What We Love
- With a remote location at the top of a mountain in Uvita, there’s a natural air of romance
- The gourmet dinners are all fresh and organic
- Massages in the open-air spa, which overlooks the jungle and ocean
- Lounging in antigravity chairs by secluded infinity pools and hot tubs, all of which overlook Bahia Ballena and its famous sandbar
- Units are spacious, and some have private outdoor showers, spiral staircases, plunge pools and observation balconies
- The Zen-meets-modern design is highly conducive to relaxation
- Couples can escape to the private nooks by day, but the predinner wines and appetizers are social affairs
- READ MORE: Costa Rica for Everyone
What To Know
- There's a three-night minimum
- This is more of a romantic retreat for couples; children 17 and under are not permitted
- The property is about a 15-minute drive up a steep, bumpy road; there’s a shuttle on the property, but independent travelers will prefer to rent a 4X4
- There’s no need for room keys, and you won’t be getting one
- Costa Rica’s dry season lasts from December to April; expect daily showers the rest of the year
- The hotel has a special policy regarding bedroom linens and bathrobes: If you damage them, you will be charged for the replacement
- There are no televisions or phones in the units, the better to help you relax
- The owners have their own villa on the property
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Romantic, secluded retreat with spacious villas and suites, a tranquil spa and organic fare
For a pampering getaway in a rain forest setting, you can’t do much better than Rancho Pacifico. On a 250-acre private reserve in southern Costa Rica’s Uvita community, this intimate escape has a naturally romantic vibe defined by stone, bamboo, cascading fountains and modern architecture. With just 10 luxury units on the premises – five villas and five suites – personalized service is the default at Rancho Pacifico. The sizable units (Deluxe Lodge Suites are 400 square feet, while Three-Bedroom Luxury Villas are 1,600 square feet) are done up in beige stone and dark wood, with modern furnishings and super-comfy beds that make it impossible not to unwind. There are no in-room telephones or televisions, so this is a property for those who don’t mind soaking up the nature. Between sipping mojitos and basking in poolside antigravity chairs, visiting the spa and feasting on organic cuisine, guests also find time for adventures in some of the best-preserved nature Costa Rica has to offer.
In the Area
At Ballena Marine National Park, you can hike out to the whale tail-shaped sandbar and spot dolphins, turtles, fish, birds and monkeys. From December to March and July to October, you can also see humpback whales. Uvita is one of just three Costa Rican destinations where you can take an airborne tour in one of several lightweight crafts for a bird’s-eye view of the majestic scenery. There is no better way to enjoy a drizzly afternoon than on one of the Tranquila Spa tables, which overlook the jungle and the ocean. The hotel chef, Alex Segura, creates gourmet organic breakfasts, lunches and dinners from scratch. The dinners are events in themselves. Rancho Pacifico can arrange various activities, including ATV treks, waterfall adventures, mangrove and estuary explorations, and sunset horseback rides on the beach. If you insist on partying, the nearby beach town of Dominical is the place to do it. Check out Maracatu, an “almost vegan” restaurant that often turns into a dance club, particularly on Thursdays and Saturdays.
How to Get There
Excellent service starting with Miss Yolanda who went out of her way to make our stay amazing and very kind on her part to understand what I wanted for the great night. Excellent job also to thank Miss Salome person who made us feel As kings the barterder vianney very gentle excellent cocktail good service and the saloon star of the night was showcased with dinner thank you very much for everything Andrey excellent service very polite professional professional food by David too rich all his dishes we loved. Mr. Don Mark who showed up when we arrived, thank you very much for all the attentions have an incredible place the facilities are from another world the rooms are excellent very fine comfortable the ideal place to enjoy the nature the excellent pool. Many thanks to the staff in general They are professionals in what they do excellent work on the part of all we hope to return soon
Rancho Pacifico is perfect in every aspect. The views are stunning, the staff are kind, attentive and will go out of their way to make sure you have an amazing trip. The food is INCREDIBLE, the drinks are fresh and tasty and the accommodations are clean and comfy with outstanding views. We traveled with the intent on relaxing and not doing much, but found ourselves to be pretty active. We loved that we could take hikes near the property or book tours as we went along. We ended up being busy in the mornings and relaxing in the afternoons, a perfect balance. Highly recommend the National Geographic tour and the Farm Tour-both were spectacular in differing ways. We saw plenty of wildlife on the property and on the hikes nearby, but it was nice to be with guides who can spot and explain things on the spot.
We have found our favorite destination and cannot wait to return!!!
I absolutely loved my stay at Rancho Pacifico. The service was incredible! Every person on the staff was genuinely nice and welcoming. There are only a few rooms so it's a pretty limited number of guests even at maximum occupancy, which means an extremely personalized level of service. All of the facilities are clean and modern, and the view is breathtaking. I missed the place as soon as I left!