137 Pillars House
What We Love
- Daily breakfast and free soft drinks and beers from the minibar (replenished daily) are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Quiet neighborhood that still has plenty of dining and shopping options
- Airy, colonial-style rooms with private verandas and big bathrooms
- Spot-on, discreet service
- Excellent à la carte breakfasts — order the eggs Florentine
- A 50-foot vertical garden that shields the pool from prying eyes
What To Know
- Ask the staff to help you negotiate the price of a tuk-tuk ride before you get in
- Bring repellant — the forested location means lots of mosquitoes
- It’s a 10-minute drive to the center of town, 30 minutes if traffic is bad
- Take care when walking — nearby streets have no sidewalks
- Though equipped with the latest gear, the gym is tiny
- There is a compulsory Christmas Eve Dinner on 24 December 2014, for all resort guests booked over this date, priced at THB 3, 500 per person. There is also a compulsory New Year’s Eve Dinner on 31 December 2014, priced at THB 9,400 per person.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at 137 Pillars House, you’ll be centrally located in Chiang Mai, steps from Wat Gatekaram and minutes from Warorot Market. This 5-star hotel is close to Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center and Chiang Mai National Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 30 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers are provided.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, a steam room, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
My wife and I stayed at 137 for three nights. The service and staff was impeccable and extended our expectations by far. We had a butler assigned to us, Toto. Toto was amazing and so very helpful! He gave us many amazing recommendations around the area, helped with taxi services, as well as assisting with the language and helping us find a perfect gift for the family we visited to cook a Thai dinner with.
137 has an amazing bar, which was definitely our favorite. The room was always clean and we enjoyed the outdoor patio area and outdoor shower! This hotel was our favorite along our trip in Thailand. We will definitely come back in the future!
And excellent service! The room comes with a butler, who helped me with myriad requests (everything from airport transfer to restaurant recs). This is a beautiful boutique hotel in a great city. I can't wait to visit again.
Amazing property hidden in the city of Chiang Mai with a lot of old big trees. Room is nicely decorated. Food are top rated (even compare to Bangkok top restaurant). Services are impeccable and prompt. Over 100 year old house in the middle of the property is a final impressive touch of the property
I thoroughly enjoyed going to dinner here with a group of 100!!! Yes, they can handle a group that big.
The venue is worth the visit. Wow, what a history this "resort" has in Chiang Mai. The food was very good, not outstanding but a very pleasant meal in spectacular soroundings. I would definitely come back, but more for the overall experience than the food (which EAD good). The venue is special and the food is a good value overall. So give it a try!!!
We recently stayed 3 nights in top suite. From the moment we arrived the staff treated us very well. Special mention to our butlers Pui and Ray. Both were outstanding. Pui found us perfect restaurant for Bastille Day lunch. Ray unpacked bags
William mixed great cocktails in the evening. This hotel is just a short ride from night market.