British Colonial Hilton – Nassau
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at British Colonial Hilton – Nassau, you’ll be centrally located in Nassau, steps from Pirates of Nassau Museum and Christ Church Cathedral. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Pompey Museum and Straw Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 288 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax on the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Nassau? This hotel has facilities measuring 80729 square feet (7500 square meters), including a conference center.
How to Get There
The hotel, Pros:
* Enough mirrors.
* Location, excellent, right in downtown.
* Big enough room.
* Loved the fact that the beach was right there, in fact, it was first factor for me for choosing his hotel :)
* The staff is very polite and looks like doing something for you, BUT. It started at check-in, which took almost 40 min wait after the declared time. And further every time we needed something we waited for at least 30 min. Front desk loves creating lines, one person answering guests, while there should be at least three. But I did see three representatives, when there were no guests with requests :)
* While I can understand why they made almost all floor in the room with tiles, it does not explaining their actual doing that. It is tiles, and while that kind of surface, easy to clean from the saand, could be achieved by many-many other materials, but tiles. And that means cold and very slippery. Which actually gave big bump on my forehead and scratches on the back. We had to call an ambulance once, no hospital though. Thanks God.
* Another thing that added to unsafety is a chair near the desk. It should be lockable as all office chairs, but this one is absolutely out of control. It mind of its own.
* No handheld shower in roll-in, even though it is a standard for accessible rooms. Front desk has been asked to fix, but they said that it should be that way…
* Shower stall is narrow, not capable to fit in wheelchair. In general, have no idea what kind of handicapped person they had in mind making this “accessible” room. But they do have a lot of grab bars, thanks for that I guess.
* Unfortunately, cleaning staff take grab/safety bars as a hanging device. Everyday first thing in the bathroom, my husband had to rehang things to designated areas.
* No hot water in the sink (shower is OK though).
* Very average bedding, too “bouncy” mattress.
* Door stopper in the bathroom is absent. So, the door “stops” only by the toilet, threatening to break the attached mirror.
* The “no smoking” hotel policy is joke, apparently, it’s only inside. Which is good, I guess, but the thing is that majority of time people spend outside. I literally could not find a place outside to hide from the smoke. Even though there was designated area, nobody actually cared about it: Not guests, and not staff.
* There is huge construction going on everywhere on hotel grounds, which is a very bad thing. All those sounds are terrible.
* They love to make everything to the room charge is not good also, they do not bother giving the guest the copy of the charge, which creates huge opportunity for overcharge.
I did not like many things about the hotel, but yes It’s Bahamas. So my overall impression vacationing here did not go way down.
I've stayed at the British Colonial Hilton more than 10 times over the past 5 years and usually had a good experience. This time was a huge exception. Check-in and check-out process were extremely slow, not because of long lines, but because the agents didn't seem to know what they were doing and didn't seem to have any interest in getting help to speed the process up. After my stay, they double billed me for the breakfast that morning. Attempts to contact the manager to remedy the situation have so far been futile, with calls just sitting on hold, messages not being returned. Very frustrated that this time service has been so far below my expectations.
Got off the cruise ship, in a port that has small attractiveness to me, except The British Colonial Hilton Day pass, and Senor Frogs. Great white sand beach overlooking the cruise ships and next door to Senior Frogs ..Just a short walk, through all the city and the many advertisers" of tours ( walls of folks, looking to take you any where.) ..Great building, built by Henry Flagler in 1900.. Also the man who built the trains, through Florida) ..Clean and in historic shape..Pay $100 and get all beach and boating ( kayak and tubes) privledges and a $40.00 /person allowances to food and beverages..Beach chairs and security on site..no waves and within 100 feet of cruise ships coming and going ...Clean with great service.. Also, a large pool/towels , never crowded.. NO YOUNG KIDS New covered pier with seats under cover being built , from bridge
The staff is incredibly lifeless!! So much has been broken and not fixed; 1 out of 2 elevators, Starbucks ceiling heavily leaking just above coffee prep area, main lobby bathroom only 1 faucet and 1 soap dispenser works, bedroom bathroom shower value just keeps turning around and difficult to adjust water temperature, room telephone extensions to various dept (house keeping, concierge...) do not work! Room card barely activated the door to unlock, free WIFI was absolutely terrible. It only worked in a few areas within the hotel. Oh, not to mention next door, a new hotel is being built and construction noise is loud beside the beach. No peace and quiet on the beach
Beautiful Hotel and location. However, the staff are not helpful at all...My wife and I were treated with complete disregard daily. The breakfast is good, but the service was near impossible. The resturants and bar are extremely overpriced compared to other areas nearby, and the food was laughable. I paid $30 for a piece of rubbery chicken salad ( the salad was half a head of lettuce UNCHOPPED. I literally had to break it up to consume.The Elevators hardly ever worked, and when they did, it would take nearly 15 minutes to go up or down 5 floors. The stairs were partially lit and at times completely dark as we were forced many times to use since the elevators kept breaking. The fitness center needs ALOT of work...the machines are covered in rust and not greased. The gift shop is 3x to 4x what you pay across the street at the grocery store.One employee had there new born baby in the resturant left unattended and it was crying non-stop. Everyone kept asking whose it was and finally an employee helped her baby, then left it again for another 30 minutes crying in the resturant. It was unbelievable.