Universal’s Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Universal’s Loews Portofino Bay Hotel in Orlando, you’ll be near the bay and minutes from Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal CityWalk™. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™.
Make yourself at home in one of the 750 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Cable programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 outdoor swimming pools, 2 spa tubs, and a waterslide. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room. If you’re planning a day at a nearby theme park, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Orlando? This resort has facilities measuring 42000 square feet (3902 square meters), including a conference center. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Also Advertised early park opening varies from park to park in day to day. You may not be getting the early park entrance even though you think you are when you pay. Very deceptive marketing . Be sure to double check which park will have early entrance on which day
We are annual pass holders and we have been coming to universal for over 10 years now! We have always stayed at either royal pacific or hard rock so this time we decided to try out portofino bay! Glad we did because we loved it! It is the farthest hotel from the parks and you will need to ride the water taxi because it’s a pretty far walk but it is a beautiful hotel and the rooms were nice and big and very clean!
The only negative is the parking!! But this is all the universal hotels so I’m not sure who’s to blame! It cost about $30 a night to park and it’s not fun to have to pay that at the end of the week when you’ve already spent a couple thousand! It doesn’t make much sense to get free parking at the park with your annual pass but you pay at the hotels! But I don’t want to end on a negative so the hotel is absolutely beautiful and would recommend staying here!!
We are normal people. We spent the money because we had very high expectations of the experience we wanted and felt the money was worth it. WRONG.
1. Beginning with the easy: Spent an hour in line to check in. There were two attendants. Give no information about the resort; they actually attempted to use the painting of behind the desk. I thought it was a joke. The attendant then tried to upsell on the "club." So--get this straight--if I got the club room, it is a bigger room and I get the ammenities--but my only other choice is to stay in the SMALLER, dumpier room, pay $150 and get the club? Seems about right now looking back. Then, the deposit. Seems everyone is charged a different amount per day. Person beside my got hit for $200 hold per day. I was hit for $100. The next person was $0. I don't know....
2. No help gettng to the room. Suck it up, buttercup. Have the 8-year old drag the suitcase some more. He'll need to toughen up for this experience anyway.
3. Door opens...whew....what a smell. Okay--deal with it. Then, dirty underwear in the drawer. Unmade bed missing comforter. Desk covered in sticky something or other. No coffee service and three towels. Yikes. Call housekeeping on the way to dinner.
4. Dinner--be prepared to go all the way to City Walk (5 minuts to water taxi, 15 minutes on water taxi--if it storms...no water taxi...or walk 1.3 miles in Florida heat. The other option is Italian. Italian. That's it. Just overpriced, unremarkable italian food. Nothing great; pasta is pretty much it.
5. Return to the room--oh, we have GUESTS!! TWO LIZARDS in the shower!! We call housekeeping and ask they handle this immediately because we have kids that need showered and into bed in order to enjoy one of the few ammenities and benefits of this disaster--but alas--an hour later and nothing. So, now I call and demand to change rooms.
6. New room--even WORSE smell. Think sweat. Sweat on pillows from past guests because they don't have proper liners and pillow cases are paper thin. Carpet peeling up. Wall has dripping something...don't want to know....safe is broken and the door doesn't shut all the way unless we give it a hard pull.
7. Okay....make the best of it.....until showers....and it doesn't drain. Like, up to my ankles and shut off the shower before it floods....so another call....and another, "Engineering is really backed up, we might now get to it until later."....
Out of space!
this hotel far exceeded my expectations for it. we needed a room to accomodate 7 people and with the annual pass discount the room rate was amazing considering it came with unlimited express passes. i would stay here again
Lovely place to stay and staff were very friendly and helpful we really enjoyed staying here. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Beds were super comfortable. The ferry boat was a nice experience which skipped the security queue at the entrance to city walk