Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing
What We Love
- The old-fashioned elegance, including the cigar bar and high tea in the foyer, with classical music concerts on Sunday afternoons
- Four top-notch dining options like the Summer Palace (exquisite Chinese) and Aria (innovative Western)
- This is the only hotel in the city center with tennis courts; other active pursuits include yoga, Pilates, dance and tai chi classes
- The friendly, helpful staff, who speak excellent English
- Great central location by the China World Shopping Mall, plus good transport links (the hotel is near subway lines 2 and 10)
- Perks for Horizon Club guests like free morning coffee or tea delivered to your door
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Expect business travelers
- The gym and pool get busy in the pre- and post-workday hours
- Getting a cab during rush hour can be tricky in this part of town
- Aria and Summer Palace restaurants are very popular with local foodies, so make a reservation ahead of time
- Kids are welcome, but this hotel’s vibe is generally more formal than family-focused
- Free broadband Internet access for all guests
- No spa, but massage services are available
- The hotel was last renovated in 2003
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, Beijing, you’ll be centrally located in Beijing, steps from China World Trade Center and minutes from Yintai Centre. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of CCTV Headquarters and Silk Street Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 716 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
Once entering the hotel lobby, I was so impressive by splendid decorations and strong Christmas festival atmosphere. Staff hospitality is certainly unforgettable. Food and bar are amazing too. Shopping and seeing movies are just under hotel lobby, you don’t need to walk out of hotel to enjoy all conveniences
Stayed here for a week while attending a trade show with Showcase Canada 2018 - Destination Canada. Staff at the hotel spoke enough English to make check in and check out an easy process. Guests are greeted at the door and given directions as needed. Needless to say, as for a five star hotel, it had excellent and friendly service, and is what you would expect for the cost of staying there. The hotel is connected to a mall which makes shopping easy. Only recommendation is that the hotel have an ATM machine on site. There is one in the mall, but it took sometime to actually locate. Otherwise, excellent place to stay and highly recommend.
First time to stay here, will definitely be back. Blown away by level of service and attention to detail. Premier King room is perfect for my needs. Great location.
A special mention for Jason in Horizon lounge.
I was stayed in China world hotel so many times.it was my second home!everthing was perfect.no mater hotel room but also the service.they said I was family members.thanks to Rebecca Nancy Senna Linda Jason
The suite's contemporary decor, great service by the staff, and access to the comfortable Horizon Club lounge made for a relaxing experience in the heart of busy Beijing. One oversight that could have been addressed by the hotel is to alert us in advance about the construction taking place on the top floors of the hotel. The noise level early in the morning was disruptive. The excellent service provided by the staff made for a great stay nonetheless. Special thanks to the Horizon Club's team (Philip, Lucy, Seanna, Jason and Krystal) for their attentive service, and also Alfred from the Concierge desk for arranging the car service to the Great Wall. Keep up the great job!