Gracie Art Hotel 798
What We Love
- The location in the heart of the trendy 798 district
- Unique decor that hits the sweet spot between contemporary and traditional Chinese
- An insiders guide in every room, highlighting the month’s must-see art shows
- Rotating exhibitions in the lobby
- Yi House, the modern bistro and bar offering some of 798’s top cuisine
- Rub elbows with the artistic elite at the bar, which has a selection of fine cocktails
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- The hotel was last renovated in February 2011
- It’s a 20- to 30-minute drive to Beijing’s main sights, such as the Forbidden City
- Most galleries close at 6 p.m.
- The gym is small, but it’s open 24 hours
- Best for couples — some rooms have glass-walled bathrooms
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Gracie Art Hotel (798 Art District) places you in the heart of Beijing, steps from 798 Space and close to Lady Street. This 4-star hotel is within the vicinity of National Agricultural Exhibition Center and Chaoyang Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 24 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Satellite television is provided for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and coffee/tea makers.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a 24-hour fitness center or take in the view from a garden.
Take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, multilingual staff, and an elevator (lift).
How to Get There
Gem boutique hotel in the art district. Super friendly staff, always with a smile. Amazing food. Quiet. Five minute walk from art galleries and shops. Clean. Highly recommend it for leisure or business stays in Beijing.
This was an interesting hotel as it used to be an industrial building and has been converted. My room was large and had high ceilings. It had a good size ensuite bathroom, tea and coffee facilities and on the first evening they provided a small bottle of wine and some fruit. The foyer is nice and spacious too. The best thing about the hotel is that it is in a very arty area. When I was there I was right next to the venue for Beijing Fashion Week and all the models and artists were nearby. The breakfast was a little spartan but maybe it was because I wasn't the first to get there so a lot of things had been eaten. Also the hotel mentioned that room service is available but there is no menu and really you have to go to the restaurant to order anything. But it was all fine and clean and I would stay again.
Beijing is a big city so it is always difficult to judge if the location is convenient or not. But if you want to visit Beijing 798 art district, this would be the perfect place to stay as it is located exactly there.
The room is clean and charming, it is quiet at night but save . What makes me continue to stay @ Grace is not only for my work purpose but also their excellence customer services - their staffs are not only polite but understand your needs and provide "customized" services that you feel much taken care.
Free Breakfast is provided in buffet style and their lunch / dinner menu has good choices of western cuisines which are nicely done and presented (price is mid range).
The room rate depends on how you compare - comparing "local" hotel, Grace is a little bit more expensive but their services and total experience is a lot better.
Caveat is that it is near one of the popular exhibition venue so once a while it could be packed with lots of people outside and the security for the entrance could be a bit hassle.
It is also near to one of the famous mall - indigo...