Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing
What We Love
- The old-fashioned elegance, including the cigar bar and high tea in the foyer, with classical music concerts on Sunday afternoons
- Four top-notch dining options like the Summer Palace (exquisite Chinese) and Aria (innovative Western)
- This is the only hotel in the city center with tennis courts; other active pursuits include yoga, Pilates, dance and tai chi classes
- The friendly, helpful staff, who speak excellent English
- Great central location by the China World Shopping Mall, plus good transport links (the hotel is near subway lines 2 and 10)
- Perks for Horizon Club guests like free morning coffee or tea delivered to your door
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- The gym and pool get busy in the pre- and post-workday hours
- Getting a cab during rush hour can be tricky in this part of town
- Aria and Summer Palace restaurants are very popular with local foodies, so make a reservation ahead of time
- Kids are welcome, but this hotel’s vibe is generally more formal than family-focused
- Free broadband Internet access for all guests
- No spa, but massage services are available
- The hotel was last renovated in 2003
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing, you’ll be centrally located in Beijing, steps from China World Trade Center and minutes from Yintai Centre. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of CCTV Headquarters and Silk Street Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 716 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
A repeat guest at the China World Hotel in Beijing for twenty years, my current stay has been convenient and comfortable. (I have stayed in Beijing at other hotels, which are nice, but I prefer to stay here when it is available.) Philip and Nancy and other leaders in the Horizon Club remember the preferences of guests who've been before and seek to offer the services newcomers require. Taylor and Bruce and Jenny and others have been on the staff, and provide a high level of attention and added pleasantness to my stays. As the staff members are highly recruited elsewhere for the professional quality they learn and exhibit, new staff of high caliber join. Lily and Emma are among the servers and attendants -- in addition to the staff caring for my room -- I am always glad to see when I return. I almost always have special requests in the room, and they immediately make the effort to provide what I've asked for. The last stages of renovations of the older rooms is coming, and I look forward to a new style in the upper floors in a few months.
We spent three nights at this beautiful hotel in Beijing while sightseeing and before a cruise.
This property is very large, quiet and beautiful. The rooms are lovely and quite large with many extras. The staff was very helpful in checking in and out.
Flowers were all fresh and amazing and the whole lobby, sitting areas and rooms were very clean.
No complaints from any of the members of our group. We would gladly visit again.
I just finished a business trip to Beijing and as always I stay in the China World Hotel. The room and the facilities are world class. Everyone in the hotel is helpful and staying in a Horizon Club Room is worth the upgrade. Access to lounge is ideal for meetings. The staff are professional and polite. Jenny Yao the Club Supervisor is always helpful and is a reflection of the quality of the staff and hotel. I highly recommend staying here when you are in Beijing
we had a lovely time at the Horizon Club lounge upon our arrival! Landed in Beijing a few hours ago and we are now settling down and looking forward to organizing our conference in the China World Hotel Beijing!
Hotels in Asia are generally known for excellent service but this one provides one of the best I have encountered. Check-in was a dream: I decided to get a (pretty reasonable 500RMB) pick up from the airport and was met at the arrival gate, guided through immigration, met by a limousine which phoned through the hotel just before arrival where I was met by a member of staff who took me straight to my room and checked me in there. Car to completed check in was about 5 mins.
I ate an excellent breakfast in the Miffy zhou restaurant (I recommend choosing the Chinese breakfast buffet items if you’re willing to experiment as they were delicious) and decided, for the sake of convenience, to eat there again one evening. Service was again excellent (a special mention here to to Zhou JingJing) and the food very reasonably priced for a hotel of this type. Overall highly recommended.