Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection, you’ll be centrally located in Charleston, steps from St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church and Threshold Repertory Theatre. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Charleston City Market and Confederate Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 50 air-conditioned rooms featuring MP3 docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy the recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center or make use of other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, laundry facilities, and an elevator (lift).
How to Get There
We stayed for one night on our way to the beach. The hotel was very hip and trendy. Check-in was quick and efficient. We had a ton of luggage (week at the beach) and the valet was quick and brought a luggage cart immediately but since he was the only valet and three cars were waiting, we had to get our own luggage, which we actually preferred anyway. The room was nice, and very well appointed. Not huge by any means but a good size with a nice sized bathroom. We settled in and went to the rooftop bar. It was June so it was oppressively hot. We were happy to see that the bar is mostly indoors and well air conditioned. You can definitely go outside but you can also stay inside. Bar staff were great and bar was very bright, hip and trendy also. We also did the wine blending class. As others have said, it was a blast. If you have time, do it. It's an experience and Peter was hilarious. We made some new friends and after the class we all went back to the rooftop for more drinks and since it was evening, we hung out outside. Again, service was great-- only downside was that we had so much fun (and libations) that we didn't really appreciate our late dinner at Magnolias but oh well. Next morning we went to breakfast at the rooftop and this was the only negative point. Service was horrible. We sat for 15 minutes with no water or coffee. Three people asked if we wanted any and we said yes all three times only to have them walk off and never come back. The water and coffee were sitting on the bar. We would have just grabbed them, but we were afraid we would have grabbed decaf by mistake. After we finally got them, we had to ankle tackle someone for refills. Our food, however, was very good when it arrived and not too expensive since they credited the free continental breakfast that came as a Marriott Rewards member. Check was very quick and efficient and the car was waiting for us without us calling down because he knew we were only staying one night-- great service. Pity about breakfast staff but would still recommend the hotel. Everyone has hiccups sometimes.
Peter Demarest, sommelier and master wine blender leads you through an excellent experience of tasting and blending wines. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, but charmed us with his stories. We've taken many wine classes before but this was definitely the best! After the tasting, we were able to create our own blend and custom label.
From the booking by phone to checkout we received service beyond our expectations. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Relatively new property in a great section of town. We were on the second floor on a Friday night and heard no street or hallway noise.
Wine bar on the first floor and fun rooftop bar and restaurant. They also have a wine blending class that was a great experience, well worth the cost. Each participant creates a unique red blend and takes home a bottle with your own label.
We were here celebrating our friends 30th birthday, and had such an amazing time. Drinks were awesome, weather on the roof top was amazing, but the service was the best! We had Hunter as our server, and she crushed it. She was an outstanding server. Definitely will be back!
Overall, a nice stay, but got off to a VERY rough start. I will say that the staff is excellent and did all they could to address all the issues we encountered. I would probably only stay here again if I could get a good rate.
1. Nice bath towels
2. Safe in the room, and it has a small light in it that comes on when you unlock it.
3. Walk-in shower
4. Water closet has separate door so one guest could be at the sink or in the shower while another guest has privacy in the water closet/toilet area
5. Staff is very nice - Marlie at the front desk was very sweet & extremely helpful. Peter in the wine bar was very knowledgeable about wine. Kelly at the front desk was very helpful at checkout & super sweet & friendly.
6. High end toiletries - Gilchrist & Soames - and thick towels.
7. Starbucks coffee in the room & Starbucks coffee shop on first floor, although it does not accept the Starbucks app
8. Mini fridge in the room.
9. Plenty of charging outlets for electronic devices
10. Bathrobe in closet
11. AC works well
12. Aside from lighting issues noted below, there was plenty of other lighting in the bedroom area and even a light in the closet.
13. Lighted makeup mirror & large full length mirror
14. Slow-close toilet seat (my husband loves these...ha ha)
15. Plenty of hot water
16. Water pressure in shower is good...rain shower head.
17. Eleve’ restaurant on the 4th floor had an excellent breakfast, although not included with the room.
2. Rooms are small.
3. Keys did not work -took 3 times to get them working properly for 2 of our 3 rooms.
4. Only 1 elevator and ice is only available on one floor (3rd floor). Our room was on the 2nd floor. Since people not staying at the hotel use this same elevator to go to the rooftop bar, I opted to not get ice since I had already put on my PJ’s. If the ice machine was on my same floor, I would just put my bathrobe on and walk down the hall to get ice.
5. Big issues with lighted mirror over the coffee/wet bar area, in that It didn’t work, and the small chandelier in that area wasn’t working either, so it was very very dark in the hallway of my room. Some rooms have a different layout, so it might not matter as much in those rooms. Engineering employee said they have been having issues with all of these lights, so they are gradually trying to replace them. He ended up finding another lighted mirror & replaced the one in my room. Problem was that the room he took it from was the other room my party was occupying. The small chandelier had 6 bulbs, and 5 of them weren’t working consistently because the sockets needed to be replaced. I honestly felt bad for the engineering employee because he was trying his best, but you could sense his frustration with constant issues at this hotel.
6. No real perks at this hotel for our Marriott Gold status, such as complimentary breakfast or access to a Club/Concierge level, because there isn’t one.
7. Using the app for early on-line check-in was pretty much a waste of my time. One of our three rooms was ready 30 minutes after we arrived (around 2:15 pm), so we appreciated that. But for having used the app to do the check-in the day before, per the staff’s recommendation when I called 2 days prior to our arrival, it saved us NO time. One of our 3 rooms wasn’t even ready on time and we were not able to occupy it till after 4:30pm, even though the official check-in time was 4pm. We were almost late for our dinner reservations at 5pm, thanks to this delay. To help compensate us for all the issues, the front desk manager gave us a 50% discount for 2 of our 3 rooms. I will say that is the main reason we would possibly give this hotel another try in the future if we could get a good rate.