- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at Hotel ICON, you’ll be centrally located in Kowloon, minutes from Hong Kong Museum of History and Hong Kong Coliseum. This 4.5-star hotel is close to Nathan Road and Hung Hom Star Ferry Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 262 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and free minibar items. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 40-inch LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with free international calls.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a 24-hour health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get to nearby shops on the complimentary shuttle.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Kowloon? This hotel has 6135 square feet (570 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Spent 1 night at this hotel on a layover and it was simply amazing, and worth it! Will love to visit hong kong again and spend more time at this hotel. The suites are a paradise, the open shower and bath area with views of the harbour is breathtaking. Our suite was located on the 26th Floor, corner room...so the panoramic views of the harbour was truly an experience.
The rooms are spacious, clean, the perfect temperature and have a beautifully designed bathroom with lots of lovely complimentary toiletries. A filtered water station is available in the bathroom for use: just refill your existing water bottles and avoid plastic wastage! A complimentary mini bar is well stocked with soft drinks and snacks. Our 19 year old son had the room next door with an interconnecting door so didn't feel like he was on his own.
All the staff are friendly and helpful, and a complimentary mini-bus runs frequently from the main door dropping and picking up guests from two different places in Kowloon. You don't need to book in advance although it does get pretty full.
The buffet breakfast was awesome, so much choice, and I can recommend the juicing station!
My wife and I arrived at the hotel and were met at the door by Aron who immediately escorted us to our great room. Once in the suite we were upgraded to, Aron checked us in and showed us the features of the room, what a simple process. The suite we were upgraded to was very nice, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls which looked over the harbor. We took full advantage of having a club room, going to cocktail hour nightly and the breakfast buffet every morning. The staff was very attentive and seemed to truly care about our stay. In passing we informed Aron that we planned on going to Macau the next day, and shortly after he provided us with literature on getting there and things to do, nice touch. The same thing happened with another employee who provided us literature on Victoria Peak, wish I could remember her name. From Aron to bubbly Elly and Hilton at the Above and Beyond lounge, to Candy at the buffet who got me my morning to go coffee every morning this hotel was nothing less than amazing. Service, views, features, all 5 star!
We were in Hong Kong for an extended stopover. I had previously stayed on the island, but the ICON hotel stood out in the reviews so decided to stay in Kowloon. We treated ourselves to a harbour view room - the view is excellent although there are a couple of high rise blocks in the way of a completely clear view. We were upgraded to a suite which was huge!
Things to note - easiest way to get to the hotel is via Airport Express to Kowloon then the K3 shuttle bus. Although Hung Hom is the nearest MTR station, we walked to Tsim Sha Tsui, which is about a 10 minute walk, and on a line which takes you straight to Central (on HK Island). It's also about a 15 minute walk to the Star Ferry.
The hotel is actually a training centre for students in catering and hospitality, so a lot of the staff are quite young, but very professional and friendly. Breakfast was at The Market on the 2nd floor - we also had an evening meal there (15% off if you're staying at Hotel Icon) - both excellent. The mini bar food/drinks are complimentary, and they also gave us a bottle of red wine which we unfortunately did not have the opportunity to drink.
If/when we come back to Hong Kong, we will definitely stay here again.
Overall, my husband and I were really impressed with the design, service and all the extras that Hotel ICON offered while we were there.
- Ease of getting to the hotel (5/5): The hotel has a complimentary Airport Express Shuttle Bus (Route number K3) from the International Airport that runs every 12 minutes and takes around 20 minutes to arrive right at the doorstep of the hotel.
- Location to main spots (5/5): The MTR (train) is an easy 5 min walk from the hotel. There's also a complimentary shuttle service between the hotel, Middle Road and The Sun Arcade (Hong Kong’s main shopping arcade) that runs every 20 - 40 mins daily.
- View (4/5): The skyline view from our ICON 36 City Room was beautiful (please note that the view from your hotel room will depend on your room type). If your room doesn't have the City view, you can enjoy it from their restaurant or rooftop pool which are public areas.
- Room Comfort & Design (5/5): We had a really comfortable king bed in a spacious room with an immaculately clean and modern bathroom.
The mini bar was also complimentary and restocked daily so we were never short on snacks and drinks.
- Handy Phone (5/5): This was a cool bonus that really helped us get around Hong Kong! Our room came with a Handy Phone – a smart device with a 4G network to use when you're exploring the City. You can also use it to make international and free local calls (so you don’t even need to switch on your data roaming or purchase a SIM card to get around).
- Staff & Service (5/5): Staff at Hotel ICON are extremely helpful and the concierge desk will look after everything for you.
The hotel is actually also a training centre for a Hotel Management School which explains why the service here is a really high standard compared to other hotel chains we've stayed at around the area.
- Breakfast (5/5): The Breakfast Buffet here was probably our favourite thing about the hotel! The food here is DIVINE and there is a good a mix of local and continental style dishes.
One of our favourite Hong Kong treats are custard buns and we had more than a fair share of freshly steamed custard buns every breakfast so make sure you don’t miss out on those!
- Swimming Pool & Gym (4/5): The skyline view from the rooftop pool is impressive. The weather was quite humid while we were there so the pool was refreshing, however if you're there during the colder months then the pool is heated too.
The gym also faces the skyline and has basic weights and treadmills.