What We Love
- The hotel grounds overflow with fruit trees, flowers and birds
- Fresh Panamanian produce and flavors distinguish award-winning chef/owner Charlie Collins's gourmet cuisine
- Away-for-the-weekend Panamanians, local expats and guests mix in the welcoming Fireside Lounge
- The Panamonte staff is experienced and imaginative in arranging memorable guest activities
- The inn is a five-minute walk from Boquete town
- Pair with a seaside stay at Seagull Cove Lodge in Boca Chica
What To Know
- Boquete is a 50-minute flight from Panama City
- Here in the highlands, you’ll be glad you packed good walking shoes, a sun hat, a warm sweater, a waterproof windbreaker and binoculars
- The U.S. dollar is legal tender in Panama; however, it's best to travel with crisp bills
- Rent a car or let the inn arrange ATV and scooter rentals
- Inquire about small hands-on cooking classes with chef Charlie
- Tuesday morning is market day in Boquete — shop for handcrafted jewelry, handmade soaps, local coffee and medicinal herbal products
- WiFi is free
- Parking On Site
Located in Boquete, HOTEL PANAMONTE is in the mountains and minutes from Boquete Community Players Theater and Events Center and Church of San Juan Bautista. This hotel is within close proximity of Municipal Park and El Explorador.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a sauna or take in the view from a garden. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of HOTEL PANAMONTE. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed at the Panamonte Inn for 3 nights with our two teens, ages 16 and 17. The property and rooms were lovely, and we enjoyed the breakfast each morning - a choice of hot and cold, including a delicious fruit bowl. Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly, particularly Jose, who went out of his way to make sure all was well.
While I have no complaints at all about the rooms and environment, there were communication issues that got in the way of a five star rating. We had booked activities through the hotel, but no information was left for us about times, what to bring, etc. When we chased down the info, some of it was incorrect. All turned out fine, but a hotel of this caliber should pay more attention to detail.
Finally, this hotel does draw an older demographic. While my husband and I enjoyed this, it was not the ideal “vibe” for a family with teens.
We were staying elsewhere but the restaurant was highly recommended. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was empty. We went into their bar which was lovely. A great fireplace around which to have a drink. We went back to eat. I had the corvina ceviche. Ceviche is supposed to be seafood cooked in acid flavors. The fish had clearly been precooked and the acid and onions added later. My friend ordered pork cheeks which are supposed to be small tenderly cooked pork. She got some kind of ribs which we questioned as to whether it was pork. My husband had the smoked pork chop and it was dry. My other friend had the chicken ramen type dish and he said it was tasteless. So, a dinner of disappointment. Service was good but since we were the only ones there, it should have been.
The Panamonte was one of our highlights in our visit to Panama. It is simply beautiful and well run. The gardens were well maintained and beautiful. We stayed for dinner for 2 nights because the food was outstanding--trout!! We could walk easily from there into town (which isn't much but more restaurants, pharmacy, etc) There is a bar with a large fireplace which was so comfortable and welcoming. Our room seemed very private, clean. (BTW, no bellhops)
Ive stayed at the Panamonte since a little girl with my family and always loved it, however I stayed two days recently and found it somewhat lacking the special attention to making my stay a pleasant one. The service was very slow, check in and out a total disaster. Even making reservations was poor. I was told they had a new system and it wasn’t working well but apparently it didn’t work well for several weeks. I’m sorry I didn’t have a good experience.
Quiet hotel just on the outskirts of town. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and activities. Gardens are beautiful. Rooms are large. Showers are hot. Restaurant is very good. It has a large bar area with comfortable seats and fireplace. A great area to hang out.