Hotel Okura Macau
What We Love
- An extravagant hotel in the heart of glitzy Macau, with a suite and plenty of perksThe extremely indulgent in-room Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath
- The endless supply of adventure awaiting at the resort's water park
- Savoring an elegant spread of Japanese dishes at the award-winning Yamazato restaurant
What To Know
- The hotel is part of the Galaxy Complex and shares a waterpark and wave pool with the other hotels in the building; head to the 29th floor to use the Okura guest-only pool
- Early check-ins and late check-outs can be accommodated—just speak to reception
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Right within the glitz and glamour that gave Macau its title as the “Vegas of China,” you’ll find the lavish Hotel Okura, complete with its extravagant behemoth towers with gold-gilded pillars and trimmings. The five-star hotel is home to a sprawling water-adventure park with its own white-sand beach. It also has a Skytop Aquatic Adventure River Ride alongside beach lagoons, white-water rapids, geysers and more. Close to attractions in Macau, the hotel also provides ticketing-concierge services that help reserve seats to popular shows, such as the world-class House of Dancing Water performance.
Things are a completely different story within the hotel itself. Zen-like calm takes over once you step into the Japanese-style lobby. With a soaring ceiling and feature walls that mimic the elegance of Japanese screen doors, this sumptuous property puts you completely at ease. The rooms offer the same elegance; spacious, with a stunning view and an ensuite bathroom that comes equipped with a jacuzzi, sauna and luxurious, stand-alone oval bathtub, it is a dream to return to after a day out in heart-stopping Macau.
How to Get There
Let us start off with the good.
1) Excellent rooms, spacious, Toto toilet, big bath tub
2) Amazing sound proofing for the connecting rooms!
3) Right above the galaxy wave pool
4) Clean family friendly ambience
5) Japanese restaurant right upstairs
6) Fabulous cotton dual layered robs! None of that cheap polyester robs most hotels have now.
1) Air Conditioning makes a high pitch noise sometimes. Maintenance have no idea how to repair it unless they can hear the noise themselves. As the noise comes and goes it is hard for them to address it. So we never got it fixed. I suspect this happens because their male housekeeping always turns the AC on the most powerful & coldest setting when they come service the rooms bc they are hot themselves. And they don’t reset it back to normal temperature when they leave the room thus the AC goes on overdrive if left like that for a while.
2) Some staff are not knowledgeable. For example I asked for a copy of the bill to expedite check out and was told I have to go downstairs to get the bill and they can only do so after I leave the room and check out which is not true. Had to ask to speak to another staff in order to get the bill ahead of time. Little things like that which requires me to talk to multiple people or the same person multiple times happened throughout our stay
3) Room service, Terrace, and Chinese banquet hall food is awful especially for Macau standards
4) No spa or outdoor heated pool. Least kid friendly of the Galaxy hotels but it was alright as we could always take our daughter to the JW Marriott kids club
Overall it is a fabulous hotel if you are looking for a comfortable room and set up. Just be prepared to go elsewhere for anything else like spa, food and activities.
Spent 3 nights here. service was fantastic and staff were professional and friendly. Rooms were cleaned once if not twice daily. Food options were great. Location was perfect...near to old parts of city for great walking tours. Only wish was that room service would go past midnight....for some late nights snacking. I would stay here again.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Okura Hotel in Macau. The rooms were just amazing, and the value you get with full access to the Galaxy Complex including the wave pools and lazy river is excellent. Staff can't do enough for you. Highly recommended.
My boyfriend and I visited Hotel Okura on the weekend of September 7th for my 21st birthday. It was the best experience in a hotel I ever had!! Unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend had let the hotel know it was my birthday, and upon arrival, they whisked us off to a private check-in and gave us a welcome drink and snacks.
The hotel lobby and all the facilities were beautiful. There was some maintenance work but we didn't even notice it until the end. They even upgraded our room free of charge! Whenever we needed anything, the reception was quick to provide us, even some less common items such as an iron and ironing board.
After we spent some time at the massive pool deck (i can imagine this is an awesome place for kids, full of waterslides and fully monitored), we went up to our room to get ready for dinner. When we returned, exactly at 11:30 as planned (according to my boyfriend), the hotel provided us with a delicious complimentary cake and wine bottle for my birthday!! They even wrote down a personalized message from my boyfriend. I was baffled and didn't know hotels would go to such lengths to please their guests!! Special thanks to William Kuan and Cici Xu from the Guest Relations Team who helped my boyfriend execute his plan!
We only spent one night but it surely made my 21st birthday incredibly memorable. Thank you Hotel Okura! We will definitely be back to make even more special memories!
- One happy birthday girl
It’s an unforgettable and meaningful experience! !!
Thank you for Guest Relations Team’s, especially Grace Tai and William Kwan, kind assistance and arrangement in advance to create such wonderful experiences for our special occasion. It’s our first time to stay in your hotel, and you show your support to my surprise. It is really out of our expectations, such as free upgrade & complimentary birthday cake. We will choose your hotel for next stay definitely!!
Once again, thank you Guest Relations Team. Appreciate your service excellence!!!!