Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp Resort All Inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, soft drinks and house wine, beer and spirits, in-room mini bar, one entry to the Opium Museum per person, per stay, round-trip transfers to/from Chiang Rai Airport and one activity per person, per day (choose from a spa treatment, elephant camp experience, three country tour or cooking class)
- The remote but magnificent Golden Triangle location
- Reliable service from the English-speaking staff, many of whom have worked here since the opening
- The spa’s signature treatment using wild honey and fresh pumpkin
- Family-friendly, a rarity in this region
- An elephant ride through the jungle on one of the resort’s 24 resident pachyderms
What To Know
- The airport is about 46 miles away (an hour’s drive)
- Free WiFi seems slow to those who are used to urban hotels
- Elephant rides and excursions are extra; the resort takes safety seriously, and a professional driver will be with you during excursions
- Winter evenings can be chilly; pack a shawl or sweater. For traveling in the summer, bring a jacket for the daily rains
- Please note there is a compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner on 24 December 2014 and a compulsory New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner on 31 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over these dates. Prices per adult or child (aged 4 to 11) for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner are $107. Prices per adult or child for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner are $168. All prices are subject to 17.7 percent tax and service charge and will be collected at the hotel.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Anantara Resort Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle), you’ll be minutes from Hall of Opium. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Chiang Saen National Museum and Wat Chedi Luang.
Make yourself at home in one of the 63 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I just recently completed my third visit to Anantara Golden Triangle. It is a magical place with extraordinary staff, food, and activities that include your choices of wonderful experiences with elephants, a beautiful fitness facility, spa, cooking class, beautiful grounds to explore, a swimming pool with a view to take your breath away, trips to surrounding sites. It is truly a place that must be seen and experienced because I am always left speechless when I try to put into word the joy I always feel when I'm there.
This is a great hotel! The service was amazing the views beautiful, and the room was very large with a great bathroom and space! The activities with the elephants are amazing a once in a lifetime experience and the chance to learn and have fun!!
If you are looking for the place for the relaxing and feeling of luxurious. This is the most recommended resort in Chiang Saen, Chaing Rai. All the staffs are well-trained, informative, friendly and nice talk. Special thanks to Khun Tuk, Net, Mew as well as Singh for your hospitality :).
My daughter arrived unwell at the resort. Tuk helped my daughter to our beautiful room and looked after her until I got there. Aom and a driver took us to the hospital. Aom stayed with us the whole time, some two and half hours, translated what the local doctor had to say. Also the staff were extremely caring. While my daughter was recovering Jack & Tuk made recommendations of what food would help my daughter feel better. We enjoyed the delicious food and I enjoyed some of the wines. The views were beautiful and it was relaxing to be by the swimming pool. Had an amazing time with the elephants, can’t wait to return, I also liked the local museum and river views.
We stayed at the Anantara Golden Triangle for five nights and had a really enjoyable experience. The interaction with the elephants was nice but actually everything about the hotel was exemplary, the food, the room, the view, and most of all the service.
Whilst I would love to name each individual member of staff to thank them for having made our stay more enjoyable there's too many because it was everyone! Everyone was attentive, helpful and always with a smile, the staff in the restaurant, housekeeping, the bar, even the chef provided personal attention.
I was concerned with all inclusive for 5 nights that I would get bored of the food but there was a lot of choice, and the food was to a very high standard, lovingly prepared and beautifully presented. Whilst we didn't need to repeat dishes some things were just too delicious not to have again!
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a peaceful and relaxing sanctuary not only for the elephants but for us humans escaping the noise and stress of the city.