Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains
What We Love
- Buffet breakfast is included in the rate
- The friendly yet formal service – whether you like it in German, French, Italian, English or Romansh (the fourth language of Switzerland)
- The garden setting near the lake, quieter than in town
- There is a hushed atmosphere in the stylish lobby bar, with its ambrosial selection of liquors
- The sumptuous breakfast buffet in Les Saisons – complete with chandeliers and palm trees
- Superb luxury shopping therapy in St. Moritz
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $5 per person, per night, will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- It’s a good 15-minute walk to St. Moritz Dorf, the main part of town
- St. Moritz is notoriously expensive
- Yes, the famous “sour” spring water tastes bad, but it has proven health benefits
- Book ski lessons as soon as you book your hotel to get your preferred days and times
- This international resort town is mostly shuttered on Sundays
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Kempinski Grand Hotel Des Bains in St. Moritz (Sankt Moritz-Bad), you’ll be minutes from Signal Gondola and close to San Karl St. Moritz-Bad Church. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Segantini Museum and Engadiner Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 184 guestrooms. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and pay movies provides entertainment. Bathrooms have hair dryers and bathrobes. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Skiers will be in heaven, but there are recreational options available for non-skiers as well, including a casino and a health club. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Amazing hotel. Service is high level and very kind - hot an upgrade to a junior suite and it is great for three - couple + 12 yr son. The breakfast follows the same quality as the hotel. Have dinner in the “enoteca” restaurant - great option. Concierge service outstanding - great reco for activities in the region.
My husband and I stayed here for one night during our trip to Switzerland. We found the hotel was very nice and decorated tastefully. Everyone seemed to go out of their way to make sure you had a pleasant stay. The only criticism we have is that the restaurants in the hotel were way over priced and that their wasn’t really anything to do around the hotel. Everything seemed to close early in that area.
I had the privilege of staying at this amazing hotel last week, from having a warm welcome on arrival to the helpfulness of each of the staff.The wonderful Front Of House Team " You Rock". Thank you. Impeccable housekeeping. Excellent breakfast offering, so much to choose from. I truly love this location just near enough to the towncentre so you can walk but just far enough to feel you can touch the mountains. Overall the service was exceptional without being intrusive. Cannot wait to come back this time for leisure.
We've spent three nights in the Kempinski Hotel in March 2018. The Service was world class and the hotel made us feel very, very comfortable. However, best of all was the Italian restaurant located right in the hotel. Another big advantage was that the funicular is located very close to the hotel.
We recently stayed at the Kempinski and absolutely loved the hotel. Our room was beautiful, the food was excellent and the level of service was exceptional. The atmosphere throughout the hotel was relaxed and we can't wait to go back. Thank you for a beautiful stay.