What We Love
- A sleek and stylish art-centric hotel with a perfect location – includes breakfastHow easy it is to travel around the city from the hotel – Jordan MTR station is just two minutes away
- Being surprised by new exhibits at the hotel's in-house creative space
- The Zen-inspired minimalism of the calming guest rooms
What To Know
- Conveniently located within walking distance of Jordan station
- Free WiFi with no device limits
- Deluxe rooms are large by Hong Kong standards
Dense and vibrant, the city of Hong Kong is absolutely jam-packed with towering skyscrapers, countless varieties of food and endless displays of a rich and beautiful culture. Extravagant tea, mouth-watering dim sum and the freshest seafood will tempt you from every window, while the bustle of this international financial center will mesmerize you as you walk through its maze-like streets.
Serving as a refuge for in-the-know travelers and art enthusiasts alike, Hotel Stage is set in the vibrant area of Kowloon. From the tranquil lobby, with its calming tree mural, to the Zen-inspired guest rooms, this hotel is perfect for finding a bit of inner peace after a day in this fast-paced city. Not only are the hotel walls covered with contemporary art, but the hotel features a dedicated creative space – Muse With Us – complete with an international book collection, gallery and wine bar. And if all that creativity gets you hungry, check out Kitchen Savvy for delectable Italian cuisine served in an inviting, modern setting.
The rooms offer a simple, elegant vibe, with light wood finishing, smooth lines and a calming minimalist design. They’re also spacious, thanks to storage innovations like a concealed vanity and flexible partitioned panels. Large windows create a bright, spacious feel and afford panoramic views of Kowloon’s iconic landmarks.
Italian favorites are served at the hotel’s restaurant, Kitchen Savvy, which impresses with its casually elegant interior. The restaurant’s large windows offer a good view of the busy city. In the evenings, you can drop by Muse Wine Bar to savor the many wines and spirits from around the world, accompanied by a delectable selection of treats.
Hotel Stage is situated in the heart of one of Hong Kong’s most culturally diverse areas, Kowloon, providing you with an abundance of sights to see and places to visit nearby. Night markets, souvenir shops and fresh-food stalls are all well within reach.
How to Get There
This hotel is in an interesting corner, just the way it is situated. It is close to everything! Easy to get around. Close to busses and underground subway. Also, the night market is ike three blocks away. Restaurants and shops galore. Only two check-in area, but quick check-in as well as very friendly and helpful staff.
When we went into our room, my first thought was actually this is a small room and almost sparse. However, we found all sorts of nooks after looking. The wall slides and there is a closet. The counter slides and there was the sink. A little mini-fridge under the night stand. Little shelf under counter area. Fun exploring! Chargers for your phone and tablet, etc. Two water bottles every day. Table and chair, large television with lots of channels. Hand held control to turn off lights on other night table. Free phone if you wanted to use it. The best shower and pressure ever!
We ate breakfast twice in hotel. Rather pricey, but service was wonderful. This is not a typical European or buffet type breakfast. You order from a set menu-we ordered omelets and then there is an area with rolls, sweets, cereal and fruits you can get in addition to the ordered breakfast. If you want a snack later on, their french fries with truffle mayonnaise was great.
Very impressed! Would definitely stay here again.
When my wife and is stumbled across this hotel on Google last year we thought it would be ok - it's not like you spend all day in your hotel.
But as soon as we arrived it proved to be a wonderful find. We arrived very early (09:00) before check-in and were advised that the room wasn't quite ready yet, to be expected, but got offered an upgrade to a suite for a promotional rate. Turning it down in favour of getting stuck into HK, we were presented with a couple maps, eating recommendations and directs to anything we needed. We were also offered the use of a shower to freshen up!
Returning at midday, hopeful that our room was ready, we were greeted by Andy who swapped us to a room that was ready and organised done welcome drinks and fruit for us.
He has also greeted us every morning with a smile and enquired about our days plans, a true gent and hotelier.
Breakfast has been delicious every morning. We also ate dinner in the restaurant and found the food to be lovely (but a touch pricey).
We will be returning to HK and we will return to Hotel Stage, it's been a perfect start to our honeymoon and helped make our first visit to HK a fantastic experience.
I stayed two nights at The Stage in late April 2019 and found it delightful. Comfortable bed with great shower and nice touches such as coffee maker and free spring water and snacks. Superb cuisine in a pleasant, bright restaurant (delicate pasta, excellent fresh salads, build-you-own breakfasts or get a set). Excellent coffee. Fascinating book room in basement with Chinese classic texts as well as modern art on walls. It's also a coffee shop and a quiet wine bar in the evening.
Helpful and knowledgeable front staff, and a warm welcome. Nice to wander local streets with some good and cheap meals (Buddhist veg restaurant, congee restaurant).
Super convenient to reach via Airport Express to Kowloon Station, then free hotel shuttle (number K1 from Kowloon Station stop). Get off at Eaton Hotel and The Stage is just behind.
It's also close to the MTR. Strongly recommended.
Can't Beat the Location
- a few minutes walk to the subway station where you can make connections to pretty much everywhere in Hong Kong.
- bus stops, a plethora of restaurants, cafes, shops and night market are close by.
- convenient to go to airport via K1 Airport Express Shuttle Bus around the corner or if in a hurry, take a taxi to the Kowloon Airport Express Station where you can check in with most airlines.
Impeccable Customer Service
- all staff from Andy Tam, Room Division Manager to receptionists, to servers in Kitchen Savvy and Muse Wine Bar to Eva in housekeeping are courteous, attentive, ready to
help with luggage, directions, recommendations and whatever.
They always greet you with a warm smile every time you walk in and out.
- check in and check out service are smooth, fast and efficient.
Appreciate the Thoughts Put into the Room Design
- modern, comfortable, functional and good use of space
- multi USB charging Dock; both my husband and I have iPhone, iPads and computer, didn't have to use brought adapters at all.
- comfortable bed and pillows
- smart lighting system and plenty of lights; never like dim-light rooms.
- 2 types of window shades, one to blackout light for better sleep, the other is shaded with outside view still visible.
- a flat screen TV with many channels selection.
- a stationery set with ruler, scissors, pencil and eraser, very thoughtful.
- window is triple paned; can't hear noise from freeway at all.
- toilet and showers are in 2 separate rooms, a nice feature.
- dual massage shower head and good water pressure.
- sliding countertop, a space saver.
- sliding mirrored closet door also serves as a room screen/divider.
Unexpected Pleasant Amenities
- welcome drink for each guest
- welcome fruit plate
- 4 complimentary water each day
- complimentary chocolates
- a small gym 24/7
- lunch at the hotel restaurant Kitchen Savvy once, neither an elaborate menu nor big portion but food was delicious and prepared with creative flair and nicely presented.
- Muse wine Bar in the basement is a unique, cosy addition to Hotel Stage. One section is reserved for local artists to display their artworks; another section is for people to relax and wine with friends/families. The most unusual section is the book gallery which I enjoy most. It has quite a collection of books on old Hong Kong pictures, history and stories which brought back fond memories of my childhood growing up in Hong Kong.
I highly recommend Hotel Stage to anyone going to Hong Kong and will definitely be back.
We loved our stay at Hotel Stage.
The service was incredible. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The amenities are nice as well — from a cell phone to borrow to ample water, we are well taken care of. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, and a great way to start the day. The location was great, with easy access to Tsim Sha Tsui and MTR.
We highly recommend Hotel Stage for anyone considering a visit!