Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp Resort All Inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, soft drinks and house wine, beer and spirits, in-room mini bar, one entry to the Opium Museum per person, per stay, round-trip transfers to/from Chiang Rai Airport and one activity per person, per day (choose from a spa treatment, elephant camp experience, three country tour or cooking class)
- The remote but magnificent Golden Triangle location
- Reliable service from the English-speaking staff, many of whom have worked here since the opening
- The spa’s signature treatment using wild honey and fresh pumpkin
- Family-friendly, a rarity in this region
- An elephant ride through the jungle on one of the resort’s 24 resident pachyderms
What To Know
- The airport is about 46 miles away (an hour’s drive)
- Free WiFi seems slow to those who are used to urban hotels
- Elephant rides and excursions are extra; the resort takes safety seriously, and a professional driver will be with you during excursions
- Winter evenings can be chilly; pack a shawl or sweater. For traveling in the summer, bring a jacket for the daily rains
- Please note there is a compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner on 24 December 2014 and a compulsory New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner on 31 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over these dates. Prices per adult or child (aged 4 to 11) for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner are $107. Prices per adult or child for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner are $168. All prices are subject to 17.7 percent tax and service charge and will be collected at the hotel.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Anantara Resort Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle), you’ll be minutes from Hall of Opium. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Chiang Saen National Museum and Wat Chedi Luang.
Make yourself at home in one of the 63 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I cannot recommend the Anantara Golden Triangle enough.
Out of all the hotels and destinations I have visited in the past 50 years this is in my top 3.
Whilst it was an All Inclusive package, which we normally avoid, the breakfasts, lunches and dinners were of high Cuisine standard as were the selection of drinks, both alcoholic and non- alcoholic.
The hotel is located in a jungle with views to Myanmar and Laos.
The staff are exceptional and are always available and ready to deliver outstanding service. In fact after day 1, they knew our names and food and beverage preferences.
Breakfast can be served to you and such a choice. The Italian restaurant is outstanding and there are soft drinks and snacks available either by the large swimming pool or in the shade by the lounge.
Over the road is the Opium Museum which is a story so well told you should not miss it and free tickets are available from reception.
But if all this wasn't enough there is the Elephant Experiences, just choose which one suits. We did the 7am Walking with Giants as the weather is cooler then and as breakfast starts at 6:30 we grabbed a coffee, then had a full breakfast after our 90 minute walk, fantastic and unforgettable.
I spend my anniversary to stay this hotel, all the environment and facilities are wonderful and peaceful for us , the staff I met are always helpful during my stay! Especially Kanjana and Athip are good service in restaurant! Moreover, Mai and Mint are also very aggressive in service !
All of them bring us an unforgettable stay !!
Our honeymoon could not have been better. Thailand was for both of us the destination to go and a friend came up with the Resort. From the very beginning communication was quick and their English professional. We already know, during our time here we will be in good hands.
Their concept is based on jungle feeling and mix of history and modern design. We loved our room. View wise most of the rooms go out to the camp. It's like a lookout. Some day trips were included, but what we enjoyed most was the relaxed atmosphere. The spa which was included was used daily. Good massages, the pools were amazing.
Food, I cannot complain. Throughout the day there was always someone preparing snacks, drinks. We could move here ;)
Conclusion, ********* I'd give as many stars as possible for our time here. Thailand has been beautiful and I'm sure we will come again.