Sunriver Resort – Destination Hotels
What We Love
- Guests have access to Sage Springs Club & Spa and guaranteed advanced tee times at four golf courses (seasonally)
- The resort has access to miles of hiking trails and is a short shuttle ride away from skiing at Mount Bachelor
- Fido-friendly offerings, including designated pet sitters and rooms
- Rooms were renovated in 2014
What To Know
- The pools, bars and some rooms at the resort are currently under renovation and will re-open in May 2015; in the meantime, drinks are still served in the restaurants
- Although the resort is three hours from the nearest international airport, it has its own private airstrip
- Most bars in Sunriver close early
- It's best to book outdoor activities in advance
- Pets are permitted at an additional cost of $75 per stay
- A 15 percent resort fee per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Sunriver Resort is a family-friendly escape in Central Oregon’s Cascade backcountry, and it packs a whole lot of fun into its 3,300 wooded acres, including two swimming pools, 26 tennis courts, four golf courses, seven restaurants and bars and a full-service spa. Guestrooms have pitched wooden ceilings and private balconies, and stone gas fireplaces keep things cozy. The expansive resort has a Fort Funnigan’s children’s program, where little ones three to 10 can partake in arts and crafts and day trips to the nature center. But if you want the whole gang to stick together, explore the great outdoors by renting wheels from the Bike Barn and pedaling the resort’s 35 miles of winding trails during the summer or drive less than a mile to Sunriver Homeowners Aquatic & Recreation Center, which has a lazy river, two water slides, an outdoor adult hot tub, playground and more (this facility is free for Sunriver Resort guests). Elsewhere, there are seven on-site restaurants to choose from, including an Italian bistro offering wood-fired pizzas, a fine-dining restaurant with an emphasis on homegrown cuisine and an alfresco beer garden with pub grub and more than a dozen craft brews on tap.
In the Area
Located in the pinewood base of the Cascade Mountains, Sunriver is a quiet riverside town that comes alive during the summer and winter seasons when its mountain trails are in full swing. From December to early April, the 71 runs at Mount Bachelor are a flurry of activity. Resort guests can ride to and from the mountain via a shuttle service at a discounted price. Afterward, soothe your achy muscles with a signature treatment at Sage Springs Spa — the 100-minute Sun Down includes a nourishing body wrap followed by a sleep-inducing hot stone massage. Sunriver manages 63 holes at four award-winning golf courses, two of which are private and grant exclusive access for resort guests. Play all nine holes at the family-friendly Caldera, or for a more scenic game, arrange preferred tee times at Crosswater, which spans 600 acres of forest and preserved wetlands. The vast Deschutes territory is as majestic by day as it is at night — get a glimpse at binary stars, globular clusters and, if the timing’s right, a meteor shower at the Oregon Observatory.
How to Get There
This was our third visit to Suneiver and We had another fabulous vacation here, where we enjoyed swimming, biking, horseback riding, great food, friendly people, the scenery was stunning, perfect for relaxing, we will be back!
The room was not ready on time. Overpriced for what it was. My toiletry items appeared to have been gone through.....this was not a good trip. Many in the past have been great, but this year, I was not impressed!
Sunriver always delivers a good time. The cove was wonderful for my 4 and 6 year olds. The food was really tasty and the bike trails did not disappoint! All in all, it was a great staycation for the family