What To Know
- The elegant Hotel Villa Carlotta dates back to the 19th century
- Surrounded by botanic gardens and overlooks the glitzy Lake Maggiore
- The hotel is situated in the charming medieval village of Belgirate, which dates back to the 11th century
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Villa Carlotta places you in the heart of Taormina, walking distance from Parco Duca di Cesaro and Greek Theatre. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Villa Comunale Garden and Taormina Cable Car.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Digital programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a seasonal outdoor pool or take in the view from a rooftop terrace and a garden. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and a television in a common area. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a garden view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a computer station, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
We found the staff at the HVC so friendly and helpful. We were welcomed with Prosecco and a run down of the sites in Taormina. The rooms, while small, were beautifully appointed. We would highly recommend!
This hotel is very special and is perfectly located to town.The view is beautiful. The staff in the hotel is amazing and very helpful. We went in March with my 74 year old mom and 19 year old daughter. The food was amazing as well. We can't wait to go back. Everyone must see Taormina and stay at the Hotel Villa Carlotta.
This is a beautiful hotel with helpful staff. The breakfast was great with spectacular views around Taormina and of Mt Etna.
However, room 101, our room, didn’t match with the standards of the rest of the hotel:
1) this room is on the ground floor and located right by the reception. We could hear everyone walking past, particularly people in high heels. We could even hear some of the conversations taking place outside and at the reception. Not a room if you want to avoid noise.
2) the shower leaks and spread water from one end of the bathroom to the other. I had left my clothes on the floor and they were soaked through. We were told it is a new shower... so perhaps it’s teething problems.
3) it was between 25C and 26C in our room in the evening. We were told the only way to cool the room was to open the balcony door. The air con was apparently just for heating the room.
4) perhaps this is being picky, but the lighting is dark and unsuitable for reading in bed.
In short, I would stay at Hotel Villa Carlotta again if I could avoid room 101.
This hotel is so amazing. We had the most gorgeous view of the ocean. The view from breakfast was also incredible. The food here was just fantastic. Beds were comfy and rooms are really nice. Great customer service.
Fabulous apartment 3 ‘love nest’ ; beautifully fitted out with wonderful view from roof terrace of Mount Etna and the sea with table , chairs and double sun bed. Staff in hotel were so friendly and gave us great tips as to where to eat , maps and directions and wine and milk in fridge .Perfect Location as really accessible to the centre of Taomina. Everything was immaculately clean ; we will return !