Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing
What We Love
- The old-fashioned elegance, including the cigar bar and high tea in the foyer, with classical music concerts on Sunday afternoons
- Four top-notch dining options like the Summer Palace (exquisite Chinese) and Aria (innovative Western)
- This is the only hotel in the city center with tennis courts; other active pursuits include yoga, Pilates, dance and tai chi classes
- The friendly, helpful staff, who speak excellent English
- Great central location by the China World Shopping Mall, plus good transport links (the hotel is near subway lines 2 and 10)
- Perks for Horizon Club guests like free morning coffee or tea delivered to your door
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- The gym and pool get busy in the pre- and post-workday hours
- Getting a cab during rush hour can be tricky in this part of town
- Aria and Summer Palace restaurants are very popular with local foodies, so make a reservation ahead of time
- Kids are welcome, but this hotel’s vibe is generally more formal than family-focused
- Free broadband Internet access for all guests
- No spa, but massage services are available
- The hotel was last renovated in 2003
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing, you’ll be centrally located in Beijing, steps from China World Trade Center and minutes from Yintai Centre. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of CCTV Headquarters and Silk Street Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 716 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
This is one of my favorite Hotels in Beijing. Very welcoming and comfortable. The SPA was exceptional and Girl 175 spoke english which made it even better. Was a great relaxing experience. I travel every 3 months to China and i will stay here every time my work is near.
We had 4 nights in this beautiful Hotel. A great way to start our holiday. We chose our tour because it offered Shangrila Hotels all the way. Everything about it was top class. It’s location perfect for shopping. We were attached to a Mall with all the Luxury shops you could possibly need. On the Ground floor/ Basement there were plenty of Cafes to choose from.
Rooms very big and so comfortable. Beds were huge. Decor amazing. Service and staff delightful. I particularly love the Flower arrangements throughout Shangrila. It’s hard to pick a winner. We managed to walk around 13 Klms and took in lots of interesting areas. Beautiful Parks within walking distance.
We loved the Opera Singer in the Lobby. They had a ten piece Orchestra and always a Pianist.
Wonderful, superb service. Reception was happy to accommodate all of our requests, the room was very clean, and the concierge service was very helpful in finding us a ride to a rural area outside of Beijing. In addition, the hotel is attached to the china world mall giving you access to many restaurants, as well as the subway station, making getting around Beijing without having to wait in traffic very easy to do. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Shangri-La China World Hotel!
So I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights. It is a beaautiful hotel, very elegant decor, the rooms are very clean, sharp, and incredibly quiet, as you would expect.
The staff are very professional, clearly well trained, and the standard of english is really high. As an English Teacher in China I have found the standard of english varys from place to place, and even within their own building but, I was very happy with the quality of their front of house staff here.
Now at the price of the room, so increases the room for constructive criticism and critiquing. Now I only have two, and both of them very minor. The first is the reeption touch screens/tablets. Making sure they are calebrated to line up with the pen would be a simple fix. The second is to have something in the room that explains the facilities in the hotel, provide a menu for room service; I am confident in thinking that maybe my room just didn't have it, and it was an oversight.
Overall, I will happily stay there again. There location next to the subway is fantastic, and the mall connected to it, is a very nice place to walk through as well as grab some food
I want to thank Shangrila-la for providing such an excellent massage service. I used Tony who obviously is a fully qualified AAAAA masseuse. I was exhausted and really did not know how I would recover to face the next challenging day of tasks. Tony was very skilled and helped me make a remarkable recovery. Thanks Tony!