Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp Resort All Inclusive
What We Love
- The Jetsetter rate includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, soft drinks and house wine, beer and spirits, in-room mini bar, one entry to the Opium Museum per person, per stay, round-trip transfers to/from Chiang Rai Airport and one activity per person, per day (choose from a spa treatment, elephant camp experience, three country tour or cooking class)
- The remote but magnificent Golden Triangle location
- Reliable service from the English-speaking staff, many of whom have worked here since the opening
- The spa’s signature treatment using wild honey and fresh pumpkin
- Family-friendly, a rarity in this region
- An elephant ride through the jungle on one of the resort’s 24 resident pachyderms
What To Know
- The airport is about 46 miles away (an hour’s drive)
- Free WiFi seems slow to those who are used to urban hotels
- Elephant rides and excursions are extra; the resort takes safety seriously, and a professional driver will be with you during excursions
- Winter evenings can be chilly; pack a shawl or sweater. For traveling in the summer, bring a jacket for the daily rains
- Please note there is a compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner on 24 December 2014 and a compulsory New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner on 31 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over these dates. Prices per adult or child (aged 4 to 11) for the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner are $107. Prices per adult or child for the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner are $168. All prices are subject to 17.7 percent tax and service charge and will be collected at the hotel.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Anantara Resort Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle), you’ll be minutes from Hall of Opium. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Chiang Saen National Museum and Wat Chedi Luang.
Make yourself at home in one of the 63 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We do not usually write on forums but this place is an exception! My Wife and I have been planning to come for here for a while now. The moment we got here we were treated like royals. We were picked up at the airport, the vehicle had some snacks and drinking water for us to enjoy the ride.
Whilst we were checking in we were told about all of our activities and itinerary over the next days whilst getting a mini massage! Throughout the stay we had lovely spa massages and enjoyed our once in a life time experience with the elephants. We tried the Italian and Thai food available and both were absolutely delicious. The homemade passionfruit jam was to die for!
The staff were amazing. All of those that we encountered throughout the hotel were smiling, greeted us and asked us how we were today, we felt like we were at our home. A special mention to one of the managers Mark who met us at breakfast and checked how our stay was going on a daily basis.
This place is a dream come true. Thank you for the best holiday ever!
This is our second time at this resort. We had a fantastic time five years ago and decided to return with our youngest daughter.
The hotel is infinitely picturesque. The views from the room balcony overlook the nations of Myanmar and Laos and of course Thailand. Some mornings, when the clouds are low over the Laos mountains, the word beauty becomes an understatement.
The rooms are good with a nice huge bath. The highlight is the balcony with its stunning views. A really nice place to lounge.
Food at the resort is a tad limited but above average. We stuck to the Thai food though the girls enjoyed their pizza meals.
Service staff are attentive and friendly without overdoing it and were generally helpful.
Another highlight is the Elephant camp. This is a sanctuary for elephants and the kids were allowed to feed the elephants, which they really enjoyed.
This is well worth a stay at least once.
(Will update pics asap.)
We just finished a two night stay at the resort. From start to finish it was an absolutely incredible experience. From the picturesque scenery, the top notch service, the well appointed rooms, the delicious assortment of food, to the unique excursions. Everything about the stay was incredible. A very memorable experience for our family. Most notable were Tuk who coordinated our stay. She truly is great at customer service. So helpful and accommodating. Also, Wee our tour guide for the Golden Triangle tour was the best guide we have had on the many trips we have done. He is knowledgeable, entertaining and very patient! In addition, Boon, our driver for the excursions and transfers was terrific. I have done many vacations and stayed at some amazing places and I have never done a review. The Anantara Golden Triangke Resort is definitely not to be missed if you are heading to Thailand.
A most extraordinary experience! The setting, the hospitality, the food and most especially the Elephants! The trip of a lifetime!!
Food was top notch. The service was impeccable. The rooms were beautiful. The river experience is not to be missed. The Walk with Giants was incredible. To see the different personalities of each elephant. A tropical paradise!!!!
I had family trip here. To be honest, this was really amazing place even I arrive late night but the service is the best of the best (as always)
We spent most of the time in the resort which you can't even imagine how big it's. Even it's hot at those time we were there but it' wasn't really a problem for us.
My room was super cool especially when you woke up with the morning fog, elephants parade with Mahouts and the sunrise just in front of your eyes just like a painting picture from website but it's touchable and realistic at those moment.
So many activities to do in this resorts and it's not so far from Golden Triangle and all those market. You also have the selections of day trip or elephant adventure (suggest to try as they freely let elephants and well treated)
I can feel it will be much more special during the end / beginning of the year with the weather. Sure! I will turn back their again.
Note: Staff was super nice, politely and helpful. They do remember your room number and make belated birthday cake for my boyfriend as well.