Cretan Pearl Resort & Spa
What We Love
- An all-inclusive stay at a blissful Crete spa resort overlooking the seaSpending many an hour at the sprawling spa
- The beautiful sea views from the resort
- Admiring the scenic Venetian harbor and cobbled streets of Chania
What To Know
- Located about 20 minutes (just over a mile) from the beach
- The onsite restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine with Greek and Cretan specialties
- The closest airport is Chania
- Free WiFi and onsite parking are provided
A jewel in Crete’s crown, Cretan Pearl Resort & Spa is situated along a scenic and rocky stretch of shore, just under two miles from the beach made famous by the film Zorba the Greek. Given a rejuvenating facelift in 2015, rooms here have been transformed into havens of minimalist luxury, beautifully presented in tasteful, neutral color schemes.
A full range of cosmetic and aesthetic treatments are on offer at the sprawling Ayus Spa, where you can book yourself in for a bit of pampering. With two seawater swimming pools on hand, you’ll won’t even need to venture down to the beach if you prefer to soak up the views from a sun lounger, within a cocktail umbrella’s length of Eros poolside bar.
How to Get There
We had a great break at Mr &Mrs White. The hotel lobby area and bar is a great place to spend time with a lovely view over the terrace and through to the sea.
We had a lovely large room with a large balcony that had a sea view. The room and parts of the hotel are started to show signs of wear tear and are in need of updating.
The pool area is nice but again needs some work, the staff work very hard and most are friendly. The barman George makes great cocktails, they might be a little more expensive than you are used to paying on holiday but the quality is good.
It’s not a 5 star hotel, it is nearer a 3 star hotel but even with that rating the food was way below par. I’ve eaten hotel food in many countries and this was so bad it was a joke among all the customers there.
We ate out a number of occasions it was so bad.
We took the bus from outside the hotel to Chania a couple of times which is beautiful with lots of restaurants bars and shop based around the venietian harbour.
The beach at Stavros is walkable in about 30 minutes or the shuttle bus provided by the hotel is good. The beach is beautiful and the sea warm and calm. Well worth a visit.
We came for a relaxing break to just get away and got exactly that. We had a lovely stay.
We fortunately got upgraded to the ‘swim-up’ pool room on arrival which was great. The room was spacious and clean and tidy.
The number of rooms with separate pools meant the two main pools were never crowded!
The food here is absolutely fine, nothing extravagant but lots of choice each day and what you expect from buffet style.
The hotel is in a remote location so perfect for getting away from it all. The hotel offers a bus service to the beach each day and we found a great spot just off the main Stavros beach.
I think that because the hotel is listed as a 5* means peoples expectations are very high (hence the other reviews) but given the nightly costs you get what you pay for!
We had a lovely time.
This is NOT 5 star. They would do themselves a lot of favours by advertising themselves as a very good 3 start hotel, however they are just creating themselves an issue by advertising at a 5star level as they set expectations high. Either lower your star rating or significantly improve the resort AND your level of service.
I won’t be returning
- TERRIBLE food (salad bar mediocre but the rest of it is horrible)
- Mattresses on the bed that gave me and my partner back pain for 2 week whilst on holiday and 2 weeks when we returned
- Main pool is dirty and poorly maintained
- Service at the front desk is poor, either under staffed or no staff
- The shower in our room didn’t drain so we had to shower with our feet in a pool of water
- Our private swim up pool WAS NOT that. Constantly attended by people staying in other hotel rooms far from our room
- The bar was under staffed
- Good car parking
- Nice terrace in the evening
- Games and a good eclectic choice of music (they ask all guests for 2 song choices to help mix it up)
- Nice indoor pool area