Caesar Augustus, Relais & Chateaux Hotel
What We Love
- The incomparable setting, on a cliff 1,000 feet above the sea in Anacapri
- Anti-aging treatments and the Turkish bath at the Orlane spa
- Dining on Mediterranean dishes at the terrace restaurant, with its stunning views over the Bay of Naples
- The quiet, uncrowded locale in Anacapri, at the top of the island
What To Know
- You’ll need to hire a taxi or rent a scooter to get to the busy main town of Capri
- Free WiFi
- Children nine and under are not permitted
- Although some ferries accept vehicles, bringing a car to the island is not recommended
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Owned first by a wealthy German, then by a Russian prince, then by three generations of the Neopolitan Signorini family, this 55-room stunner marries its illustrious history with modern-day luxuries and a peerless setting overlooking the Bay of Naples with views of Mount Vesuvius, Sorrento and Ischia. Join the well-heeled clientele in lounging by the pool, with its panoramic outlook, getting pampered in the spa, and playing tennis at the adjacent courts. Dine on rustic-yet-refined Mediterranean dishes in the terrace restaurant, which uses produce grown in the kitchen garden and lemons from the island’s famous groves.
In the Area
This fabled island begs to be explored, whether by chair lift to Mount Solaro, Capri’s highest peak, for breathtaking views, or on a grand boat tour around the island (truly a must). Boat tours include a visit to the famous Blue Grotto, an otherworldly cave flooded with blue light and dotted with gondoliers singing opera to their enchanted passengers. Back in Anacapri, shop for the iconic Capri-style sandals popularized by Jackie O. at cult cobbler Antonio Viva’s workshop.
How to Get There
Overview: Stayed 3 nights, upgraded to a oceanview suite (stayed at end of season so hotel was at 50% capacity roughly), greeted by Francesco (part of owning family), the stay and logistics were seamless and very well done. The entire feel of the experience and hotel is very relaxed/informal yet elegant.
1. The views have to be one of the best hotel views in the world. Reality is even better than the images you see online.
2. Entire staff is very warm and engage in a way that is family-like yet still there to serve and take care of you. They were are all engaging and genuine.
3. Food was great, we ate/drank at all the various locations you can (bfast, lunch, pool, terrace & restaurant) and were always very happy with the food.
4. Location on the island is also very good, you can walk to Anacapri and its a very easy taxi or bus ride to Capri/harbor. We didn't have a problem getting around the island from the hotel.
5. I would describe the decor and feel of the hotel and grounds as "old world." It's not very modern, in style or substance. If you like staying at W Hotels (or similar) with a modern/hip feel, this isn't the place for you. Although I'd encourage you to change your style just for this one stay:)
1. Take the public bus from Anacapri instead of taxis all over the island. The public bus runs every 10/15 minutes and is 2 euros one-way. Its a much cheaper and more authentic option, we liked talking to the locals on the bus. I would recommend taking bus after the crowds leave (around 4pm), otherwise it will be packed.
2. Use concierge at hotel to book restaurants, etc. The island is small and all the hotels/restaurants know each other, the recs from the concierge we received were all great.
3. They offer a complimentary ride when you arrive and leave from the marina, very nice touch and makes life less hectic.
Staff shoutout: Stefano, Rafaele & Dario at the terrace, we spent a lot of time at the terrace area, they did a great job engaging with us and being present without hovering. They were a pleasure to talk to and get to know over our short stay.
This hotel has a spectacular setting and a spectacular staff. We were upgraded to a cliff view suite and it was lovely. Even checking in was a good experience. Someone checks you in while you are relaxing on a couch. Your preferences are noted and you are given a tour of the place. The room was very comfortable .The dinner at the hotel restaurant was noteworthy . We liked the fact that this is a family owned hotel with the owner's son making sure to introduce himself to everyone. The hotel is a very short walk to town. For something very special,this is a hotel for you.
Without being pretentious, the Caesar Agustus Hotel is the ultimate in luxury, warmth and a view to take one's breath away. The breakfast is the best I've had anywhere, and the staff is fabulous. From the moment one enters the property, it feels like the home you dream of! I cannot say enough good things about my experiences there. I will be back next year!