Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp Resort All Inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, soft drinks and house wine, beer and spirits, in-room mini bar, one entry to the Opium Museum per person, per stay, round-trip transfers to/from Chiang Rai Airport and one activity per person, per day (choose from a spa treatment, elephant camp experience, three country tour or cooking class)
- The remote but magnificent Golden Triangle location
- Reliable service from the English-speaking staff, many of whom have worked here since the opening
- The spa’s signature treatment using wild honey and fresh pumpkin
- Family-friendly, a rarity in this region
- An elephant ride through the jungle on one of the resort’s 24 resident pachyderms
What To Know
- The airport is about 46 miles away (an hour’s drive)
- Free WiFi seems slow to those who are used to urban hotels
- Elephant rides and excursions are extra; the resort takes safety seriously, and a professional driver will be with you during excursions
- Winter evenings can be chilly; pack a shawl or sweater. For traveling in the summer, bring a jacket for the daily rains
- Please note there is a compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner on 24 December 2014 and a compulsory New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner on 31 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over these dates. Prices per adult or child (aged 4 to 11) for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner are $107. Prices per adult or child for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner are $168. All prices are subject to 17.7 percent tax and service charge and will be collected at the hotel.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Anantara Resort Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle), you’ll be minutes from Hall of Opium. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Chiang Saen National Museum and Wat Chedi Luang.
Make yourself at home in one of the 63 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I went during rainy season so the lace was not that crowded, which I like. They upgraded me to an incredible suite that had a pool size bathtub and overlooked the pool and tha acres of land leading to the riversehr Thailand, Laos and Mynamar meet. They welcomed me back as family and remembered things I loved like passion fruit. The pool is spectacular much of it over 8 feet deep, it also has a jacuzzi. I was on an all inclusive package so all my meals, snacks, drink at the bar and activities were included. This includes pick up at the airport in a vehicle that is packed with local juices and snacks.
As I have been here before and hung out with the elephants, this time I did the experience where I rode an elephant bareback to the river. This was both thrilling and scary. You have a guide an Mahout with you the whole time. I then had a 90 minute massage and facial that were incredible. But the highlight was my third adventure. Again because there were not alot of people there I think I got something unique. The head chef took me into town to go to the local market. He explained some of the exotic stuff on display and picked up some ingredients we were going to use later. We the stopped at a local persons vegetable garden and this women prepared me an incredible breakfast that included a soup course and noodles. She was cooking over a wood fire pit and made this incredible bread to also eat. I met up with the chef after an hours rest and they have a kitchen used to teach people how to make thai food. I had a three course meal including soup,noodles and curry that were great. It was also served with a wonderful white wine. As I said all meals are included. I choose to eat my dinners in the fancy Italian place and had incredible steaks and lamb chops with great wine to pair. The even do a tableside banana flambe for dessert.
The views from everywhere are incredible from mountains to rivers to seeing elhants wandering the land.
Airport pick up, hotel welcome and check in all quick friendly and efficient. Our rooms were as expected with good quality facilities and with a great view over the reserve. The food and service was of a consistently high standard found across the Anantara resorts. The real focus of the trip was the interaction with the elephants which really makes this a standout location. We chose to add extras such as the boat and elephant arrival service, the sunset hill trek and the river walk. The elephants, nealry all rescued from bad environments, are clearly very well treated and get to live happy lives. They are exercised and not worked. Riding the elephants and particularly bathing with them in the Mekong is a once in a lifetime experience. The hotel is not cheap, as a result. The prices are atvthe higher end of what I would consider a value spectrum but the all-in package and incredible elephant interactions make this justifiable.
Korp kun kha Anantara Golden Triangle for the wonderful experience! Thank you all at the Hotel and thank you to Nissa, to Vet n.2 (sorry I did not catch your name! ) and to the Mahouts that take special care of the beautiful friendly giants!
During our car journey to Chiang Mai today I was trying to find anything that could be signalled as not entirely positive but I could not find any!
A really nice breakfast with all the necessary variety and lots of great fresh fruit juices.
For lunch and dinner we chose the Thai cuisine restaurant and it was great, really top quality.
Staff: we could not ask for more in terms of politeness and efficiency.
SPA: signature Anantara trait! Try to fit it in the timetable because you will not regret it.
Elephant experiences: just WOW! To be able to get so close to these lovely animals is amazing!
if I may say and suggest to those reading, remember to book the activities as soon as you make the hotel reservation and try and fit in an additional experience. We went for the Sunset trekking with the elephants and will never forget it but thinking back I would have added a 3rd night to be able to try the Mahout and elephant river bathing experience.
Room: nothing to say! Plenty of space and all the amenities you think you may need are there. Beautiful view even if we did not overlook the pool.
Last but not least, I asked Anantara to arrange our car transfer to Chiang Mai and it was totally worth it. A private van, refreshments, cold towels, WI-FI (which if you have kids will make the long journey inevitably easier) and two sightseeing stops totally justify the higher cost if compared to a regular private taxi.
If travelling to Thailand this should be a must on the “to do list” !
Laa gòon, hope we get the chance to come back one day! (Cavallotti Family)