The Aquincum Hotel Budapest
What We Love
- A romantic Budapest hotel alongside the Danube, with breakfast and spa access includedMaking the most of the hotel's soothing spa facilities
- Dining on delicious Magyar cuisine in Ambrosia Restaurant
- The location, a stone's throw from the Danube and beautiful Margaret Island
What To Know
- Parking is available; fees may apply
- Located in a quiet neighborhood away from the city bustle
- With plenty of meeting space, the hotel is popular with business travelers
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest in Budapest (Obuda), you’ll be minutes from Óbuda Synagogue and Vasarely Museum. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Japanese Garden and Hungarian Parliament Building.
Make yourself at home in one of the 310 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 4 indoor swimming pools, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and 24-hour room service is provided. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge during limited hours, and RV/bus/truck parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Just left Aquincum Hotel after a four night stay. Super satisfied. Delicious food, staff very approachable, friendly and helpful. The room was amazing, super spacious and comfortable. Good location. Public transport stop very close and easily accessible. The spa services offered are very professional and so relaxing. The hotel has it’s own thermal baths!
Can’t wait to be back soon!
- very good breakfast (only the food however, the coffee is just awful),
- comfortable beds and blackout curtains,
- possibility to check in earlier if the room is ready.
- the stuff is unhelpful and very slow. In the mornings there are really long check-out queues and they are not being dealt with at least a smile. When I wanted to buy additional breakfast, I've heard in the reception that they can charge it to my room, in the restaurant however I was told that it is not possible and I need to pay on the spot by credit card. Good that I had it on me and didn't need to go back to 4th floor.
- rooms and bathrooms are outdated, black marks on the silicon in the tub area didn't invite to take a shower
- awful coffee.
I would choose different hotel next time. Important notice: I didn't use the spa/pool area.
-the food was always very good, had several lunches and a dinner.
-staff was generally very nice
-location near tram / train
-cute park next door
The not so good
-the ac is clearly not functioning well, and they don’t know what to do about it. Over a 5 day stay, my room was sometimes comfortable and sometimes very hot.
-attended an event in a meeting room and the ac was very bad. Staff tried to be helpful but without being able to adequately cool down a room with 25 people in it, it was a struggle. I would not book an event here again.
-the hotel is dated and just feels that way... could use a renovation, esp the ac!