold and 20,000 other ancient artifacts; and the Salt Cathedral at Zipaquira, built in the tunnels of a salt mine some 600 feet underground. A surefire way to meet the Bogotanos is to rent a bike on a Sunday, when 70 miles of street are closed to car traffic from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
How to Get There
This is the second time that we choose this hotel but this time it was a bad experience The hotel is remodeling they were working very late 9;30 pm they were drilling too much noise my husband had to go upstairs to ask them to stop the noise the wifi it was not working In the morning at the restaurant working again during breakfast
rooms filthy dirty, water comes out brown from fawcett and toilet water is brown like dirt color, staff is rude and the maids DO NOT CLEAN, walls are dirty all is outdated, pots in the kitchen are dirty and burned out, SHAME ON YOU
i booked a room for a get a way with my wife, the people who work here are very kind and welcoming, decent breakfast was included, and the suite was spacious included a full kitchen. It is true that it isn't the newest or most modern hotel, but overall I was satisfied.