Continental Hotel Budapest
What We Love
- Restaurant serving tasty French-meets-Hungarian cuisine
- Attention to historic details combined with modern design sensibility
- The charming café in the gallery above the lobby
- The density of rom kerts (ruin pubs) in the immediate vicinity
- Read about where to eat and drink in Budapest
What To Know
- Two-night minimum stay is required for all rooms except the Executive Suite
- Central location means that plenty of bars and restaurants are steps away, but street noise is sometimes audible
- The rooftop pool is closed during winter months?
- The neighbourhood is still a work in progress, so if you need a spit and polished location, this might not be the one for you?
- Rooms are located in two buildings; the “spa” building has extra-high ceilings?
- Valet parking £16 per night
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Continental Hotel Budapest, you’ll be centrally located in Budapest, steps from Team Escape and MindQuest. This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of Blaha Lujza Square and E-Exit Escape Games.
Make yourself at home in one of the 272 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Additional features at this Art Deco hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. This hotel has 5 meeting rooms available for events.
How to Get There
My daughter, wife and I stayed here from 7-10 June. What a wonderful experience it was. Might not be located in the best part of town but wouldn’t matter. Right from the hotel check in to making us comfortable with the sight seeing. The breakfast was nice. The staff was polite. The pool is not the biggest but yet very comfortable and was made free for us. Overall highly recommend the hotel
We stayed here with friends and were not disappointed. It was within easy walking distance of the centre. As it was around minus 8 outside, the hotel was kept at a perfect temperature. It was not hot and stuffy, but was warm and comfortable. The staff were super friendly, professional and attentive. I would definitely stay again and have recommended it to friends.
We were for weekend and we just enjoyed it. Hotel is one of the most beautiful and great part od the town- just close to all fun places, Danube, main shopping street, and staff is really nice and pilite. They have noce spa center, and breakfast is top quality!
Superb location in historic Jewish quarter. Modern, clean and comfortable room. Breakfast is very good. Metro stations are minutes. Many good restaurants and amenities nearby. You can enjoy cafe culture in Budapest at New York cafe within few minutes of walking distance.
I've stayed a couple of years ago already in this hotel and really enjoyed it.
This time it was very disappointing for a couple of reasons:
- no checkin into my room possible at 15:00 o'clock (wtf!)
- the Wifi was most of the time incredible slow, how can this still be an issue today??
- a minibar in the room but no bottle opener....
- sewage smell in the bath room after opening the water tap
- very low quality coffe or even broken coffee machines during breakfast
- generally breakfast optimized for volume and not quality food, definitely not a 4 star hotel standard
So to sum it up, there are tons of great better alternatives in Budapest for that prices.