Montage Palmetto Bluff
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Winner: Best For Families
- Just 38 individual cottages set on 20,000 acres of rural South Carolina
- Free access to fitness facilities (court time at the Lawn and Racquet Club, use of bicycles and the pool and fitness centers)
- Jack Nicklaus–designed golf course, a spa and water activities for families
What To Know
- All cottages were refurbished with new rugs, reupholstering and TVs in 2012
- For the Lagoon, Forest View or River View Cottages, a $30 resort fee per cottage, per night, will be collected upon purchase on Jetsetter; for the three-Bedroom Village Home, the resort fee is $45 per night
- Savannah is about 45 minutes by car; Hilton Head is about 35 minutes
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Retro and timeless, the charming Inn at Palmetto Bluff takes inspiration from its namesake hometown, a sleepy South Carolina town surrounded by a watercolor canopy of draped oak trees. A brick-lined path connects the inn’s 38 cottages to the restaurants and spa, but the surrounding 20,000 acres lend a natural air of seclusion.
Bed and Bath
The cottages and suites have a classic Southern style, with pine-planked floors, vaulted ceilings and screened-in verandas. The comfy beds are dressed in down duvets and luxe Italian linens, and working fireplaces up the cozy factor. LED TVs, DVD players and WiFi supply the modern comforts, while the spacious bathrooms have deep soaking tubs and separate steam showers, plus organic amenities.
Golfers make a beeline for the Jack Nicklaus–designed course at May River Golf Club that sprawls across the property, while non-golfers can take advantage of the spa’s soothing treatments that use local lemon balm, jasmine, fresh cucumber and mint. Water babies should drop a fishing line in the various rivers, ponds, salt marshes and remote streams, or just take a turn in the readily available kayaks, skiffs, yachts and more. And all guests should enjoy the fresh South Carolina fare at the May River Grill at the Clubhouse.
How to Get There
I highly recommend having your next event, retreat, or weekend getaway at Montage Palmetto Bluff! It is a luxurious, 5+star experience from start to finish! Beautiful settings, amazing food, and a wonderful staff make the perfect experience. Everything you could need including a luxury spa, high end dining, and endless activities are all in one place.
Palmetto Bluff, SC, is the most peaceful, relaxing place I have ever been to. The amenities are world class and the staff is outstanding. A great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. I highly recommend a visit to Palmetto Bluff.
Great rooms, excellent cuisine, lots to do on site, world class golf course. Kirk and Christian at the golf course were extremely helpful, as was Rory at check in. The charm and service level of the Montage is extremely high and the location is perfect for many types of events.