Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
What We Love
- Free WiFi and champagne at check-in
- Gated resort is secure, but conveniently located just off the interstate for easy access to local shops, restaurants and nightlife
- Private Lake Windsong offers the benefits of a beach without the hourlong drive to the Florida coast
- Pool-facing rooms offer sweeping views of Central Florida’s theme park empire
- Balconies are the perfect spot for watching the nightly fireworks display at 9 p.m. (time may vary by season)
- On-site Camp Hyatt kids club offers supervised full-day, half-day and evening activities for the little ones, starting at $45
What To Know
- A hotel service fee of $22 per room, per night, will be collected by Jetsetter at checkout; see Details for more info
- In contrast to themed resorts inside Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, the contemporary room decor here may appeal more to adults than to children
- On-site restaurants are open for dinner from 6 to 10 p.m.; otherwise you’ll need to rely on room service or dining outside of the resort
- Daily valet parking is $23; self-parking is $15
- Parking at Disney and Universal Studios can be pricey, so consider taking the free resort shuttles (they run twice each day)
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Built in 1984, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress opened its doors to Walt Disney World vacationers well before Orlando became what it is today. Following an extensive $45 million renovation of all 815 guestrooms and suites in 2010, the megaresort is an attractive option for families who want all the spoils of a theme park vacation, and then some. The tiered glass building endows the interior with cascades of light all year long. The towering atrium lobby has glass-encased elevators that run the hotel’s full height; from them you can see the quiet, manmade stream that snakes throughout the ground-level tile.
Bed & Bath
Upstairs, the rooms are styled with contemporary dark wood furniture and thoughtful amenities, including iPod charging stations and flat-screen televisions. Dale Chihuly–inspired artwork hangs on the walls, and the oversize showers have rainfall showerheads clad in glass tile.
The 1,500 acre resort is within easy reach of Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld, and free shuttles make daily round-trips to each. But with an 800,000-gallon lagoon-style swimming pool, Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses and an array of water sports, there’s no real need to leave the resort at all. Guests have their pick of on-site dining options, including Hemingway’s for seafood and the White Horse Sports Bar & Grill for a more low-key meal. In the morning, grab brunch at the scenic Palm Café, which overlooks Lake Windsong — then hit the water in a canoe, sailboat, paddleboat or kayak, all of which are included in the resort fee. Camp Hyatt, the resort’s on-site kids club, offers supervised activities (including meals) by the full day, half day or just for the night.
In the Area
Treat your aspiring marine biologists to a day at Discovery Cove, an interactive dolphin encounter that lets you and your crew swim with the fishes. This is ground zero for bargains, and the Orlando Premium Outlets — featuring brands such as Armani, Burberry and DKNY — are just five minutes away. Head to Sand Lake Road’s restaurant row for delectable dinner fare, including Morton’s, J. Alexander’s, Bar Louie, Samba Room, Cantina Laredo and more. Head to the Magic Kingdom. No, not that Magic Kingdom. Catch an NBA game at the brand new Amway Center downtown to see the Orlando Magic in action.
How to Get There
First time here at this hotel and it didnt disappoint! Check in a breeze...all staff and employees very nice. Swimming pools excellent for all....open 24 hrs too!....food and bevs very good....rooms are clean ....valet service excellent an d fast. This Hyatt hotel is a great place for family or couples or anyone. I will be back again.
Nice location. Easy access to surrounding entertainment and Disney attractions. Meeting space adequate. Hotel clean and updated, pool and restaurants good Hotel desk staff very receptive and helpful I commented on the valet service. Short staffed ??
Seamless check-in, extremely nice staff. Fantastic location. I am runner and the paths and options are the best. When I came back from my running, they offered complimentary water in a very nice way. The view from the room is fantastic. Loved my stay at this hotel.
Visited here for 4 nights with family. It was a great hotel to stay I! Very very happy. Loved the outdoor pool (24 hour access), the outdoor activities, the 24 hour market and the great staff. This hotel will definatly be a go to next time we visit Orlando.
We love the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. My only complaint is trying to get a lounge chair at the pool - to do that you need to be poolside really early! And no line in the bathroom to hang wet suits.