Simpson Bay Beach Resort and Marina
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina in Simpson Bay, you’ll be on the waterfront and minutes from Hollywood Casino and close to Maho Beach. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Kim Sha Beach and Paradise Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 336 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. Your room comes with a memory foam bed. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 6 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or one of 2 poolside bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Simpson Bay? This resort has 1542 square feet (143 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Great resort , great staff . You won’t be disappointed , the resort has been built back even better since Irma , friendly staff , full time security close to dining shopping , nightlife and more . Resort even provides free shuttle !!
We just returned from visiting. There were 4 of us who travelled (myself, husband, 2 boys 10 & 8yrs). There were definitely pros and cons.
- The resort has awesome pools. We really enjoyed the pools. They were big and clean.
- We had a deluxe room. It was massive. I thought the bed was comfortable. The murphy bed was a memory foam mattress and was so comfy. We also had a drying rack outside the room. Such a small touch but so useful!
- Car rental in the lobby was very easy to work with and parking is free (and we parked outside our room).
- The food was good. The pizza we ordered that was delivered to our room was amazing (there was a magnet on our fridge)
- We had the breakfast included and it was really good. Lots of options. It felt more like a Mexican dinner buffet. My kids ate the cereals and pancakes. But you couldn’t take anything with you. I wanted to take my coffee back to my room and it wasn’t “allowed”. While I understand not taking food back but coffee usually is.
- The resort is very hilly. We didn’t mind it but had we had my mom with us this wouldn’t of been good.
- The stores on the resort are separate from the resort so you can’t put things on your room.
- The staff was nice but not friendly.
- I personally wasn’t impressed with the beach. Yes it’s warm but doesn’t compare to others on the island.
- There was no bending of rules. We rec’d 4 towels and wanted an extra one but they wouldn’t allow it.
Overall, we had an okay time. We were only there for two nights so it was fine for us. Would I return? I think I’d look at another place (but that’s my opinion).
Stayed here July 4th to present ! Even though there was a mix up in the room we were supposed to get the front desk fixed it promptly and helped us get settled. The full kitchen rooms were great as to save costs u can make meals in after a long beach or pool day. Shop around tho for food and booze as prices very on the main drag . Love this place and will return !!!!!!
I really don't understand the reviews of this resort, as our experience was not very good. The pros are that the A/C was decent and the room was relatively clean. That's about it. The cons are many. We could hear everything in the room next to us, even if they opened a drawer and the worst was when they came in from partying at 1 am and woke us up. The room we had was absolutely nothing like the pictures on their website. The bedspreads were totally worn and looked about 30 years old. Everything was incredibly dated and the bed was very squeaky and we sunk in the middle. This was very surprising, given we were staying in one of the more expensive rooms with an ocean view.
We took their shuttle to our restaurant and were told that the restaurant would call when we needed a pick up and we would have one within 10 minutes. When they called, the hotel told them one would be there in 10 minutes. The restaurant called again, after 30 minutes, and they were told one was on the way. After waiting 50 minutes, we decided to walk back. While the walk wasn't too bad, we almost got hit by a motorcycle that went on the side of the road to avoid a speed bump.
Overall, I need to admit that I'm not a fan of this part of St. Maarten. It seems very seedy, as there are numerous strip clubs and casinos right near the resort. To me, it has the feel of an airport hotel that happens to have a beach attached. We will definitely not return.
We had a two bedroom lockout. Everything was in order with lots of room. The activities guy was great and he offered some good ideas. Beach is calm clean and pleasant
Good location to restaurants
Nice place overall