What We Love
- The hotel grounds overflow with fruit trees, flowers and birds
- Fresh Panamanian produce and flavors distinguish award-winning chef/owner Charlie Collins's gourmet cuisine
- Away-for-the-weekend Panamanians, local expats and guests mix in the welcoming Fireside Lounge
- The Panamonte staff is experienced and imaginative in arranging memorable guest activities
- The inn is a five-minute walk from Boquete town
- Pair with a seaside stay at Seagull Cove Lodge in Boca Chica
What To Know
- Boquete is a 50-minute flight from Panama City
- Here in the highlands, you’ll be glad you packed good walking shoes, a sun hat, a warm sweater, a waterproof windbreaker and binoculars
- The U.S. dollar is legal tender in Panama; however, it's best to travel with crisp bills
- Rent a car or let the inn arrange ATV and scooter rentals
- Inquire about small hands-on cooking classes with chef Charlie
- Tuesday morning is market day in Boquete — shop for handcrafted jewelry, handmade soaps, local coffee and medicinal herbal products
- WiFi is free
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Boquete, HOTEL PANAMONTE is in the mountains and minutes from Boquete Community Players Theater and Events Center and Church of San Juan Bautista. This hotel is within close proximity of Municipal Park and El Explorador.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a sauna or take in the view from a garden. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of HOTEL PANAMONTE. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Elegant and modern rooms, beautiful landscape, excellent and tasteful presentation of food and drink, and a staff that is attentive, courteous, and helpful. We had been travelling for a week and needed a laundromat and a clerk assisted us by sending out our clothes to be washed and dried and returned to us with a few hours....excellent service.
My wife and I stayed at the Panamonte last January. We loved everything about this hotel: the charm of the well preserved buildings, some dating back a century, the spaciousness, comfort and quietness of the rooms overlooking the mature and beautiful garden, the quality of the cuisine, masterly prepared with local ingredients under the supervision of chef Charlie Collins, whose family has owned the property for a long time. The hotel staff were friendly yet unobtrusive, and very helpful. Even though the hotel is located within walking distance of down-town Boquete, it is very quiet at night.
We spent a delightful three days there, and felt very much at home in this luxurious and unpretending hotel. We are already making plans to return after the rainy season!
Had a small breakfast on terrace off the main dinning area. Cappuccinos and local cheese with chorizos, pan fried bread as extra. Muy satisfecho! Service was leisurely; however, just as I required for a mid-morning repast; i.e., descansando. The grounds of this over 100 year old hotel are very lovely. If one can believe the hotel promo, Sean Connery stopped here. Can you say: “Bond, James Bond”? Apparently, he preferred “El Salto”! James, “Stirred, not Shaken,” Que Pasa? Soon, the first day opening numbers of the 2019 Boquete Jazz & Blues Festival will take to the air. We’ll be there! Quisira un Salto, por favor!