Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp Resort All Inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, soft drinks and house wine, beer and spirits, in-room mini bar, one entry to the Opium Museum per person, per stay, round-trip transfers to/from Chiang Rai Airport and one activity per person, per day (choose from a spa treatment, elephant camp experience, three country tour or cooking class)
- The remote but magnificent Golden Triangle location
- Reliable service from the English-speaking staff, many of whom have worked here since the opening
- The spa’s signature treatment using wild honey and fresh pumpkin
- Family-friendly, a rarity in this region
- An elephant ride through the jungle on one of the resort’s 24 resident pachyderms
What To Know
- The airport is about 46 miles away (an hour’s drive)
- Free WiFi seems slow to those who are used to urban hotels
- Elephant rides and excursions are extra; the resort takes safety seriously, and a professional driver will be with you during excursions
- Winter evenings can be chilly; pack a shawl or sweater. For traveling in the summer, bring a jacket for the daily rains
- Please note there is a compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner on 24 December 2014 and a compulsory New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner on 31 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over these dates. Prices per adult or child (aged 4 to 11) for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner are $107. Prices per adult or child for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner are $168. All prices are subject to 17.7 percent tax and service charge and will be collected at the hotel.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Anantara Resort Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle), you’ll be minutes from Hall of Opium. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Chiang Saen National Museum and Wat Chedi Luang.
Make yourself at home in one of the 63 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This was an amazing stay in one of the nicest hotels I've ever been to. Not only did we get to spend time with the elephants which is very personal and up close experience, but we also visited 3 countries in a day.
However it is not only those experiences that make this hotel great. The service you receive from every member of staff was out of this world!!!! They are the best staff I have ever experienced in a hotel or anywhere for that matter. Nothing is too much trouble.
I would suggest anyone going there takes the discovery package as it's all inclusive and you get the activities thrown in as well.
We only did a short break there but I wish I was the for much longer! Thank you anantara!!
Wonderful location, great opportunity to learn more about elephants, fabulous food, first class facilities. Exceptional service. Plenty of activities on the resort plus nearby excursions to Burma and elsewhere. Warm but not hot the pool is lovely.
A friend and I planned this trip for our 50th birthdays. We wanted to experience something different. We did travel around Thailand but this resort was the highlight of the trip!
Hospitality and warm welcome was above all. It started with our driver that picked us up from the airport in Chiang Rai, then Tan was our first contact in the hotel. Anytime he saw us throughout our stay he would ask us if we needed anything. He even found us near the end of our stay to say good bye because he was not working the next day. Everyone working here was wonderful. No complaints. They all made us feel special.
The suite was beautiful. The view of the jungle and beautiful sounds was like no other.
Food was amazing. The inclusions and excursions were all great.
Now the reason we booked here was the elephants! Loved spending time with them. Loved hearing them from our room. We went for walks around the grounds everyday just to run into an elephant and their mahout. We got to know each elephant here and their personalities. If we were to do anything differently on this trip it would have been to spend more time here.
The resort and foundation do wonderful things for these elephants and their mahout families.
We are definitely gong back one day.
This hotel was more than we expected!! I was a little concerned about the elephant encounter since I was conflicted about supporting any possibility of using the elephant for entertainment. However, we were all very impressed with the work being done at the sanctuary to educate and rescue elephants adopted from various situations of neglect and abuse. If you can afford to add private dining with the elephants this allows for several hours of direct contact with the elephants and the dinner was pretty amazing too!!! The accommodations were exceptional our family suite offering great amenities and the view was spectacular. The bath products were exceptional, but sadly not for sale. The food was fantastic and the staff beyond friendly. San was awesome, thank you. The spa treatments were spectacular as was the walk with the elephants. We were excited for our excursion to Myanmar and Laos but sadly that was very disappointing. Myanmar was scary and I would highly recommend skipping this all together, we decided not to stop in Laos since the visit was really just an Island off Laos and was just to shop( we had enough of the souvenir, sketchy shopping). Otherwise this property did not disappoint and was truly spectacular. I would highly recommend.
Loved this experience. We stayed for 3 nights in the middle of a busy travel schedule so it was a perfect place to relax and be pampered. All the experiences we selected were fabulous. The food was great. The staff all wonderful. Was amazing to wake up to the sound of elephants and this incredible view every day.