Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- 2015 Jetsetter Hotel Food Award Winner
- The Jean-Georges Café Martinique restaurant
- All rooms have step-out balconies; suites have full balconies
- Tubing down the lazy river is a great way to pass the day
- The Serpent Slide, which passes (safely) through the shark tank
- The exhibit lagoons at the Marine Habitat, with 200 species of fish
- Over 38 restaurants, bars, lounges and snack carts on-site, including Nobu and Bobby Flay
What To Know
- The resort’s sheer size can be overwhelming at times
- Shuttle service is available between different sections of the greater Atlantis empire
- Atlantis is a popular stop for cruise ship passengers
- Valet parking is $10 per day, self-parking $5
- The Royal Towers are very kid-friendly, so honeymooners beware
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection in Paradise Island, you’ll be next to a golf course and minutes from Atlantis Aquarium and Aquaventure. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Atlantis Museum and Versailles Gardens.
Make yourself at home in one of the air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Cable programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including a casino and a nightclub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a bar/lounge or one of the 4 poolside bars.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this resort consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
For context, I'm Marriott/Starwood Platinum Elite Ambassador. I travel extensively and mostly go to luxury resorts for my personal vacations. We had an awful stay and I hope you read this so that you don't book here and make the same mistake we did. We left this stay early. We will not be returning.
(1) The 'Lunch on Us' promotion is a total sham. The promotion promises $60 a day towards lunch. Here is what they don't tell you: Only 1 of the 9 restaurants are located outside the waterpark. On most of our stay, 3 restaurants would be open and the others would be closed. The open ones alternated each day. This 'decision' made the lines rather absurd. The food quality is also not so great, mostly hot dogs and burgers. ALSO, if you place two orders, the $60 is only applied to the first transaction. So...if you buy a soda and then later return for a full lunch only your first transaction counts. I had to make them do the adjustment at checkout to receive full value.
(2) Service at the hotel-operated restaurants is so poor. On one occasion, we were seated but no one came to take our order. The next day, we were seated and placed an order but left 45 minutes later without receiving it.
(3) There are at least 4 different activity concierge services at the resort and they are among the least helpful and lazy groups I have ever met. There is a hotel activities one, a marine park activities one, a hotel water sports one and an offsite resort activities one. In our experience, there is no one-stop-shop for all of of your needs. To make matters worse the staff doesn't always even know the names, hours or coverage of the 'other' concierge teams. This was so baffling to us. It is 100% easier to research and book on your own.
(4) Comprehensively unhelpful and discourteous check-in staff, even in their special guests area near the main check-in area.
(5) Almost every charge on my final bill at checkout was incorrect and needed my scrutiny to avoid overcharges. KEEP EVERY RECEIPT!
(6) The Marriott website says the Autograph Resorts have included breakfast, but this resort categorically does not honor this. I escalated within Marriott and they couldn't convince the resort to honor this policy. Do not expect to receive any significant Marriott benefits.
(7) Multiple issues with Marriott status (continued from above). At check-in, despite the hotel at ~60% occupancy, no upgrade was offered. When I insisted on confirming with a Manager, mysteriously a better room was made available. That's annoying. After the stay, no stay credit or points posted to my account. The hotel told me the stay was ineligible (which is ridiculous since I booked direct). The Marriott team had to fix their error. In summary, expect that anything related to Marriott does not work or apply here.
General: Hopefully by now you are looking into other non-Atlantis resorts. We also experienced the following issues in our stay: Spa booking agent hung up on us, Spa steam room and sauna not turned on during our visit, room keys stopped working twice, room safe did not work, ten minute wait for initial check-in, no bellman to assist with luggage (they were laughing and chatting among themselves), and yikes what a mess.
Feel free to contact me if you need any further reinforcement that this is a terrible place to stay.
We stayed here for my 50th birthday back in March of 2018. Nice property and an average room. I think it might have been spring break at the time but we didn't book it with that in mind. Of the 6 to more pools they have we could never find 3 pool lounge chairs (until at least 4 pm) as they bus in people from the cruise ships and don't give any priority to people that actually pay to stay there (unless we wanted to pay more for the private pool) . We're talking bus load after bus load. I have never seen anything like it. It was quite frustrating as they say you can't throw your towels and such down to "reserve" chairs but yes they do and no one even blinked an eye. Sorry I didn't post this earlier but it just popped up on my feed now. My spin on it.....do your research.
We've just come back from visiting The Royal at Atlantis and it was a fantastic experience. The time of year was perfect: we had full run of the resort, with no wait for any restaurants, pool-side seating, slides, etc. Staff were exceptional, with every member of the team going above/beyond to help us out. A wonderful vacation all around - highly recommend!
My wife & I took our 11 year old daughter here for the first time at the end of August . We stayed at the Royal for 4 days 8/27-8/31 17th flr ocean front. I read a lot of reviews on here that frankly made us question if we made a good decision after booking it. I'm not easy to please and I can tell you the Royal exceeded my expectations. Overall we had an amazing vacation. I found if you asked for something, the staff would make sure you got it. Excursions I would recommend: snorkeling ($130/2 & $440/2 swimming with Sea Lions (This was amazing!). Favorite restaurant was Poseidon's in the Royal. My daughter is very picky and was able to find food she likes every day. There are many options. (Buffet style) Also the waterpark is great. Cruise ships arrive around 9:30 and leave around 3 pm. FYI: suggest going after 3 to close. We brought a light cooler in our suite case. We estimated this saved us about 500 bucks easily (liquor/beer/soft drinks). Bring your Yeti! Avoid the in room fridge (too expensive $4 coke, 8 water). Check your balance on TV every day. No issue though ours was accurate. There is a shop that sells beer right outside the resort within walking distance. We all agreed it was one of our best vacations yet.
We stayed at the Atlantis in the Bahamas for 6 days with a 3 year old toddler. Had a great time, the aquarium is amazing, the beach is nice and the water park is a must. Everything is expensive so be prepared, we checked in a bag filled with snacks for our son, and as soon as we arrived hit the closets supermarket for gallones water. You’ll receive water vouchers when you check in that will get you two per coupon. Overall this was a great vacation lots to see, ALOT walking especially at the marina never a dull moment. Oh, also the casino is very nice! Although this was a family vacation for our son we had to walk through the casino to get to some places. I would recommend, but do some research before getting there.