What We Love
- A sleek and stylish art-centric hotel with a perfect location – includes breakfastHow easy it is to travel around the city from the hotel – Jordan MTR station is just two minutes away
- Being surprised by new exhibits at the hotel's in-house creative space
- The Zen-inspired minimalism of the calming guest rooms
What To Know
- Conveniently located within walking distance of Jordan station
- Free WiFi with no device limits
- Deluxe rooms are large by Hong Kong standards
Dense and vibrant, the city of Hong Kong is absolutely jam-packed with towering skyscrapers, countless varieties of food and endless displays of a rich and beautiful culture. Extravagant tea, mouth-watering dim sum and the freshest seafood will tempt you from every window, while the bustle of this international financial center will mesmerize you as you walk through its maze-like streets.
Serving as a refuge for in-the-know travelers and art enthusiasts alike, Hotel Stage is set in the vibrant area of Kowloon. From the tranquil lobby, with its calming tree mural, to the Zen-inspired guest rooms, this hotel is perfect for finding a bit of inner peace after a day in this fast-paced city. Not only are the hotel walls covered with contemporary art, but the hotel features a dedicated creative space – Muse With Us – complete with an international book collection, gallery and wine bar. And if all that creativity gets you hungry, check out Kitchen Savvy for delectable Italian cuisine served in an inviting, modern setting.
The rooms offer a simple, elegant vibe, with light wood finishing, smooth lines and a calming minimalist design. They’re also spacious, thanks to storage innovations like a concealed vanity and flexible partitioned panels. Large windows create a bright, spacious feel and afford panoramic views of Kowloon’s iconic landmarks.
Italian favorites are served at the hotel’s restaurant, Kitchen Savvy, which impresses with its casually elegant interior. The restaurant’s large windows offer a good view of the busy city. In the evenings, you can drop by Muse Wine Bar to savor the many wines and spirits from around the world, accompanied by a delectable selection of treats.
Hotel Stage is situated in the heart of one of Hong Kong’s most culturally diverse areas, Kowloon, providing you with an abundance of sights to see and places to visit nearby. Night markets, souvenir shops and fresh-food stalls are all well within reach.
How to Get There
I had a great experience at Hotel Stage. The location was close to Jordan Station and many great places to pick up a quick bite. Also helps that it's close to WING ON, to get last minute purchases (like a new luggage to carry all your new buys).
Note: when getting a cab from the airport, most people didn't recognize the name 'hotel stage' but instead, the Chinese name. make sure you have the address handy and it helps if you can tell them, hotel Stage - 'DEEN TOY'.
We had a lovely 2 night stay at the Hotel Stage.
Very easy to get to - the airport bus drops off around the corner from the hotel on Nathan Road and there is a free bus to Kowloon Station just outside the hotel too which makes it easy for checking your bags in at Kowloon.
We also walked pretty much everywhere - the harbour is 15-20 mins walk away, there is also Jordan metro station 5 mins away which can take you to Hong Kong in approx 7 minutes. Nathan Road is seconds away and is a vibrant 24/7 shopping and food haven.
The staff were all very happy, friendly and helpful.
The room was pretty big for Hong Kong and was extremely well designed to make the most of the space.
Plenty of toiletries and 4 bottles of free mineral water was provided in the room each day which was great. There is also a large umbrella in your room to borrow during your stay (it rains a lot!).
The room also included a 'Handy' mobile phone which you can use in the hotel and take out with you providing free calls to most countries and free data. You can also use the mobile as a wifi hot spot and to book tickets or find out more about the hotel. We didn't use this device other than a quick play with it as we had our own mobiles but I can see this would be excellent for someone without a working mobile.
There is a gym on 2nd floor which is available 24/7 and this also includes a shower and toilet.
If I visit hong kong again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
I picked Hotel Stage due to it's close proximity to Nathan Road and it's closeness to major transportation. Admittedly, I've heard little about the property except that it was relatively new. Stayed here for 9 nights for both business and pleasure, and had a standard room on a high floor. Good price if you book ahead since it is HK and nothing is cheap anymore.
* Spacious and clean lobby with design and flair. Not overly perfumed like other properties in the area.
* All staff were pleasant, helpful and excellent at their jobs. I don't say thing very often.
* Rooms were well appointed, quiet and windows were double fortified for extra darkness to ensure a good night sleep. Good amount of room given this city has little space, so well worth the price.
* Everything was clean and spotless. Bed was large and comfortable with real duvets. An excellent night sleep every night.
* Bathroom was good too with enough amenities, towels and extras for whatever you need. Separate toilet and shower room which is useful.
* Breakfast was included in the price as well, which is an added bonus and was a mixture of east and west flavours. i.e. congee as well as omelette options. Can mix it up as well, so good for finicky eaters.
* Check-in and Check-out was easy and smooth. They really looked after us and even helped with hailing a cab to the station. Very impressed.
* Wifi was free in the hotel and easy to access, as well, the rooms had "handy" devices that meant you could have a mobile wifi during your stay.
* Free daily bottle of water! Little things like this matters.
* Free drink vouchers too! Could not ask for more!
* If I'm going to be picky, I'd say that the mini-fridge wasn't all that cold. Was nice to have one though, so it's not a major complaint.
None. It was all so stylish and smooth
Would definitely stay here again when next in HK and would recommend this to anyone staying as a couple, family and with kids. Excellent value for money and assurance that you will have a safe and comfortable stay while in this busy, busy city.
I've stayed here before and my room again was so clean, fresh, and modern, the bed was super comfortable, and the shower/toiletries very rejuvenating; truly felt like an oasis from the bustle of the city. Even the outlets were adapted for my American devices! The included breakfast was a total win - as someone avoiding carbs I was really happy with substantial choices I had like smoked salmon, eggs, yogurts, sauteed vegetables, and avocados etc. instead of your typical continental breakfast with only breads, pastries, and cereals.
On this trip I had to go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou and thanks to the staff was told that the hotel is right next to a stop for free shuttle bus that went first (~5 min ride) to Hong Kong's new high-speed rail terminal connecting to China, and then (another ~5 mins ride) to the station for the express train to Hong Kong international airport, so I saved myself a few taxi rides! Staff at front desk and at breakfast were polite and helpful - thank you!
Hongkong is known for small hotel rooms but Hotel Stage managed to design their rooms to maximise the space without compromising the stay experience of its guests. We stayed here for 4 nights but we didn’t feel we were cooped up in a 21 sqm space at all. Good value for money if you ask me.
Service is great so is the location, away from the noise of Nathan road. If you’re shopping, Canton road is easily a 20-min walk from the hotel.
Breakfast is good and they serve good coffee that is refillable.