What We Love
- The hotel grounds overflow with fruit trees, flowers and birds
- Fresh Panamanian produce and flavors distinguish award-winning chef/owner Charlie Collins's gourmet cuisine
- Away-for-the-weekend Panamanians, local expats and guests mix in the welcoming Fireside Lounge
- The Panamonte staff is experienced and imaginative in arranging memorable guest activities
- The inn is a five-minute walk from Boquete town
- Pair with a seaside stay at Seagull Cove Lodge in Boca Chica
What To Know
- Boquete is a 50-minute flight from Panama City
- Here in the highlands, you’ll be glad you packed good walking shoes, a sun hat, a warm sweater, a waterproof windbreaker and binoculars
- The U.S. dollar is legal tender in Panama; however, it's best to travel with crisp bills
- Rent a car or let the inn arrange ATV and scooter rentals
- Inquire about small hands-on cooking classes with chef Charlie
- Tuesday morning is market day in Boquete — shop for handcrafted jewelry, handmade soaps, local coffee and medicinal herbal products
- WiFi is free
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Boquete, HOTEL PANAMONTE is in the mountains and minutes from Boquete Community Players Theater and Events Center and Church of San Juan Bautista. This hotel is within close proximity of Municipal Park and El Explorador.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a sauna or take in the view from a garden. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of HOTEL PANAMONTE. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The property is located about 45 minutes from David International Airport, a mere 45 minutes flight from Panama City’s Tocumen or Albrook airports.
We were a group of 19 touring Cerro Punta and Boquete to attend a floral retreat. We could feel the cordiality and peace that surrounds the property since the minute we arrived.
Rooms are extremely large and most have a semi private terrace. (2) queen beds and many pillows were ultra comfy. Bathrooms are also very spacious and our room had a new and elegant wooden walk-in closet and safe deposit box. I have never felt as safe in a hotel before as I did at this one! Yes, everything was clean. Robes and terry slippers were provided.
Ambiance is very laid back in the good sense of the word. Countryside breakfast included is very generous, a la carte, but make sure to order some fresh strawberries and try the local dishes from the regular menu. You will not be disappointed as world renowned Chef Charlie Collins is the owner. One of my favorite moments was the morning I had enough time to sit by the restaurant’s balcony, overlooking the mountains while savoring breakfast. Dinner was delicious too.
Have a drink or a few by the bar’s fireplace. Soo relaxing, can’t wait to return and hopefully soon.
Note: all rooms are at ground level but some require a bit of walking. Should you need special assistance indicate so prior to arrival. No steps needed to access them.
Elegant and modern rooms, beautiful landscape, excellent and tasteful presentation of food and drink, and a staff that is attentive, courteous, and helpful. We had been travelling for a week and needed a laundromat and a clerk assisted us by sending out our clothes to be washed and dried and returned to us with a few hours....excellent service.
My wife and I stayed at the Panamonte last January. We loved everything about this hotel: the charm of the well preserved buildings, some dating back a century, the spaciousness, comfort and quietness of the rooms overlooking the mature and beautiful garden, the quality of the cuisine, masterly prepared with local ingredients under the supervision of chef Charlie Collins, whose family has owned the property for a long time. The hotel staff were friendly yet unobtrusive, and very helpful. Even though the hotel is located within walking distance of down-town Boquete, it is very quiet at night.
We spent a delightful three days there, and felt very much at home in this luxurious and unpretending hotel. We are already making plans to return after the rainy season!