Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains
What We Love
- Buffet breakfast is included in the rate
- The friendly yet formal service – whether you like it in German, French, Italian, English or Romansh (the fourth language of Switzerland)
- The garden setting near the lake, quieter than in town
- There is a hushed atmosphere in the stylish lobby bar, with its ambrosial selection of liquors
- The sumptuous breakfast buffet in Les Saisons – complete with chandeliers and palm trees
- Superb luxury shopping therapy in St. Moritz
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $5 per person, per night, will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- It’s a good 15-minute walk to St. Moritz Dorf, the main part of town
- St. Moritz is notoriously expensive
- Yes, the famous “sour” spring water tastes bad, but it has proven health benefits
- Book ski lessons as soon as you book your hotel to get your preferred days and times
- This international resort town is mostly shuttered on Sundays
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains in St. Moritz (Sankt Moritz-Bad), you’ll be minutes from Signal Gondola and close to San Karl St. Moritz-Bad Church. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Segantini Museum and Engadiner Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 184 guestrooms. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and pay movies provides entertainment. Bathrooms have hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Skiers will be in heaven, but there are recreational options available for non-skiers as well, including a casino and a health club. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
After staying last year at the Kempinski Adlon in Berlin, the best hotel I have ever stayed in, I had extremely high expectations for the Saint Moritz property. While it was an excellent hotel, it lacked warmth and it was definitely a notch down from the Berlin experience. The room was small but extremely well appointed. Slippers and bathrobes were provided. Dinner at the restaurant was good but breakfast was the most comprehensive I have seen in a while. Perhaps coming to Saint Moritz in September which is a very quiet season for them was part of it. While I wouldn't discourage anyone from going, I had hoped for and expected more
Firstly I would like to thanks to Mauro, Andriano, Pedro and Mandy for giving me this opportunity to eat dinner at Enoteca Restaurant, which was really amazing service and also food plating was really outstanding and delicious food that I have ever tried in Switzerland. I can’t believe to get this amazing service with this rate. For sure, I will not forget this service & food and will be back there in winter season with my family.
My wife and I stayed at the Kempinski for only one night, but what a luxurious night!
We took a standard room, so it was a little on the small side, but furnishings and accommodations lacked nothing!
The spa and pool were probably the best I’ve ever experienced, with all the pampering you could think off.
The pool was stateless steel, extremely well lighted and serviced to perfection. Something true about the entire hotel and its staff. They are all so service minded, always with a smile and always looking for ways to help you and make your stay enjoyable.
A little expensive, but worth every penny!