What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- A natural vibe, created with the arched bamboo entryway and the gorgeous 200-year-old tamarind tree
- The sanctuary-like feel — even in the heart of Chiang Mai
- Breakfast is served at the open-air restaurant overlooking the pool
- Courtyards to daydream in, lit by candles at night
What To Know
- There is a two-night minimum stay
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected upon checkout from Jetsetter
- Better for couples — a little too snug for families
- Located on the city’s most touristy street
- The shallow pool is more for wading than actual swimming
- WiFi can be spotty, and there are no iPod docks
- This is a small boutique property; those looking for five-star luxury and amenities should book elsewhere
- From May 15 and June 30, 2015 and from September 1 – October 31, 2015 renovation work will be taking place in certain areas of the hotel. Please see the details section for more information.
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Tamarind Village, you’ll be centrally located in Chiang Mai, minutes from Pratat Chedi Luang Temple and Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Sunday Walking Street Market and Tha Phae Gate.
Make yourself at home in one of the 45 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
We stayed as a family here for four nights. It really is a lovely tranquil place with the hustle and bustle of Chiang Mai old town just outside the gates. The staff are wonderfully attentive and cheerful. The food is excellent and the rooms are clean and cool. We did have a bit of a problem sleeping at nights as out the back of our room a pack of dogs seemed to have set up camp in the neighbouring property and persisted in barking and howling most of the night. This didn’t however detract from our enjoyment staying in this lovely hotel and wonderful city. Location wise most attractions are in walking distance and the huge Sunday night market is quite literally outside the front door. I can thoroughly recommend a stay here.
We paid HKD994 a night - very good value for money considering location. We stayed a few nights here then a few nights another hotel near Ping river.
Location - you can’t beat it, right in heart of old town, you can walk out into the Sunday night market. This is the best night market I’ve been to in Asia. Its huge! And varied. With no one trying to rip you off.
Room - trade off with location. A little cramped for two people. Can be noisy at night (dogs). Upper floor rooms even more cramped before we changed to a lower floor.
Pool - nice courtyard pool, large enough for lengths, closed off.
Spa - one of best massages I’ve had in Asia. Second only to Jari Menari in Bali.
Breakfast - lovely interior room, great variety of western options. Shame lack of baked beans though!
Extras - daily cultural activity for hotel staff (usually crafts), daily walking tour.
Service - excellent, particularly helpful with the room change.
What a lovely relaxing and peaceful place to stay. The staff were welcoming, helpful and just lovely. The breakfast was really enjoyable. A quiet retreat in this busy town. The markets are great to visit and there is a good range of trips available to book through the hotel.