Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing
What We Love
- The old-fashioned elegance, including the cigar bar and high tea in the foyer, with classical music concerts on Sunday afternoons
- Four top-notch dining options like the Summer Palace (exquisite Chinese) and Aria (innovative Western)
- This is the only hotel in the city center with tennis courts; other active pursuits include yoga, Pilates, dance and tai chi classes
- The friendly, helpful staff, who speak excellent English
- Great central location by the China World Shopping Mall, plus good transport links (the hotel is near subway lines 2 and 10)
- Perks for Horizon Club guests like free morning coffee or tea delivered to your door
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- The gym and pool get busy in the pre- and post-workday hours
- Getting a cab during rush hour can be tricky in this part of town
- Aria and Summer Palace restaurants are very popular with local foodies, so make a reservation ahead of time
- Kids are welcome, but this hotel’s vibe is generally more formal than family-focused
- Free broadband Internet access for all guests
- No spa, but massage services are available
- The hotel was last renovated in 2003
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing, you’ll be centrally located in Beijing, steps from China World Trade Center and minutes from Yintai Centre. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of CCTV Headquarters and Silk Street Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 716 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
I have been staying at China world hotel for years. True Shangri-La experience means it’s service is the focus of all of their staffs. The team leader from my floor ms. Ruby Fan is a great girl from Beijing, pleasant, considerate and making very guest feel home. The location of the hotel is so central that it is very easy for business. Great food options too.
I got a suite this time and the value of money is great. It’s not my first time staying in this hotel and I like it whenever I have to stay here. Small incident that there were a drunk couple outside of my room speaking loudly at 4am. Otherwise, everything is good
Spent 2 nights here recently. Strange and low ceiling in the lobby area... appreciate the complimentary refreshments and snacks in the lounge while waiting for the room. Room was spacious and well appointed. Cannot understand the slipper location after the night turn down service. Good breakfast with many selections.
This luxury hotel is in a great location for business or pleasure and is definitely my preferred place for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay in Beijing. The lobby is impressive, the rooms are well appointed, the service is very attentive and the food is outstanding. The China World Hotel is highly recommended!
The hotel was easily accessible from the airport and attached to a mall full of designer shops. The lobby is very impressive and makes a bold statement. The housekeeping is very good and service is attentive in all departments. The staff go out of their way to help including with the changing of money at an onsite ATM.
Food and Beverage is varied and both Chinese and International cuisines are available and extensive. The breakfast buffet is massive and you are literally spoilt for choice. The meeting facilities were good and again the catering was of a very high quality.