Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing
What We Love
- The old-fashioned elegance, including the cigar bar and high tea in the foyer, with classical music concerts on Sunday afternoons
- Four top-notch dining options like the Summer Palace (exquisite Chinese) and Aria (innovative Western)
- This is the only hotel in the city center with tennis courts; other active pursuits include yoga, Pilates, dance and tai chi classes
- The friendly, helpful staff, who speak excellent English
- Great central location by the China World Shopping Mall, plus good transport links (the hotel is near subway lines 2 and 10)
- Perks for Horizon Club guests like free morning coffee or tea delivered to your door
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- The gym and pool get busy in the pre- and post-workday hours
- Getting a cab during rush hour can be tricky in this part of town
- Aria and Summer Palace restaurants are very popular with local foodies, so make a reservation ahead of time
- Kids are welcome, but this hotel’s vibe is generally more formal than family-focused
- Free broadband Internet access for all guests
- No spa, but massage services are available
- The hotel was last renovated in 2003
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing, you’ll be centrally located in Beijing, steps from China World Trade Center and minutes from Yintai Centre. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of CCTV Headquarters and Silk Street Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 716 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
every little detail was spot on. I am typically stay with another brand, but as a business trip, this was the chosen hotel. What a true display of service, luxury and attention to detail. The executive lounge provided a nice escape from the busy restaurants and cafes along with a diverse food selection. I would definitely recommend for business travelers and don't skip the executive lounge!
Many year ago my travel agent told me to always stay somewhere fabulous on your last night and it would always remind you of a fantastic holiday ... the China World did not disappoint on any level. It was immaculately clean although it is not a new hotel and the maintenance and upkeep was superb. Rooms was large and opulent - beds were bliss - breakfast was incredible and we were made to feel welcome and important. Did I mention the breakfasts ... everything you could possibly wish for or imagine.
On the 1 st evening of my trip in CWH，what impressed most ,spa department NO.97 a nice girl had me relaxed and with her amazingly comfortable service，which was impressive.I am particularly grateful to her for massage service she had done for me ，overjoyed and really appreciated . Outstanding employee and best massage i ’ve ever had .
At the end，sincerely thank for CWH providing the delicious food ,splendid room ,as well as wonderful spa experience.
millions of thanks