Hapuna Beach Resort
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hapuna Beach Resort in Kamuela, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Hapuna Beach State Park and close to Pu’ukohola Heiau National Historic Site. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Mauna Kea Beach and Waialea Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 350 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Rooms have private lanais. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
While the golfer in the family is out on the course, try one of the other recreational amenities offered, such as an outdoor pool or a spa tub. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the resort’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Kamuela? This resort has facilities measuring 0 square feet (0 square meters), including conference space. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
no warm welcome - it was a challenge to find a decent room for the staff.it took an hour there is construction right in front of my first roon. who wants that view?:( and please if you pay 500$ plus plus resort fee have a bottle of mineral water in the room waiting for your VALUED? guest. Actually i feel guest should be informed that construction is going on there was noise also when you were on the beach. not cool.
. smelly old carpets.
the breakfast was delicious and well organized -
in room dining, catch of the day was excellent.
the . beach the . water unbeatable,
We enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day morning on the terrace of the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort's restaurant, Ikena Landing. (About 3 flights of stairs below the lobby). They provided a choice of breakfast buffet or dining from the menu, and we ordered cappuccino or latté for coffee. Cost was reasonable, and the view was to die for. They have recently remodeled, and I have to say, they really put in the effort and it shows! On our walk to the beach, we wandered through the grounds and discovered the most gorgeous koi ponds meandering behind one of the artfully crafted infinity pools, full of beautiful gracefully swimming koi, and exotic fragrant water lilies blooming in every color and size. It was the best I've ever seen, just stunning! The beach was picture perfect, and so was our weather that day. After several hours, we came back up to the pool bar and had a light late lunch, which was also very delicious. Everyone on property was very friendly and helpful. All in all, it was a very good day. I would highly recommend this property, even if you could stay only for a meal.
We spent five nights at the Westin and had a wonderful time. The rooms which have been updated are very nicely appointed and very comfortable. The lanai is also very nice with a high top table and two stools as well as a 'square' sofa with pillows. We were in a King Ocean View on the 9th floor of the North Tower and had a great view. I would suggest that the private residences which are still under construction in front of the North Tower would block the view of the lower floors. The pools and the fitness center and the hospitality suite (we did take advantage of it due to a late flight out of KOA) are top notch. The beach is beautiful and chairs and umbrellas are set up daily for guests. The Staff throughout the Resort was always friendly and happy and appeared to thoroughly enjoy their work - from those who cleaned the rooms daily to the staff at the various restaurants to the poolside staff - always smiling. My only criticism: the front desk staff was not friendly or welcoming and really did not seem very happy in their work. If you experience the same do not let that influence your vacation - you will find everything else wonderful. We had been to the Big Island previously so we spent most of our time at the resort and had an excellent relaxing time.
What we like:
- The location: The West Hapuna is located on such a nice stretch of beach that’s never crowded like other spots in Maui, Oahu, and Kauai. We also like being able to take the shuttle to the Mauna Kea or walking the path to use the beach there. Construction noise aside, it is very quiet here for a resort of this size and you can hear the sound of waves from your room.
- The hotel design: It is an older design but they built the hotel to frame the stunning landscape that surrounds it. People complain that the lobby is gawdy like a cruise ship but we love the open air atmosphere and ability to catch a glimpse of the landscape almost everywhere.
- The Westin Brand: We really like the Westin brand over other similar brands and feel the hotel does a good job maintaining brand standards, especially with the comfort and style of the rooms. The gym is awesome even if I have never used it because I like running the beach, and there are always healthy options at breakfast.
- The staff: Overall, the staff is very friendly and helpful. We are happy to hear they kept most of the staff from when it was a Prince Hotel. We especially appreciate Modesto at the front-desk for his sense of humor and acknowledgment that we’re frequent guests, Charlie’s positive energy and gourmet omelets (best omelets I ever had), and Jenna’s assistance with a room request we had. Housekeeping is also great; my slipper got dirty and without even asking, they left me a fresh pair.
- The breakfast: We absolutely love the breakfast buffet in the morning; of all the SPG properties we’ve stayed at in the Hawaiian Islands, this breakfast is the best. There is a good balance of healthy and indulgent options to fuel your active days on the island. We always get the renowned omelets prepared by Charlie and some of the banana po’e in addition to fresh fruit, vegetables, the always so crispy bacon, and appreciate the loco moco station.
- The adults pool/hot tub: We appreciate the adults only section where there is a pool, hot tub and lounge chairs without loud music blaring all day. It's a nice spot to relax and you get great views of the sunset.
What we don’t like/could be improved:
- Parking Fee: Up until recently, the resort fee included parking but now it is $25 daily. We understand this is the trend with most resorts these days, it’s just a misleading customer service practice in the sense the room rate is advertised but you need to factor in close to $60 more per day.
- Access to filtered water: They don’t have filtered water dispensers like other resorts, which results in a lot of plastic water bottles and single use cups and straws given out by the restaurant. I have a hydroflask and struggle to find places to fill it up.
- Beach Service: If you arrive late, getting beach towels in the morning is not always easy; it’s usually around 08:00. We find that they take the chairs off the beach a little early
- Construction Noise: We do understand the negative reviews due to the construction noise because it’s not part of how people imagine an idyllic Hawaiian vacation. Up until recently, there was no construction on weekends but they are not behind schedule and it is pretty much 7 days per week.
We love the Westin Hapuna, it truly is our happy place and favorite resort in Hawaii due to the beach, the rooms, and access to places on the Big Island. We love the hotel and the grounds and it is too bad that they converted the lower wing to condos though. We will keep staying here as often as we can because of how relaxing it is to be here and on the Big Island.
The Westin at Harpuna Beach is ideal for a secluded getaway.
You are greeted with the stunning views of Harpuna Beach as soon as you step into the lobby.
Rooms are spacious and modern making the most of the gorgeous views.
There are a couple of good pools including an adults only pool. There is also good beach access for those whose prefer the sand between their toes.
The downside to being so secluded is that unless you have hired yourself a car you're stuck eating the overpriced resort food and drink.
There is a shuttle service operating between Harpuna Beach and Manua Kea if you need a change of scenery.
They're also in the process of building residences beachfront so many rooms on the lower floors will lose beach views once these are complete.